Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
On Headlining threads in the Bits forum:

This is a general question for everyone who contributes to the Bits forum through writing or art. Recently, I've considered 'de'-headlining the two tag threads, although I'm not sure what everyone else thinks (I did de-headline them, and someone 're'headlined them, although they probably didn't know I did it on purpose).

The main reason is that I remember when the MMB's had four headlined threads and some people didn't like it that other threads were too easily pushed off page one. I know that there are times when the Bits forum doesn't get much traffic, and then there are times when this place has been exploding with creativity, like recently. Is four headlined threads too much, is it cramping the top of the page?

Your feedback is appreciated [Smile] ! If no one cares either way, I'll just leave it as is.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
As a general rule, I don't care for headlined threads but there are exceptions. In any case, I don't really mind the headlined threads here. Whatever works, Cobie, to keep this forum's activity up!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd say throw them all to the wolves and may the strongest rise to the top - not that it's a problem either way.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in agreement with FC...

Also have to say that Cobie writes FANTASTIC stories - I am totally enjoying his Price of Security...

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, the Price of Security is finished, although the story is not! This wraps up Part I of the story, and the whole "Price of Security" aspect of it, although that theme will remain ever-present for the duration of the story!

Thanks to everyone who has read it so far, and everyone who plans to! It is by far the piece of writing that I am most proud of, and I can't wait to get to part II, the conclusion.

It will be titled "Journies and Destinies", and I should get to it relatively soon (at the same pace I've been writing this one). The last few 'chapters' of 'Security' were setting up this journey anyway, so the continuation will be quick and easy. I just felt this was a good transition of the story!

Hope you all like it [Smile]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Is it just me, or has this place been kicking ass lately? [Smile] !

Stories by Lash, Lardy, Cru, and promises from Bevis and EDE!

Plus Harbinger, Star Boy, Danny and EDE's own stories being amazing!

Monkey-Eater's ultra-cool photo manips!

The tag story is fun (although slowing down) and Numf posted somemore fun bits!

And it's only a matter of time before Chuck posts something that makes me embarrass myself at work when I laugh out loud! Not to mention the long-overdue return of IB to the tag threads!

And you all know how I love those continuity threads [Wink] !

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

*side note*- I'm going to de-headline the two tag threads as well. Neither is getting much action right now, and I think it's a good idea. There is so much traffic here right now, that'd I'd feel bad if someone's thread is pushed to page two b/c there's four headlined threads.

Plus, maybe this will give people some incentive to post in the threads--since if they don't, they'll be on page two! That'll teach you [Wink] !

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys sure have been busy while I've been away!

I think all your stories and art are great. I'm certainly enjoying them all.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
But they are hard pressed to match your stellar wackiness IB while Numf is offshore.... Welcome back!
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I noticed your name on a few threads IB, it's good to have you back.

You have been missed [Hug]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
This is just a Milestone Whore Post. [LOL]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! All this rampant creativity is exhilirating!

Des, I just read what you've written so far in your sequel to "Price". Excellent---love the elements inspired by "Lord of the Rings" and Alan Moore's "Swamp Thing" with just a smidge of "Harry Potter" thrown in for flavoring!

This is not to say that it's all just a big copycat/hodgepodge thing...obviously, we are all inspired by things we've enjoyed. No, I think it's fun to see you using, reinterpreting or just riffing on those elements in your story. I do it all the time ("Lard Knight" and "Lard Force" anyone?)! It's a lot of fun to see our heroes in more of a fantasy scenario.

I look forward to see how it turns out, Des!

P.S. One thing I forgot to praise you about "Price", specifically, was the Forsaken Bard! Shiver me timbers! Very creepy, but very, VERY cool! Too bad his/its story's over....(hint, hint)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Too bad indeed [Wink] .

The Forsaken Bard was a concept I came up with entirely on my own, and I really got into it! It has been my favorite monster/villian to write so far (although the two new ones in my newest have some good plans).

I'm glad you liked the Swamp Thing/LoTR little bits, both done very much on purpose, with a touch of my own flavor and the LMB. And Stu as an owl is a combination of Harry Potter/Books of Magic--I just can't help but see a young wizard with his own owl [Smile] . I figured I'd get all these little tributes done right away before getting into my own stuff, and it'd be a nice way to start the story!

I'm glad you're enjoying it Lardy!

BTW, I am loving your story too so far! Glad to see Darden and myself as the beginning narrators, and that Lardy's story is starting so early on! Mordra sounds very interesting, but the story of LeeLee caught me totally by surprise and sucked me right in! I can't wait to see how this develops!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, my new story jumps from the present to the past (though technically it never leaves the present), and from omniscient narrator to first person narrator in the form of Cobalt Kid.

I thought it was necessary to show exactly what happened in the past that was so bad. Rather then tell it exactly as it happened (with dialogue and omniscient narration), I chose to have Cobalt tell it to Faraway as they converse in Cafe Cramer. I thought about including Faraway's voice interjecting with questions and comments as he heard Leelee's story; but the concept was that Cobalt had Faraway's's rapt attention, and Faraway had no desire to interrupt, so deep was his interest.

The next chapter will continue Cobalt's telling of the backstory in the same style. The chapter after that will switch back to omniscient narration (with dialogue, etc.) and it will likely stay that way the rest of the story, unless I change my mind.

I hope that the choice was not confusing to anyone. It just worked best in my mind.

Oh, and I wonder if you've got the rest of the "past" part of the story figured out. There have certainly been enough clues. In any case the next chapter will clarify the story of the LMBP traitor.....

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

And I'm eagerly awaiting it! I think I have the basic premise figured out, although I won't be surprised if I'm a bit off!

And I know I love the choice of using Cobalt and Far!

I'm just so happy to see so much activity here in the Bits forum, especially the 'LMB Universe' activity! All art and stories are welcome!

I'm also glad that the tag thread has gotten a quick resurgence, thanks to mainly EDE, since it seemed that it was quickly fading away. Hear's to hoping it keeps going!

This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.