Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB: the tale of Cobalt and Spacey (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LMB: the tale of Cobalt and Spacey
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Note- This story takes place one month ago in LMB continuity, after Cobalt Kid has finally returned to the LMBP after killing his two great enemies Dark Conan and the Pious One. He returns to find that his long time love Space Tart, who had also become his wife, has recently been killed.

Cobalt sits in his office at the Legion World, going through the files that have been keeping him busy as of late. Getting adjusted to Legion World has been easier than he'd hoped, if for no other reason than the friendly demeanor of most of the people there, and the friendly faces of the LMBers he's known for so long. Princess Crujectra had offered him the position as Head of Security for three reasons, one being that she knew he was capable and trusted him, two that he was her long time friend, and three that she wanted to give him something to do to keep his mind off his recent trouble. Space Tart, his long time lover had died, and he wasn't even around for it.

"Spacey..." says Cobalt out loud, realizing he's brooding again. He looks up to see his new friend Space Ranger walking in. "Uh, sorry CK, I didn't know you were busy...". "No, no prob Ranger, I was just going through some files-" "Cobalt. Don't worry. Look, maybe you should take some time off. Just a day or so, we'll get along fine without you. You lost someone close to you, maybe you should, I don't know..."

Cobalt smiled. "Thanks Ranger, but I'm fine. I'll be SHAKES in a little while." As the Space Ranger left, Cobalt thought about Space Tart and how they met so long ago, about their lives together, and how things had changed in the LMBP so much...

-end Prologue-

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

year one:

The LMBP cruiser was making it's landing on the planet Impulse, when Lev Lad botched the landing and crashed into the planet at full-speed. Cobalt let out a laugh, too drunk to even care at this point, after all, it was Loser's fault for bringing along so much booze. When Cobalt, Loser and Lash finally emerged from the cruiser, the first thing they saw was a young blue woman in a micro-skirt and halter top and with an obvious attitude problem. Funny how things work out that way, Loser throwing up a second later and Lash laughing as he ducked out of the way. Cobalt at first only wanted directions, after all he was the one who started this road trip, and as he approached her something else happened. She felt it too, and although it was really just young lust at it's finest, neither seemed to mind pretending it was something more...

Two weeks later, Space Tart had journeyed with them through WW World, Opal City and Titan. Cobalt and Spacey not only spent most their time having wild sex and drinking, they fought and nagged each other like an old couple. When Loser Lad introduced his Cargitte Gymnast friend to him, Space Tart stormed into the LMBP meeting room screaming "Cobalt Kid is a cad!" Next thing you know, she demanded membership, earned it and started going on missions. Lard Lad turned to Cobalt wide-eyed and asked "what the fuck are you gonna do?". Cobalt just smiled, "I don't know, but I'm starting to like her..."

The memories of that year are many and legendary in some aspects, but one has always stuck out about Cobalt and Spacey. The LMBP were all away on a mission, leaving Spacey, Cobalt and Greybird alone in the HQ. Tsarin had just died, leaving a sad air among the LMBP as of late. Spacey cuddled with Cobalt, who mourned his dear friend. Surprisingly sober, Cobalt turned to her seriously and stared at her. "Thanks for being there Spacey..." he half-smiled. "Cobie, you know I'll always be" she replied. "I know", he said pouring them two drinks, "here's lookin at you kid".

Two months later, Cobalt was lost in a dimension fighting some being called the Pious One who had been tormenting him his whole life. Space Tart was inconsulable, but remained with theh LMBP. Year One was over, it was time to move on...

End part I

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Space Tart wasn't on duty when Lash, Sasha and Beagz found Cobalt out in space. He had been shivering and was naked, and by all means should have been dead if not for his magnetic powers. After a few jokes about how he hung though, he seemed to be his old self. His return home was a joyous event though, and the LMBP mainstays all came out for it, as Lardy, Crusader, Dev and the rest joined him and introduced him to a few newbies like Faraway Lad.

