Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » DrakeB3004 Fan Art (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   
Author Topic: DrakeB3004 Fan Art
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, just for a chill, is it allowed that you let us know something, an ad, you did and we might see? One of those things that when were hanging out with buds, we can say "yeh I know who did that!"

And hey, all Drake all the time isn't necessarily a bad thing, particularly when he looks like your version.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, you should get that Wildfire pic made up into a poster. It would be amazing! Unless it got you into trouble with DC, then.. never mind. [Big Grin]
From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
Drake, just for a chill, is it allowed that you let us know something, an ad, you did and we might see? One of those things that when were hanging out with buds, we can say "yeh I know who did that!"

Honestly, I can't think of anything right now -- it's usually months later that something I worked on ends up on the air and I can't think back that far -- most of it's a blur. And even if I remembered, I don't know which ones air in which parts of the country. I did a bunch of comic book type art for the MTV Movie Awards though -- I remember that cuz I worked on it for an entire month.

Oh ok, I remembered I recently worked on a Smirnoff Vodka compaign and an AOL Bradband commercial. I also did some anti-drug p.s.a's that are airing now.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Here's an "Ayla in overalls" sketch.
 - ]

[ February 09, 2010, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cute, even if it is Ayla, but what happened to her shirt? [Wink]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know how I missed this thread earlier. They look great, Drake!

Eric

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Drake, I'm not sure if I've ever done this, but I really want to gush over your artwork! You do some really good renditions of the Legionnaires and your love of Wildfire TOTALLY shows! Please keep this thread active!!
[Lightning Lad]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crystal-cherry

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crystal-cherry   Author's Homepage   Email crystal-cherry         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome pics!! I really love your XS pic but I love them all! Hope to see more soon. Keep it up :gives ya two big thumbs up:

--------------------
Stay Frosty!

From: here | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Thanks for the nice comments and for dropping by to check out my thread!

Unlike the other stuff here, this is something I did 100% on the computer (MacPaint). I thought I'd put it up because of the current Legionology topic...
 -

Su
Mendicant

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Su   Email Su         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow.
Your art is amazing. And the colors are excellent!
You really do a better job than some of the artists that DC hired for the comics.
I wish they had hired you to do the DC trading cards.
I know the monthly grind is a royal pain, but I think you could do a great job doing just the covers even. And I'd love to see you do trading cards. Some of the pics you did would be great for comic covers or trading cards. Hell, if you didn't want to draw you could be a colorist. :-)
I especially love the Starboy one. Just the way he's posed and the sunspots and stuff.
I wish that I could still hold a pencil for more than 5 minutes much less draw like that.
luv,
-Su
ps. Are we going to see any pictures of postboot Brainiac 5 and Andromeda before the anomoly (I liked Andromeda's loincloth)-- I know I'm a pest.

Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

In honor of Lightle's redesign...
 -
P.S. Thanks a lot Su!

[ February 09, 2010, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic Drawing Drake. Really captures the unique look.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Drake,

Regarding Tasmia...

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Two thumbs up. More if I had 'em! Has Steve L. seen this yet?

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Outstanding rendition. If anything, this shows her face and contours better than Lightle's original redesign -- because her skin is a bit lighter.
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Jeez Drake, why aren't you drawing covers at very least for DC? Your pictures are superb!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.