Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any artists here want to get together for gallery showings of our art? Back on an X-Men board I used to frequent, we'd get together once every 1-2 months and pick a character that we wanted to be the the gallery subject. The character (or two) with the most votes became the gallery subjects and everyone would create and post a drawing, photomanipulation, painting, poem, short story, etc. featuring the subject. Any interest here? [Yes]

Thanks, MEL!

Sketch Lad here.... this directory was updated on 05/03/10.

The Version 3 Directory

The Jan Arrah Era
Legion of Light
Spiffany and the Bizarro, Vertigo & Carggite Legions
Kissandra and the Super Companions
Japanese Mecha Legion

The Annex Directory

Masks/Fathers

Dance/Different Body Types
Zombies/Chameleon
Dox Legacy/Crack Pairings
It Must Have Been Something I Ate

The Main Directory

Amalgam

Phantom Girl and the Espionage Squad

Composite May

Legions of Legions

Movie Legion/Star Boy

Black History Month

Ayla Ranzz

Legion Ninjas and Pirates!
Legion of America
October Spawned a Monster
The Reject Room
TOONVERSE
The Children of the Legion Collection
The LoSH/JLA/JSA Team Up Terrace
The Mythic Menagerie
The Versus Vestibule
The Emerald Exhibit

Mon-El's Zone
Cockrum Hall
Holiday Hall of Art
Legion on the Run Wing
A 70s Legion Retrospective
The Servants of Darkness Exhibition
The Shrinking Violet and Atom Girl Gallery
30th Century Magic & Fantasy Exhibition
Wings of Wildfire
Legion of Supporting Characters Wing
The Selected Works of Sun Boy
The Golden Age Legion Gallery
The LSH + LMB Collection
The Power Team Up Exhibit
The Persuader Gallery
Andromeda & Shadow Lass/Umbra: A Retrospective
The ProFem/ProDude ProWing
The Back To School Collection
The Swimsuit Collection
The Royal Wing of Princess Projectra
The L Word Wing (Leeta 87 & The Lallorians)
The Hate Face / Love Karate Kid Wing
The Gallery of the Legion of Super-Villains
The Chemical King and White Witch Wing
Cupid's Wing - The Couples Gallery
The WaK Wing - On Deck Circle
The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
The Halloween Gallery
The Gim Gallery
The Substitute-Heroes Collection
The Founders' Wing
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luornu Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

[ May 03, 2010, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll try writing a short story inspired by whatever character we decide on ME Lad, I think this is a brilliant idea!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm for this. Sounds good. I'll even try to contribute.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
anybody want to write songs [Razz] ? Haikus would be cool too...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I might contribute, as well [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll write a little ditty [Smile]

I like this idea!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone want to suggest a subject matter/ person to begin with and a date for work to be exhibited?

MELad, as you came up with this idea I propose you start the ball rolling.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
This sounds like a great idea! Don't know that I can contribute anything of value (though I'll try!) but I sure would love to see the talent here displayed in concert.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Alright, thanks Harbinger. Hmmm...who could we start with??? How should we do the vote? Post informally in this column? Maybe everybody choses three so we hopefully can get a true winner? Can non-participants vote?
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Sure, I'd be up for this. I don't know how they did it on that X-baord, but I guess monthly would be cool. I think that the nominations should be open to everyone, not just contributors. There's also a question of how much time to leave for voting and how much time to leave for people to do stuff before moving on the the next. (I suppose the next round of nominations would run concurrently as the time left open for creators to post stuff -- that way, there won't be any in-between time.)

Maybe for the first round (just to get things rolling), we can do two weeks of voting, then two weeks of creating while the next round of votes takes place then after that go monthly?

Oh, and to keep to the idea of a gallery, maybe we can have an "opening" -- a specific day for creators to all post stuff at once after the time period for working is over (although latecomers will still be welcome).

[ February 27, 2004, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Sounds good DrakeB3003, sound okay with everyone else? As for my votes, I've been meaning to do something with Timberwolf for a while, so I guess he gets one of my votes. Here's my choices:
Timberwolf
Levithan/Colossal Boy
Polar Boy

LegionFan223
Wearer of the Crown

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LegionFan223   Email LegionFan223         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for

1. Princess Projectra
2. Timber Wolf
3. Invisible Kid

I love this idea, but I am not creative. Thanks for opening the voting to non-contributers. I LOVE this board!!!

[ February 28, 2004, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: LegionFan223 ]

--------------------
I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.

From: Orando | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm also not very creative but I would love to see Duo Damsel!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll contribute somehow.

My votes are:

Triad

Infectious Lass

Matter-Eater Lad

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
I've no artistic skills but I'm told my writing's okay. I can't promise a story but I'm sure I can at least find an appropriate song.

Since I'm the newbie, I'll let the rest of you decide who we're going to feature.

If you want to see some of my words, check out the Legionnaire Heroes topic.

If you want to see a lot of my words, check out my Yahoo Group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HyperionRanch/

Erotic M/M stories with an emphasis on B&D. Meet your favorite characters from Pine Valley, the 30th Century, Middle Earth, West Hollywood, Graymarye, Amazona, and Major League Soccer at Hyperion Ranch!

My stuff gets pretty raunchy sometimes but I try to keep a sense of humor and all my stories have happy endings.

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.