Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 46)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I dont think the issue would be Cobie thinking he's right, or whether the Founders are "in the know" but rather the point you hit on when you said "They might take issue with Cobie and Lardy potentially bringing trouble to LW."

There is no doubt that Cobie has kicked a hornet's nest. And there's also no doubt that his actions are going to cause the deaths of millions of sentients.

How do the Founders react? Are they all of one mind supporting Cobie, Lardy, and the LMP's actions or is there a disagreement among them?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This should prove pretty interesting. [Big Grin]

(And to be discussed and planned in secret [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

Check your PM's

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Back atcha. [Wink]

Loving it.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have thought about what my main influences are:

1) History, simply because it is my Major. Nasger, where Sebastian comes, and it's neighbor Raltvee is rooted in the Renaissence.
2) Science and Science-Fiction, mostly because of Emily's family and background. Sebastian's also skilled at computers.
3) Religion,I do draw a bit from theology. One of Sebastian's friends back home is possessed by a demon (nobody thinks Miguel is because he's become super-religious). I really like Paradise Lost, Faust, and of course C.S Lewis.
4) Other Literature- Don Quixote, Shakespeare, I guess anything rooted in the Renaissence. And of course Ayn Rand and other philosophers appear here and there.

What do you think your influences are?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
That's a really interesting question, Em.

Personally, I don't really write enough to say that I have any overwhelming influences but there are a few things that I like to read or watch that have their hooks into my current story (and the style I've used in roleplays).

The most overwhelming one on my Mobius story is obviously the TV show, "LOST". You know, a non-linear story about a bunch of scientists doing secret time-travel stuff in a place hidden from the outside world. The characters themselves, though, are all based (at least, physically and name-wise) on a classic group of comedians called the "Dead End Kids". I tried to imagine what "Ex" would look like grown up and I came up with the "leader"of the kids, Leo Gorcey. All the other guys - Huntz Hall, Jordan, Halop, Dell, and Punsley - were named after the other kids. Amelita Ward was Gorcey's real-life wife for a time.

From a narrative standpoint, though, it uses two things I've always loved - non-linear story telling and the repetition of symbols (both objects and dialog). Examples that I've liked that jump out at me are things like the films of Tarantino and Aronofsky (especially in "The Fountain"); comics like Watchmen or the Invisibles; and authors like Faulkner, Vonnegut, and the best example that I can think of, and the one that probably influenced me the most, Joseph Heller's "Catch 22".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish to thank Faraway Lad for his contributions in the creation of the Eraser. He's slowly evolving into a three-dimensional villain, and I could never have gotten this far without your help.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

EX, I have a one word discription for Mobius, Brilliant.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Shucks, Abin. [Embarrassed]

Seriously, though... thanks so much; I had severe misgivings that anybody else would like it because it's sort of "insular". Just one more chapter to go... then I can start getting into the Dark Oval stuff. [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Xcellent ending to Mobius! Great storytelling!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I need to reread the whole thing in one sitting...and get a full understanding of it as a whole.

Great stuff, and a great ending. Love each post beginnings as well. [Wink] Nice Touch.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer Lass
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
The identity of the Lord of the Oval, and some specifics of Lardy's quest are revealed!
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice post...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hopefully, worth the wait! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucifer Lass
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucifer Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
It took about a week longer than I originally planned, but there was a lot of working out details of mythology that went into it!
Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.