Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH #50 Spoilers (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: LSH #50 Spoilers
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
not as funny as the issue they put out.

Which was about as funny as the taste of a bottle of Corona that'd been left in the sun the entire summer served with a week old potato salad.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
hm. do u think dc will issue an apology? that would be funny.

Hell no bro, they are way too into themselves to apologize to us. Who are we after all? Just the reason DC's been in business all these years AND 50 of those as loyal Legion fans.
Then they go and "reward" us with this sack of sh*t in the form of the much-anticipated, anniversay year special, series ending product.

I wish I didn't hate X-Men these days (past few years actually). I'd stick with Marvel exclusively.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
For a final issue, it did little to wrap up any lose ends. One of the worst books I have read in a long time.

Lets hope Adventure Comics is better.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
On the [Sun Boy] side:

A good issue NEVER gets this many posts.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
They could have ended it with 49 and been much better off.

Well, from MY perspective, they could have ended the series BEFORE #49. Somewhere pre-Princess Projectra's (& Brin's) reputation being tossed in the gutter.

Or for that matter, sometime BEFORE Brainy used a surrogate filled with Nura's soul, for a date. Which, seemingly, PROVES that her presense IS a soul, rather than just a download of 'Nura' informantion.
That alone makes what happens in #50 an atrocity!

I would have happily settled for the issue with Star Boy and Light Lass channeling power to Brainy and destroying the planet.

Then, they could have made jfm's last covers into beautiful posters for us to rave over!

[ January 30, 2009, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Candle ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Candle...i am one of if not the biggest of Brin's Fans, and folks here can tell you how much i love the princess, so believe me, i understand.

I cannot help but think there was much more to Brins and the princess' story that could easily have been finished in another four issues. In fact, we know there was, because shooter told us he had written it out, including a shortened ending for 50.

[ January 30, 2009, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: rickshaw1 ]

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I gotta agree with Blockade Boy. In my short time here, I've never seen us so united and so many different people posting.

Remember awhile back, the "I sent an email to Dan DiDio" thread? I sent him several. Well, a few days ago I tried again and I got one of the "undeliverable" mailer daemons. Guess he got tired of hearing from me. Or us.

I did send fjm an e-mail yesterday, first of all thanking him for his work. Then I asked him 1) if he knew and could tell who wrote issue #50, and I sincerely, sincerely promised him that I would not tell who said it, or, 2) I gave him a list of 4 groups of 3 creators each , with the likes of Jim Shooter, Mark Waid, Keith Giffen, etc. randomly mixed in, to ask if he could at least tell me which group the creator was in--the final choice was "None of the above/unknown."

I got a reply earlier today, and yes, I realize I was very naive to believe he would/could tell me the answer, or at least narrow it down. I REALLY would not have given his name out as the source. I'm only writing this now because his reply is no cause for damage to his reputation. Anywho, his reply essentially said he really, honestly did not know, that since he and Shooter left the book, he hasn't looked back.

First of all, everything I have read from him leads me to believe he is a young man of integrity. I don't believe it was Shooter, middle fingers blazing or otherwise. My email is currently down, and I'm *84th* in the queue for Tech Support, so I can't cut and paste it here exactly. If I can later I will.

Still hate the issue. Except for the cover. [Wink]

[ January 30, 2009, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Arm Fall Off Boy ]

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
First of all, everything I have read from him leads me to believe he is a young man of integrity. Secondly, the only thing I did glean from it was that comment about 'since he and Jim' left. I don't believe it was Shooter, middle fingers blazing or otherwise. My email is currently down, and I'm *84th* in the queue for Tech Support, so I can't cut and paste it here exactly. If I can later I will.

Please don't post private emails in the public forum. I've met Francis in person and I'll guarantee he spoke the truth.

