Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 57)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Em, I've got a long term story for the Khanate on (my creation) so I'd just ask you don't get too detailed with it. I've established an immense amount of detail on it over several stories and need to have it where I need it for my plan. 

Really curious about your Harry Potter story! 

Ex, I echo Lardy's comment on your wonderful (continued) tribute to the PCG. Like everyone else I'm LOVING The Long Klorndy.

I agree with two statements too: first, this is one of the most creative times ever in LW / Bits history! And second, LotO is the most exciting, rewarding and best thing we've ever done in LMB history! Lardy and I message each other like every two weeks (for the last year) saying that. The LMB feels more exciting right now to me than it ever has.

Post LotO, I can't wait for what's next. We all have big plans, some individual and some we're all brainstorming (incl two that Ex has!). I also want us to do another role play.

Ps - over on 21CL, we're wrapping up a MAJOR story too! And it's where you can find Reboot's writing which is fantastic--he writes the best Spark and the best Luornu EVER. 

Pps - there are a bunch of stories I haven't read (as I lean more towards Lardy's tastes ) but eventually I hope to check them out.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Ps - over on 21CL, we're wrapping up a MAJOR story too! And it's where you can find Reboot's writing which is fantastic--he writes the best Spark and the best Luornu EVER. 

And the best Gear, Surge and Dani Moonstar (both from X-Men), Shikari and Gates!

quote:
I also want us to do another role play.

Maybe the LW Establishments Directory I made will help with that. I've been trying to compile all the threads which represent a shop or establishment or someone's room/home.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
[QB] Hey Em, I've got a long term story for the Khanate on (my creation) so I'd just ask you don't get too detailed with it. I've established an immense amount of detail on it over several stories and need to have it where I need it for my plan.

I have no plans to write about them. I meant that if others wanted to write about them, I am currently researching the real Mongols for college. I'm reading books that have information about their laws, religion, and such that could help someone writing about a planetary empire based on them (if it actually is based on them). I'm not a very creative person, so most of the places I create are based on real countries/cultures.

quote:
Really curious about your Harry Potter story!
Yes, keep your eyes open because it may pop-up in the 'Raltvee' thread. By the way, Invisible Brainiac, the thread is in this section and feel free to post.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex,

Art would love what you are doing for the PCG.

Just as we all do.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks for the headsup Emily, posted!

And I believe creativity isn't all about creating something new - it can be taking something existing and putting a different spin on it.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding the epilogues for LotO. I'm thinking we should do it just like LotR: no epilogues, per se, until the very end.

Instead, several chapters that showcase the entire journey home, from the Dark Realm, through the Oval, to Weber's World and eventually Legion World. There won't be any Scouring of the Shire piece, but each step of the way can show more and more members of the large group splitting off to go home.

We can talk more about it in our secret editorial discussions!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

^ I'm all for that. It'd be great to show the whole ENORMOUS group all together for a bit, and allow them to bask in the victory for a while.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah. That will be interesting.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
YEP!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
The Harry Potter parody is currently in the brain-storming phase. I appreciate everyone's help and cooperation so far. However, there is three issues that I would like opinions on before I start writing:

1. Age
The characters in Harry Potter are usually sorted at age 11 and mostly interact with kids a little younger or a little older than them. I was thinking of having the characters be different years, but if you think it would be easier for us to all be the same year that would be fine.

2. Culture and Nationality
The Harry Potter series takes place in Great Britain. I believe I have a good knowledge of Great Britain's geography and history, but won't pretend to be an expert in culture. I won't attempt to write their accents. However, if a person from Great Britain would like to help please let me know. If anyone here does not want their character to be from the British Isles, please let me know.

3. Magical Racism
Should I include the blood statuses and the way people feel about them in this parody? I know it is a delicate subject, but it is very important in the books.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Hi Emily, is your Harry Potter parody meant to be a solo story or a group thing?

Re age - I'm good with everyone being at the same age. I think it would make things easier.

Re magical racism - it would be a good element to keep, but would it be in use among the player characters? That is, would we have to identify which of our characters are "half-blood", "pureblood" and so on in the context of the Harry Potter world?

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I am not totally sure if I want this to be a solo or group project yet. I am beginning to develop a vision in my mind and might start rough-drafting next week. I am still trying to work out which Houses characters should go into, and if I should really sort Sebastian into Slytherin because I am having second thoughts. Should we be first-years?

I want to set up the story so that we are in the the same year as Ted Lupin, so the race factor would be less important than in Harry Potter's days. We would not have to identify our characters blood in the context of Harry Potter, because I suspect we will be parodying the first book/movie or the best bits of the entire series. Should all the characters be aware it is not their universe?

[ July 26, 2012, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Hi Emily,

One advantage of being first-years is you can start the characters "fresh" so to speak. They'll be encountering the other students, faculty etc. for the first time too.

Ooh, Ted Lupin. So it's the next generation, so to speak. That will eliminate the blood factor, unless you have some characters who are old-fashioned and still clinging to their blood purity beliefs.

--------------------

Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
Aw hon you're so naughty! But I like the added "fun" in the story. [Wink]
From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

You mean the Dark Oval? [Razz] Aw, thanks hon. But hey, you're the one who reviewed and told me to post it! I was gonna keep it between you and me [Wink]

--------------------

This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.