Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I've finally finished reading Stealths wonderful Imperial Guard fanfic, and twice tried to reply on the thread to bump it up to the first page for all to read but for some reason neither post took [Confused] Oh well, just as well Chuck set up this thread all those years ago isn't it?

Anyway, Stealth, I really enjoyed it! The characters were well written, each quite individual and believable (from Raila's initial nerves to Nightsides grace and scintillas bitchiness and Gladiators ego - all good!), the pacing was great, the plot dramatic and I'm looking forward to the third part where (I hope) Boll-Drik will come up with a cunning plan [Big Grin] Of course, I need more, more, more!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
I've finally finished reading Stealths wonderful Imperial Guard fanfic,

That's one of my favorites as well. I'm a big Imperial Guard fan as well, and they are, but for a tiny step sideways, pretty much the Legion anyway. [Smile]

Edit to add:

I've updated my webpage with all of my current Legion fic; Genocide, Arm Stays On Boy, Interlude, Tryouts - Introducing Ultra Girl, BITS of Legion Business and the insanely oversized Emerald Legion.

The Tryouts and BITS of Legion Business categories are wide open to be expanded into series, but I don't have anything specific planned in that area yet.

[ January 24, 2008, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Harbi, Set, thank you both for the kind words.

Arc Three is taking shape but, being a labor of love, it takes time.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
Harbi, Set, thank you both for the kind words.

Arc Three is taking shape but, being a labor of love, it takes time.

Never rush perfection!
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't worry about how long it'll take Stealth as we'll be here to read it once you are done, and as it took me 18months to get to the Finale of my Leg35C stories (and I'm still only half way through Ambers Song, the prologue, after about 4 1/2 years!) I'm certainly not going to critize!

As Set so rightly says never rush perfection [Smile]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
i want every one to know i was equivalent to being on crack when i made this i hadn't slept i was sick and i was cranky that that i made almost no money at ny anime con..and i know thats no excuse but some times things like this slip out  -

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

The description of Ultra Boy in 21st century Legion has some pretty darn sweet writing and characterization. Nice work, Cobalt!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Set! [Smile] I really appreciate it! That was a post I was particularly proud of. I'm having a blast with 21CL right now with Reboot, and we've both got some big things coming. Glad to know you're reading it!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
For what it's worth, "The Covenant" is back after a lengthy hiatus (though not as long as the one for "Turning Point" [Roll Eyes] ). I think I began this one too soon after completing "Smoke and Mirrors" and got too burned out too quickly. I'm committed, at least, to getting Part Two out in a timely manner. At least the long wait kinda mirrors the length of the mission, right? [Smile]

Rocky, you'll get Adelie back eventually! [Wink]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I just noticed this, Lardy. I'm glad to see it's back.

I've been missing Adelie, though this has given me a chance to develop Tim and Hyvvie's characters a bit. [Smile]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Look for more installments in the coming weeks, Rocky. I hope you like some of the things I'm doing to develop her character. I'm sure you know some other characters you're invested in will show up, too. [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
So far so good. I'll be staying tuned to this same channel for the next episode! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion of Camelot resumes when I get back from San D.

I've got a bit of material stockpiled, so we shouldn't have another lag.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

It's good to see more of the "Legion of Camelot" posted, Sean. It's one of those things where I've read a little and have always meant to sit down and read the whole thing. This gives me an excuse! [Big Grin]

It's also good to see some new Joeboy art.

Now that 30 or so of us have been in the same place at the same time, I think we may be seeing a new outpouring of creativity around here.

--------------------

PenaltyKillah
Out of Continuity!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenaltyKillah   Author's Homepage   Email PenaltyKillah         Edit/Delete Post     
Ahem... wow, the most comprehensive Legion artist in Deviantart actually landed in the mythos of LW? Wow. ... I don't know what to say. [Nightcrawler]

--------------------
"For some reason I can't explain or understand, and probably never will... EVERYTHING comes from SUPERMAN." - Alexander Luthor, Jr.

Unfortunately, the Legion is no exception.

From: Canadia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.