Frankly, I don't think it matters who wrote this issue. I would like Francis (or Jim even) to maybe, later down the road, tell us the real ending to the storyline we were reading up until #50. That would be fascinating. I also hope Francis has another opportunity to work on the Legion under better circumstances than this.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
2) Justin Thyme is Dan Didio. Whoever read his short stories should find similarities.

Can you give us some concrete evidence for this?
I was being very sarcastic here. My apologies for not indicating it.
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Unless someone in DC editorial etc... says something, its doubtful Shooter will be able to say anything either. At some point, the crew in charge will be gone, and the may be a possibiity of work for him again, which he has earned with his run here. There may have been ups and downs, and the basic characters were not liked at all, but Shooter turned crap into fertilizer and started something growing.

The only way we ever know is if DC realizes that it was indeed cow diareahea and apologizes and gives us the story.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Frankly, I don't think it matters who wrote this issue. I would like Francis (or Jim even) to maybe, later down the road, tell us the real ending to the storyline we were reading up until #50. That would be fascinating. I also hope Francis has another opportunity to work on the Legion under better circumstances than this.

In fact, we also should give a big thank you for Barry Kitson, who also came forth and told us here how much more different (and interesting) the book would have been had it not being trampled by DC Editorial and Geoff Johns disregard for other creators' franchises.
Hopefully, we will see something like that from Jim Shooter. He is the kind of guy who sincerely loves the Legion. Which is not the case of Dan Didio or Mike Marts for all we know/read about.

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Well....

I don't think the art was as bad as many here have stated. There has been worse art in Legion books. It is too bad we didn't get a true farewell issue from fjm. I bet it would have had that extra ....oomph!

Storywise...hey, I think it kinda follows 3boot trends of having a big, long build up with an anti-climax. That didn't surprise or bother me.

I will echo those who found this to be a let down for a series ender. A cameo of Wildfire is kinda nice. Anyone who knows me knows it's hard for me to criticize the return of Dream Girl, especially after her horrid treatment in this boot. My heart is pleased to see her and Drake, my head feels like it was a cheap attempt to get on my good side.

Leaving all the other plots un-resolved is just painful. It does make one anticipate some sort of resolution in the book(s) ....whatever they may be... that the Legion will appear in in the future-- Lo3W, Adventure, whatever.

As I said in my comments about #49, it's hard to feel connected to this boot of the Legion knowing that it's over, but somehow, TPTB managed to bring out some emotions.... outrage.

Wow.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
So, I'm mildly entertained by the fact that 'Justin Thyme' didn't know how to spell 'sprock...' He got it wrong twice that I noticed!

The art had moments that I didn't hate (the virtual reality aliens looked kinda neat, for instance) but other moments (Invisible Toddler, for instance) that made me wince at how bad they were. Given a full month to work on a story that wasn't being kludged together at the last moment by a scab who was too ashamed of what he'd produced to even use his real name on the project, it's possible the artist's work would be far more fairly represented.

These last six or so issues have been boggling. The Tryouts issue was amazingly cool, with tons of attention to detail from both Jim and Francis, which led to subthreads speculating why characters had voted the way they had, and posts commenting on how each of the Legionnaires had different physical / visual reactions to events in the story, adding to their characterization, and then there's this sort of awful cobbled-together drek.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dream Girl back, too, but not as some soulless simulacrum of herself that has transformed from the ass-kicking former PreCop that Waid gave us into some fainting flower that has to constantly be saved by her big brave (green) man and wastes most of her appearances either being victimized, being rescued or nattering on about her big, big love and upcoming nuptials. Bah, humbug.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
'Justin Thyme' didn't know how to spell 'sprock...'

That should rule out Levitz as writer and Karate kid wasn't killed so that should rule out Giffen.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
'Justin Thyme' didn't know how to spell 'sprock...'

That should rule out Levitz as writer and Karate kid wasn't killed so that should rule out Giffen.

[LOL] Excellent points, BB.

As for private e-mails, NC, it was basically what I stated here, but gotcha. No problem.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.