Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 58)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
That would deprive the LWers of a good story that's why I told you to post. I'm sure they enjoyed reading it as much as I did. [Big Grin]
From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
You're making me blush [Smile] Thank you! I had fun writing it, especially cause you're in it.

(hey, we'd better stop this or people will think you're just my alt id!)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
A scene left on the cutting room floor from a fanfic I'll probably never finish;

"What about the Terror Twins?" Mai Li asked, running down the list of Winathian extra-legals who might contribute to their enterprise.

"Even by Legion of Super-Villain standards, they were considered too unstable and unreliable." Mekt said with a grunt, recalling some of the people that the LSV didn't think 'too unstable.'

"Well, yeah, the rest of the UP thinks you're crazy," Mai Li says with a rueful grin, before she thinks better of it.

The room grows quiet as she feels the small hairs rise on her arms with the sudden increase in static electricity. She is afraid to look at Mekt, to gauge his reaction, regretting her overly familiar tone. This was no simple man, to joke with, but an unpredictable elemental force of nature, capable of leveling a city, or killing one incautious girl, if his temper is roused.

As quickly as it rose, the static levels descend, and she can feel the energy dissipating away, as if a storm had come into being, and passed, without wind or rain or any other visible sign of its presence.

Mekt emits a strange sort of half-laugh, breaking the tension. "The United Planets thinks I'm crazy? The United Planets can bite me."

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Wow, Set... That's one heck of a teaser! I like it!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My Whee Fem
Plucky Girl Sidekick!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Whee Fem   Email My Whee Fem         Edit/Delete Post     
Exnihil, you cutie, you better not leave me hanging...

--------------------
No, I was Never a Bond Girl...

From: Security Office Lobby | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Nag, nag, nag... just like a dame, am I right, fell...AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I was just kidding, My!

Put down that sword!

Whew... that was close.

So yeah, apologies, I'm been going through some real-life stuff for a couple months that has kept me out of the creative mood, but give me another week or so and I think we'll be getting back in that Klordny saddle.

Heh.

Yeah, we will... high five, fella....AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK, for anybody that noticed "The Long Klordny" bumped up, just a note:

Since it's been a while, I figured I should have a clean break point to start in again. I decided to pull the last couple of posts (the beginning of Part II) just to slightly rework them before continuing on. More to follow very soon.

PS: Killer stuff in LotO!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the interactions between Exnihil and Emily. We should really write something together involving this giant love dodecahedron we are creating in our stories.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thank you, Ex [Big Grin]

I read through your summary. Whoa that is some good stuff... I'll be reading in full your actual posts soon, I hope!

--------------------

Exnihil

Thanks, Ibby. That exercise was as much for myself as for any potentials readers - to get myself back in the swing after a couple months of not writing much. Hope you dig the real story. I'm having a blast with it.

And Em, yeah - the Ex and Emily scenes are some of my absolute favorite bits to write. I love the dynamic between the full of himself Ex and the uber-serious Emily who just continually calls him out on his BS. I don't think the two would ever really get together romantically, but yeah, there is definitely a sort of tension there.

If anything, it reminds me a lot of the Bruce Willis/Cybill Shephard dynamic from the early part of Moonlighting.

In a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Xeh1zDgLU

In fact... I think at some point, I need to totally rip off that exact scene. [Wink]

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Tempus Fugitive is a clever play on words, Harby, love it!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Set, it made me laugh when I thought of it. It's going to be different to everything that's gone before in the Dream Boy series so let me know if you are enjoying it.

And more importantly, are you going to post some more of your fabulous writing soon?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Miss Harbi I'm like loving your Dreamy Boy stories.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks sweetheart, more Dreamy Boyo coming soon, hope you enjoy it.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Yah, I am really getting into the Dream Boy stories as well! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  55  56  57  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.