Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Saturn Girl by Mike Grell, on eBay

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saturn Girl by Mike Grell, on eBay
eBay Boy
unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
This is being auctioned by Kim Metzger. His notes are below, and they really surprised me about his connection to the costume! I recall the changeover to that costume in the early to mid 70's, and it was one of my all-time favorites also. I don't recall reading anything about who designed the costume, but maybe there was a design contest back then sort of like they had for Supergirl.

Steve Z (eBay Boy)

From Kim: This is a beautiful 11x14 pencil sketch of Saturn Girl of the LEGION OF SUPER HEROES, drawn by Mike Grell, who got his start with the Legion.
In this picture, Saturn Girl is in the cutaway outfit she wore throughout the 1970s, a costume I'm very fond of, especially since I'm the one who DESIGNED it!

-

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.