Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go Mano too! We can always get Brin or Luornu next month! Mano stills needs validation for the Empress forming a new Fatal Five during Levitz's run and purposely excluding hiim.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't want Brin to feel left out so I'll vote TWolf...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Although I really like Brin I'm intrigued by Mano so he gets my vote this round.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow -- I'm surprised by the Mano turnout -- I suggested him cuz he's been one of my fav villains who hasn't had that much credibility but with this support, I'll have to go with Mano as well!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Unless a barrage of Brin backers brings more ballyhoo, I think Mano wins this vote HANDS down [Razz]

So how long do we set for the creation process? I'd say minimum two weeks but longer if y'all think that'd be good.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
Mano's okay in my book.

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Here's an idea to keep things simple -- what if the big gallery openings where we post all our work happens the first of the month? Latecomers can still post stuff afterwards during the next round of voting.

Either way, I'll go by whatever date you pick M-E Lad.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

I like it, Drake3003! April 1st (no joke!) for the grand opening of the Mano Wing of the Museum of Legion Arts (MLA).
Event: Mano: The Hand, the Myth, the Legend. The Mano Wing Grand Opening, MLA.
Time: All day, April 1st, 3003.
Refreshments: Mano Martinis, Mano Malted Beers, Fatal Five Fried Chicken, Mano mango salad, Mano manwichs, hand-decorated desserts, and other finger foods will be served.
Description: You and a guest are cordially invited to attend the grand opening of the Mano Wing of the Museum of Legion of Arts. Legion World's finest artists, writers, and other creative beings will contribute some of their finest work based on famously flawed fellow of the Fatal Five!

DrakeB3004

Very cool! I'll get right to my Mano submission for the inaugural gallery exhibit. So, I guess we need a new round of nominations while the Mano stuff is being worked on with a runoff culminating in the announcement of the next winner at the beginnning of next month? How does that sound?
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Good!

I'm working on my Mano pic too! And I vote for runner-up Timber Wolf as our next victim!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for Kinetix, just because. [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I plan on writing a small story about Mano for the opening, but need as much info as I can get on him - does anyone have a file on him (apart from the Science Police and quite a few debt collection agencies [Smile] ) they could share?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the Who's Who page that'll eventually show up in the Encyclopedia. Sorry it's not big on details and that it's pre-boot. I'll try to dredge up details on the deeper, more complex post-boot version as well -

-

PERSONAL DATA

Alter Ego: Unknown
Marital Status: Single
Know Relatives: None
Group Affiliation: The Fatal Five
Base of Operations: Mobile
First Appearance: ADVENTURE COMICS #352
Height: 5’11” Weight: 140 lbs.
Eyes: Unknown Hair: Unknown

HISTORY

Mano was born on the extremely polluted world Angtu in the latter half of the 30th Century. A mutant with a glowing disk on his right hand that could disintegrate virtually anything, Mano became psychotic and eventually used his power to destroy his own world.
Joining a group of the galaxy’s worst villains summoned by the Legion of Super-Heroes (see LSH) to defeat the menacing Sun-Eater, he became a charter member of the Fatal Five (see Fatal Five).

POWERS & WEAPONS

Mano has a glowing disk on his right hand that can disintegrate virtually any form of matter. He is a dangerous physical combatant as well. Art by Jim Starlin

[ March 14, 2004, 08:12 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Gary, many thanks for this, it gives the info I need for the story I have in mind.

Bx

--------------------

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Hmm...I'm trying to think of when Mano made appearances post boot? Didn't he come early early on in Legionnaires? Lemme see...how about this?
 -

As for next votes, I vote Timberwolf too.

This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.