Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Heh heh, I actually finished my Mano manip last night and want to share it already too. Hmm...how about, if you answer this New Zealand related trivia question, you get to post your pic early? Name 6 hobbits from LotR (filmed in New Zealand)! "Peter Jackson" does not count.

D'oh I forgot to add, this is NOT an open note test. You have to answer based on your own knowledge [Razz]

[ March 30, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I'm going to let the side down so thought it best to admit to it now - I haven't done my Mano homework and doubt I'll have time to complete it in time so could I ask for an extention please?

Pleeease?

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
That's a good idea Gary, I think maybe one gallery thread for each character?

The only thing about that is that old galleries will fall by the wayside. If we keep it to one thread, but change the name each time then all the gallery entries will remain available, not just the current ones.

Well, it's up to you, M-E Lad. I look forward to seeing what y'all have been working on [Smile]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe we could have a pre-opening screening for "Friends of Legion World Museum" members only? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sure that's fine too. I'm not sure how to change a thread title...is it difficult?

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3003:
quote:
That's a good idea Gary, I think maybe one gallery thread for each character?

The only thing about that is that old galleries will fall by the wayside. If we keep it to one thread, but change the name each time then all the gallery entries will remain available, not just the current ones.

Well, it's up to you, M-E Lad. I look forward to seeing what y'all have been working on [Smile]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Oh I forgot, when's the voting cut off for the subject of the next wing of the MLA?
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Just a thought, but if we do a different thread for each gallery, wouldn't that make it easier for someone to add a new piece to it? For instance, if someone missed the Mano Gallery opening, they could always add something to it a month or two later without interrupting the current gallery project.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

No problemo. The Mano gallery will continue to accept submissions after the April 1st opening (apparently before the April 1st opening as well [Razz] )

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
I know I'm going to let the side down so thought it best to admit to it now - I haven't done my Mano homework and doubt I'll have time to complete it in time so could I ask for an extention please?

Pleeease?

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

That's a good point Cru. I guess if we're worried about the other galleries being lost with the multiple galleries idea, we could always include links to the older gallery in the beginning of the new gallery and even bump the old ones up to the top in anticipation of the new openings.
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Sure that's fine too. I'm not sure how to change a thread title...is it difficult?

You can edit and change the title of a thread that you've made by using this:  - link above your very first post. FYI.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Dirgible Dictator!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I think that when it seems like the Mano gallery gets filled (not counting late comers), we should announce the next subject for May 1 -- how are the votes? Is there a winner or will we need a runoff?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

4 Timberwolf
2 Luornu (Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Triad/etc.)
Dirgible Dictator
Kinetix
Starboy

Here's the vote break down. Unless anyone has any last minute votes I think we can give Brin the win for the May 1st (or April 30th [Wink] ) gallery. What do y'all think?

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds good! (Of course, I voted for Timber Wolf [Wink] )
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Mmmkay then its official, Timberwolf is the next subject of the MLA Gallery Exhibition series! May 1st deadline okay? Or maybe since April 30th is a Friday we can have that be the unveiling? Thoughts? Feelings? Voices in your head?
  This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.