Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 33)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Updated my website to include short fics, Once a Legionnaire and Ghost & Dreams.

Further exciting news flashes as events warrant!

I'm really itching to get back to another BITS related short fic, but I haven't picked my BITS characters to play with yet. Curse Boy and Song Girl have promise, but I'm really interested in finding a way to make Omni Boy work...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, I'm new here, so, I thought I would post this in this topic instead of making a new one. It's an Matter-Eater Lad fic, cartoonwise, and it uses that Vital Information sketch from All That. Something that was a spur of the moment thing, but turned into something ongoing. Enjoy. Honest criticism appreciated.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4622419/1/Vital_Information_For_Your_Everyday_Life

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, old-time fic posters, a little help here, please:

If a fic contains the following:

Real swear words (not "sprock," and the like)
Teenagers drinking
Occasional vague allusions to sex, but no actual sex-- straight or gay

Is it okay to post it here, or is a fake cut to another site more appropriate ?

I wanted to know what the custom is hereabouts before I start posting anything. Sunday night FOX cartoons are about 10,000 times more graphic than anything I've written, content-wise, but I'm trying to be polite here. (Don't worry. That won't last. [Razz] )

Thanks.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Writers,
I just want to thank you for posting your work here at Bits. I personally don't often have the time I wish I did to read everything, but I'm sure many people are reading your work. Don't get discouraged if you don't get a lot of responses. It doesn't mean you're terrible. As a fan artist, I've posted countless pieces of art that never get a comment.

cleome, thank you for checking in on the content of your stories. I would not consider any of the subjects you've asked about to be unacceptable.

Have fun!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, thanks, Sketch. I'll get to it soon.

Of course, if people can die from too much emo and too many run-on sentences... Eh, I'll just post a warning first. Emo and run-ons have only me *me* stronger.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! We've kind of got a vaguely coherent plot in the tag team tale!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I know! Its pretty groovy so far! One of the best starts we've had in years!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep, and it's getting coherenter! [Smile]

BTW, Eryk, was the title "Is Abin OK?" supposed to have the double meaning when you created it? [Hmmm?]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yep! Eventually there'll be a scene where the double meaning causes all sorts of Abbot-and-Costello-esque confusion!

The title originates with a post by Actor Lad in the mods forum. Noticing the double meaning, I responded with a joke about an unreavealed tale featuring Turns-You-Into-a-State Kid, and the idea for the tag team was born!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I even thought of a cool twist further tying it all together! But I'll keep that on the downlow to discourage editorializing for now.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
We may need some editorializing Cobie, the time line split was all I could come up with after I realized that Far and I had posted wildly differing versions of the same scene (Lardy, both EDE's, and Pagan Lass leaving the cell after Lardy agreed to wear clothing for now, anyway).

We also have two different versions of the JSMBP appearing because I couldn't resist using Cloned Green Pig again... so I guess what I'm saying is... HELP!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Honestly, Chuck, I don't think those two posts threw things all that far off. In a way, I thought they both kind of fit.

The larger problem currently appears to be a lack of interest by the scribes involved. For me, it comes down to all the real-life holiday madness! Maybe we can agree to revisit this after the holidays and complete it? It would be a shame to have such a rip-roaring adventure fade out with no ending, I say!

So maybe we can resume after New Year's, perhaps with a patented EDE recap (hint-hint)? What say you all?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully we can keep this one going because I have a fun idea to tie my entire 32nd Century adventure into the stories of the modern era and one or two other earlier scenes!

But I can't post after myself--that's the equivalent of incest in tag team posting...frowned on by almost every culture in the galaxy!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Hi, I'm new here, so, I thought I would post this in this topic instead of making a new one. It's an Matter-Eater Lad fic, cartoonwise, and it uses that Vital Information sketch from All That. Something that was a spur of the moment thing, but turned into something ongoing. Enjoy. Honest criticism appreciated.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4622419/1/Vital_Information_For_Your_Everyday_Life

Hi! Thanks for contributing! I'm going to consolidate all of your topics into one. Both for an easier reading experience and to perhaps facilitate more discussions.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I was wondering how that happened. Thanks!

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.