Space Tart's reaction was priceless, as she had always kept him in her heart. They were reunited in grand fashion and were rushed to her room. The next few weeks were great...

But Cobalt stayed distant at time, pondering his time away. Space Tart had now become an active LMBer and was often on missions, while Cobalt would go weeks without appearing. When Shark Lad went evil, Cobalt didn't show up for sometime to help. The betrayal of Carrina Winters was a wake up call to get him back, but by now Spacey was fed up. "After all of these months why couldn't things go back to normal?" was her first reaction, but that soon changed to resentment. She started dating others, includng other LMBers. Cobalt did the same, going back to his normal ways. On the surface, neiter seemed to care, and although sex wasn't a weapon, it was an escape.

Spacey and Cobalt tried to stay friends and pretty much did. Cobalt Kid showed up at her door one day in the middle of the night, with a bottle of wine and scarf. "What's the scarf for?" "It's your outfit for tonight..." "I knew I liked the way you thought..." she smiled. He stayed in her apartment the whole week.

Then, he was gone. From her room, her life, and the LMBP. With no explanation. She continued on in the LMBP, kept being her fun loving self, but she was never always completely happy...

Once again Cobalt was sucked into a war with the Pious One. His name... if only he could remember it... he was gone for months...

End Part II

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cobalt showed during the leadership of StuRat to find a much changed LMB. He'd been gone for a long time, and feared he might not fit in anymore. Was he ever wrong! A lot of his old friends were back and a whole bunch of new ones were there too! And so was Spacey...

Spacey had been seeing people here and there, keeping up with LMB missions. When Cobalt came back, they both did their own thing, with occasional flings and fights again. A lot more female LMBers seemed to be around and there were plenty of fish in the sea for both sides. Then one day, Spacey saw Poverty Lad and Cobalt Kid dressed in Cheerleader outfits attempting to discover who Homecoming Queen really was. At first she was a little jealous and mad, but seemed to soften up when she saw that Cobalt's demeanor had changed again... he was the ol' Cobie, the fun loving guy she had first fallen for. It seems they both had grown up, but still could be as fun as ever.

Cobalt enjoyed his return of the LMB more than ever. He not only fought in LMB missions, he had fun doing, like when he goaded the Anti-Moderator on the world of Phineas B. Fuddle. Everyone was having a blast, the LMBP seemed to have it's ranks swelling with members again. And Space Tart was there, same as always. It took a few flings with Amber, Umber, and some others when he realized how he felt about her...

Princess Crujectra later told him the whole LMB was waiting for it. They watched from the Headquarters the day Cobalt and Spacey were outside talking. No one could here what they were saying, but there was a lot of smiling and laughing. A few LMBers wanted to stay and watch what subsequently happened, a most just wanted to make it an orgy, but luckily for Cobalt and Spacey, the Time Mouse Trapper attacked. Cobalt and Spacey reunited in LMB fashion, and for the first time ever, they knew it was love and knew they could even take a shot at monogamy!

Things were good for the first time ever, as Year Three came to an end for the LMB, when it came to Cobalt and Spacey. Then another surprise happened...Spacey was late. And a baby was on the way!

End Part III

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Space Tart was pregnant and the LMB celebrated. It lasted only a short time. Soon, Amber was pregnant, then Umber, the Crujectra. No one knew what was happening.

It turned out Crujeckie and Stu were having twins, but the Time Mouse Trapper decided to attack by erasing them. He also used his abilities to make the other girl LMBers pregnant too. Space Tart gave birth to a beautiful boy, who grew into a twelve foot demon in five weeks. Cobalt and Spacey were devastated, but sent it away to the end of time, after the LMBP had destroyed the Time Mouse Trapper forever. Stu and Crujeckie's kids were lost too.

Yet, for Cobalt Kid and Space Tart, they only seemed to be stronger. For the first time, Cobalt Kid became the leader of the LMB, after being the first deputy with Shady under Lardlad, and now he was leader.

That year was the best year that Cobalt and Spacey had, and Spacey was content to allow her time in the LMB slow down a little. Cobalt's term ended and they went on vacation.

