Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » Question for Dan DiDio? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Question for Dan DiDio?
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to the Wizard World Philly Convention on Saturday, and will be attending the DC Nation Panel hosted by Dan DiDio.

As they usually have a Q & A at the end, is there any Legion-y question that you guys are just dying to ask him?

I'm hereby volunteering to be the mouthpiece for one lucky contestant (chosen at random), and will report back with your answer.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Do Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl still have a son?

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
What would DC do if Geoff Johns left?

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Either

What was Busiek's idea for a Legion series

or

how long will Adventure Comics have a Legion back up befor a decision is made to either scrap it or give the Legion its own series

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
What of Cub?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
cant we have 3 legion books about the different legions.

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
What of the Pre-Crisis Supergirl/Legion connection?

What of Dev-em and Laurel Kent?

Bring back Val Armorr!

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Is R.E.B.E.L.S. DC's solution to the Legion 'problem' because it fits 'better' into DC continuity, and will the traditional Legion characters become Superman Family guest characters from now on?

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
What would DC do if Geoff Johns left?

They would probably just let whatever the next writer wants to do. Which is a mistake!

Whatever
quote:
Originally posted by Lone Wolf Legionnaire:
What of the Pre-Crisis Supergirl/Legion connection?

What of Dev-em and Laurel Kent?

Bring back Val Armorr!

They may have already scarred Dev-Em forever. With the 52 Dev-Em and the criminal 21st century Dev-Em.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Tim Drake
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sir Tim Drake   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Tim Drake         Edit/Delete Post     
What makes you think you're qualified for your job, and how long must we wait before you get sacked?

(Note: it may not be a good idea to actually ask this.)

--------------------
Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake

From: Providence, RI | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's probably past the cut-off time for questions, but I would like to know what the criteria would be for the Legion to get its own comic. Fan support? Sales of the Adventure book? Gut feeling? A creator begging to do the book?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK... heading out... let's just fire up the Planetary Chance Machine (AKA a random number generator) and see who the lucky winner is...

Well... the last shall become the first... Fat Cramer! (though personally I loved Tim Drake's question [Wink] )

OK, FC, I'll try to pose that to DiDio today, though if past performance is an indicator, he tends to be a slippery one.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

...aaaaaand I'm back.

Wow, what a boring convention. Hardly any DC presence, and very few creators whose names I even recognized. I did pick up a slew of back issues in the quarter bins, though, and had a very nice lunch w/ Shark Lad, so I'll mark those in the win column.

DC Nation. Just a vicious panel at times. Philly is known for being outspoken, and people there made no bones about letting DiDio know how much they thought certain titles "sucked".

Anyway, I did ask Fat Cramer's question, and was told that fan support is essential to bringing the Legion back to the forefront. DiDio likened this period to the post Adventure period, where the Legion played backup to Superboy until enough noise was made to give them their own title. He said that although he always sees the Legion as having a presence in the DCU, this "second feature" status will continue for a period. I followed up, asking how long he anticipated that period being and he said... very discouragingly... "could be a year, could be infinity".

Someone else asked about Legion of 3 Worlds, and he said that if you like Conner Kent, you'll love LO3W #5. [Mad]

Not directly Legion-y, but someone asked about the severely delayed Ambush Bug #6, and DiDio got, to my eyes at least, somewhat evasive, saying that it will be out soon, as soon as the "dialogue changes" are made. Hmmmmm....

All in all, not a very positive panel for this Legion fan. Although I can somewhat understand the approach of slowly building a new fan base with the backups, I just hope that their strategy pays off.

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
...aaaaaand I'm back.
Anyway, I did ask Fat Cramer's question, and was told that fan support is essential to bringing the Legion back to the forefront. DiDio likened this period to the post Adventure period, where the Legion played backup to Superboy until enough noise was made to give them their own title.

Well, if that's not a call to arms I don't know what is.

Do today's fans have enough passion to make the same 'noise'? A better question might be if there's any possible way to get enough unity to make the *same* noise?

I know I've been waiting to see what the Legion looks like at the end of Three Worlds... I'm really hoping that the nature of the team(s) and setting(s) left standing by that series' last panel will be something that can somehow unite the Legion's very fractured fandom.

Start thinking of creative ways to make that 'noise' for DC's ears...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm curious- just what books did the outspoken Philadelphia fans thought 'sucked'?
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.