Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Edit: Thread title, to encourage posting comments

I noticed recently that I get a better response to my FanFic through PMs than I do on the posting threads.

I'm hoping that this trend means that people don't want to interrupt the 'flow' of the story, but it could very well mean that the comments are being withheld for other reasons, such as a majority of readers not liking the story and not wanting to post negative comments.

Well, I'm slightly masochistic and I believe that any writer who honestly wants to improve his or her mastery of the craft NEEDS to hear the negative side and use it as a counterbalance.

Please remember one thing however, my intention is not to start a battle between posters, nor am I asking for comments on anyone else's work - although they are invited to join in should THEY so choose.

So here's the place for that ...

[ December 07, 2004, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Binliner (that's Harbinger to you!)is on record saying she prefers people to post on her threads as it acts like a 'commercial break' and pads out the pages to make it look like she's written more than she really has

I am so gonna get my arse kicked for this!!!

[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

I also feel that if I post then I know where to resume reading next time I check the thread out....

Maybe it's just that Me, you, your missing bro', Numfie, Danny and 'binger are the only people who read this?

I feel really lonely all of a sudden [Eek!]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Boy:
Binliner (that's Harbinger to you!)is on record saying she prefers people to post on her threads as it acts like a 'commercial break' and pads out the pages to make it look like she's written more than she really has

I am so gonna get my arse kicked for this!!!

Actually Sonnie is right, I quite like a few posts between yesterdays and todays and tomorrows posts in my fanfics.

I'll only do it to others if other people are doing it too though. I know that, for instance, I whizzed through Grey Birds Solace tale as a result of there being no other posts, but I still enjoy reading others views on my stories.

[Big Grin]

And I am going to kick his arse!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
And here I was going to PM you guys to say that I'm sorry I've fallen behind in the fanfic reading here again and haven't gotten to any of the recent stuff. This week, this week. By which time you'll have written 10 more pieces.....

I like to read the comments - sometimes people mention things I hadn't noticed or suggest possible endings/interpretations I hadn't thought of, through which I get more out of what I'm reading.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I also like for peope to post on my story!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I've just re-read this thread and I've got to ask you Chuckles, are you wanting us to post our comments on your stories here in this thread or in your stories actual thread?

I'm confused! [Confused]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't received many PM's on my stuff, so I have to assume that most of the people who have read it are either not saying anything or are posting on the thread itself.

I really don't mind if people post in the thread.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I find it harder to comment on a multi-part story until it has arrived at some conclusion. Perhaps it comes from seeing that an author is aiming at a resolution or high point, in both character actions and plot, and I find it premature to judge until I've seen all of the essentials.

That also makes it harder to communicate how I'm enjoying a story as it unfolds, unless I use the occasional IM. A less "permanent" note seems more appropriate for a work in progress. If it's clearly a serial story, though, with well-defined episodes, notes after each installment become more worthwhile.

Also, for those who don't know recent and local traditions: Many LMBPers would begin a story on the old DC boards, using the LMBP characters, and tag it "Onevision," which by common consent meant that no comments were posted to the thread until the author signaled that he or she was finished.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

I really enjoy all the Tag Team threads that are developing here. The different ideas, styles and use of characters is brilliant [Big Grin]

I want to post but amn't brave enough yet! I will but first I have to kill off ... I mean write exciting stories about my own characters. Once my current Legion 35C spin-off story line is over (probably tomorrow, certainly by the end of the week) I'll dive in.

Just thought I'd post my appreciation for them here rather than on the threads themselves.

Bxx

--------------------

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As someone who used to write quite a bit on the old boards I always found comments (negative and positive) on the threads a welcome sign that people were reading and (hopefully) enjoying the stories. So in my case please feel free to comment as and when.

Greys comment about onevisions versus tag teams is a good one. Although for my part I always thought the main difference was that we had set onevisions up so that only that one author could set out and tell his story, without additions from his friends that may have taken the story in directions the author did not want to go. I don’t think they were intended to stop comments but my memory may be out on that. Perhaps some of the old hands can help out here?

The tag team stories were great fun precisely because they could go of on such weird and wonderful tangents.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

The on-going tag team thread has made me laugh more than any other thread on this board....

Will try to think of some funny scenario to write into it but can't promise it'll be of a similar standard....

Almost New Kids latest Space Ranger-with-wind post made me snort lemsip through my nose - that's one way to unblock sinuses! Though not a way I'd recommend..... [Big Grin]

thanks chuck!

[ October 20, 2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Sonnie Bozzo ]

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sonnie Bozzo:
The on-going tag team thread has made me laugh more than any other thread on this board....

Will try to think of some funny scenario to write into it but can't promise it'll be of a similar standard....

Almost New Kids latest Space Ranger-with-wind post made me snort lemsip through my nose - that's one way to unblock sinuses! Though not a way I'd recommend..... [Big Grin]

thanks chuck!

You're quite welcome Keith, but I recommend checking some of the new posts. Recent additions by Cobie, Harby, Blockhead Boy(?)(Hmm... Gotta be an innocent typo, [Big Grin] ), FC, and others have added some bits that put mine to shame. [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

Free KOKO and Jinx!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

I think I'll post a general comment on this thread - I'm a bit intimidated posting on a tag-team thread - which is a bit ironic as I can quite happily create my own universe to play with! Not in REALITY but in writing you understand, I'm not godly really, well not without a bit of cosmetics and a good bra anyway [Big Grin] [Laugh Out Loud]

I do try. [Embarrassed]

Honest. [Embarrassed]

don't hate me please.

--------------------

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Binger, if you take a moment and reread the 'onging' thread the bit you posted to it was quite possible the single funniest bit in the entire story. And it set up a lot of the things that came after it. [Razz]

I know that ABNQNK took off and ran with what you wrote, but who says you can't return the favor? [Wink]

And, we could never, Ever, hate you Belinda. [Love]

Now, get in there and goof off, just like the rest of us.

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.