Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH #50 Spoilers (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: LSH #50 Spoilers
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I bet I know what happened.

But I don't want to speculate until I've read the comic, which won't be until this weekend. If I still think I'm right I'll mention it in my review on Legion Abstract.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
What utter crap! You all have been too kind in my opinion. I didn't even recognize Gazelle in her first panel appearance and she looks like a fricking Peanuts character in a few panels. And Lyle looks like he's about 8 years old! I was still thinking he was the doomed Legionnaire until the very last panel, because he doesn't appear among the other revived members. And the monsters looked like some grade school kid drew them.

If DC was going to rewrite the story, they should've at least rewritten the solicit on their site to match. What a blatant case of false advertising!

I want Didio's resignation now! And anybody else's who was involved in this drek.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I could not make it to the CBS yesterday. So, the conclusion of this Legion era awaits me there today. I have some sympathy for comics industry professionals. It's a tough economy and comics purchases are easy for consumers to give up -- between online piracy and the probability of a favorite title being published in trade a few months down the road.

That said, my sympathy does not extend to the inept. It is precisely because of the tough sales economy that repeated editorial and marketing mistakes are unacceptable. This title, the entire Legion franchise, has been riddled with them.

Waid authors a reboot, but is so busy with 52 that his writing loses its focus.

A reasonably good cartoon is launched, with a marginally good Johnny DC title. Happy meal toys(generally only effective for marketing to pre-readers) are obsolete by the time they are released because of changes in the cartoon, and the Johnny DC title never gets in synch with the cartoon. Nor does the cartoon seem informed by any Legion continuity. Who the hell is Kel-El?

After Waid and Kitson's departure, the main title sputters inconsistently, losing almost all but hard-core Legion fans.

The Legion appears in a live action broadcast - Smallville - at precisely the low point of the main comics existence: a hastily assembled cancellation issue and the perpetually delayed Lo3W - a major Legion tie-in to a purported once-a-decade crossover event that is so late it has become irrelevant.

The Legion's appearance in a JLA/JSA crossover is a headscratcher and a little bit of a disappointment, but all things considered one of the bright spots of the past 5 years.

I may have to change comic book stores next month, because I can't see keeping enough titles to meet my current store subscription box minimum.

The threeboot Legion got me buy comics after a 15 year hiatus. Maybe it's just time for me to move on and start re-reading Shakespeare and Chaucer.

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read this yet. I have the curse of someone loyal enough to subscribe, which means I get every issue three weeks after everyone else. I fact, my copy of #49 arived two days ago. Anyway, DC still hasn't changed its description on the solicitations. Are they just blatently thumbing their noses at us?

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Maritimer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Maritimer   Author's Homepage   Email the Maritimer         Edit/Delete Post     
Words cannot express how disappointed I am.

When I saw the credits, I knew something was up. As most everyone here has said, it was a complete and utter rip off. This series ended at #49. I will never open #50 again unless I become senile and forget what it was about.

I wish I could email DC Comics to voice my displeasure, but they have no address I can find to send one to.

I have followed this series since the early 60's and have never felt this betrayed, not even after Zero Hour. I can't believe Paul Levitz let this sham go through. Paul, if you come to this site as an occasional reader, please do something to correct this.

Unless this is addressed somehow in Lo3W, we have all been had.

Dan Didio owes the Legion fan community a big explanation and/or an apology. I HOPE he is man enough to step forward in the very near future to do so.

From: New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
What really kills me is this crap was produced at the close of the Legion's 50th anniversary year! What a slap in the face to the Legion and its fans!

I want somebody's head on a pike.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe Legion #50 was ghost-rewritten by some Didio peon to serve the purposes of Legion of 3 Worlds, which itself has been rewritten (the delays are due to radical story revisions, not late art).

Theory: Now Legion #50 takes place *before* LO3W -- the 3boot team was originally snatched from their reality sometime between #37 and #44 -- thus ensuring that the 3boot team meets its final fate in LO3W instead of their own series.

[ January 29, 2009, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
I called my LCS and the owner told me that I could return the issue for store credit. If you were duped into buying this issue, you should call your store owner and see if you can do likewise.

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I believe Legion #50 was ghost-rewritten by some Didio peon to serve the purposes of Legion of 3 Worlds, which itself has been rewritten (the delays are due to radical story revisions, not late art).

Theory: Now Legion #50 takes place *before* LO3W -- the 3boot team was originally snatched from their reality sometime between #37 and #44 -- thus ensuring that the 3boot team meets its final fate in LO3W instead of their own series.

I think there may be something to that. If the Princess goes over to Prime's team, I guess we'll know for sure.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Dan DiDio
DC Comics
1700 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

Don't just say it here guys (and gals) write a letter. I know I will (and I don't even have the issue yet, so I will wait until I've read it in my LCS, to decide if I want to buy it or not...)

But the sheer unprofessionalism of this stunt is pretty disgusting. Bad move on DC's part and I will let them know.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I

LOVE IT!!!

[LOL]

It was the perfect second (maybe third) part of a 1960's ADV Legion issue.

There were, cute aliens and and flying saucers and blasters!!! There were pretty girls who loved their guys and well just EVERYTHING!!!

That old mean Lafong got just what she deserved. [Mad]

I was SOoooo scared when those monsters were tearing up the bodies and Brainy was just laying there...dead. [Frown] But Brainy, he recoverd somehow in time to save the day, just like always.

You old farts looking for plots and stuff just wouldn't get it.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ps: The art, I really did like the art. I realize a new artist coming in would have difficulty with the more familiar to us characters but I thought those serviceable and everything else I thought expressive and other-worldly, and of course the coloring held true.

The cover was as awesome as I expected it to be from solicits so hopefully that held to everyone's expectations.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Acid Digestion Lad
Legion hopeful

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Acid Digestion Lad   Email Acid Digestion Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ya know I read a bit of it online and..just...Enh, it was really a let down especially because i was hoping for what we were proimsed. Granted I knew what I was getting into reading the spoilers here but still >_< It kinda bugged me.
From: Bismoll, baby! Yeah!! | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stuorstew
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stuorstew   Email stuorstew         Edit/Delete Post     
For me the worse part was not even in the main story.
It was in the next issue box which says:

We greatly appreciate the support of our loyal readers!

If this is how they reward loyalty I would hate to see what they do to everybody else!

From: Dorset, England | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I've just seen the key pages on scans daily.

I for one am not even going to think about paying a penny for that insult to the intelligence. The writing is awful, the plotting bears almost no relevance to what's gone before and the art is shockingly bad, even if it were rushed (which it clearly was) there is no excuse for DC to release something as appalingly bad as this. It's an insult to the buying public. Even if it weren't the last issue of a series it would be a complete slap in the face to readers. As a final issue it's just a complete indication that the high ups at DC don't give a toss about the characters, the current creators or the Legion fans.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.