That year ended with a large influx of new recruits, a couple of controversies and some old LMBP members leaving. Cobalt began to not be around as much anymore, but Spacey new why finally. A being called the Pious One by Cobalt sucked him into his dimension constantly and battled him, as he had done for years. This Pious One was the reason Cobalt had left so many times before. It's real name was Dr. Albert Hoffman, a scienctist who tried to make Cobalt a part of his school. Cobalt had thought him destroyed, but his essence lived on in another plane, sucking Cobalt back.

Spacey and Cobalt did their best, and in secret, finally held the wedding that both thought they'd never had. They were married, with a small handful of LMBers present. Lard Lad gave the toast, and Lash Lad caught the flowers.

For two months the newly weds enjoyed marital bliss. Then the Pious One launched one final assault on Cobalt and took him away seemingly forever. Space Tart found the bodies of Dark Conan and the Pious One, but never Cobalt's.

End Part IV

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Space Tart rejoined the LMBP at the end of the fourth year, to see the influx of LMBPers. She mainly stayed in the backround, although she was a major player in the Super Jail House of Space. Without Cobalt around though, it seemed a little less important.

Then the crisis came. The migration from their worlds was a rough period, although it ended with the creation of Legion World. One hero didn't make it though, and Space Tart was lost. She'd made the ultimate sacrifice, and saved the LMBP. She'd rather see Cobalt again...

The LMBP went on for months, regrouped at the Legion World, opened up an embassy. New members weren't so new anymore, and the Legion World flourished. Princess Crujectra reigned with Eryk Davis Ester as the deputy. Semi Transparant Fellow and Varalant opened up SHAKES.

And, Cobalt Kid reappeared again. The Pious One was dead, Cobalt had killed him, breaking an oath he once swore not to kill. He'd had enough, but Dr. Hoffman still survived in the form of an LSD trip that exists in another dimension. Cobalt tried to fight him there, but didn't even really understand what he was fighting (he wished Mystery Lad was around), but in the end, believed he'd destroyed him.

Cobalt rejoined his fellow LMBPers who were over joyed to see him. This time he was there for the long haul. He got to meet a whole bunch of new LMBers too, and even helped stop an invasion in his first week, meet a new partner in Space Ranger, and encourage some of Tarik the Mute's students to come back to the side of good.

And then they told him. Lash, Crujeckie and the rest told him the story. He grieved. They'd come so far since those early days...

Crujectra gave him the job as Head of Security, and he'd enmassed himself in it. But he missed Spacey...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Cobalt snapped back into the present. He heard laughs down the street at SHAKES, the place felt like it was rolling.

He looked at a picture of Space Tart at his desk, of when he first meant her. Suddenly, he decided to change it to the picture from their wedding. He smiled, "We came a long way Spacey. You can never have too much fun I'd like to think, but there's nothing wrong with growing. We grew together, and I'll always love and thank you for that. And despite using a corny saying, I really think you if you were here you'd tell me to stop working and go get my ass to SHAKES for some debauchery."

Cobalt began to walk out of his office. He paused. "For the LMBP then. That's what I believe in, and you did too. That's my home now." He looked at Spacey's picture. "Here's lookin' at you kid."

-------------------------

Cobalt joined the others at SHAKES for a laugh and a drink. During the night, someone asked what the barette he had in his hand was. It was Spacey's but he replied "this? It's the stuff that dreams are made of..."

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Not the best written story, but one I felt needed to be told [Smile] . Hope someone reads it!

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
*sniff*

How could we not???

*sniff*

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
CK, that was wonderful! I'm glad to know that Space Tart would have liked SHAKES because we would love having her around.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
good stuff ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks guys!!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks guys!!
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Great Story CK heres To Space Tart!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice, CK!

Love how it was just as much a documentary of your own comings and goings from the LMBP!

Wonder who your real-life Pious One is/was? College?

And when the fuck did Spacey die? That's just TOO fucking sad! No one that hot should be dead!

<sniff>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.