Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread (Page 61)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts Discussion Thread
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh of course, I won't let it hinder me.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Meanwhile, I had the thought of there being 3 themes for March 2010, since it's the 3rd month of the year. How's that sound?

Sounds like one of them *has* to be Luornu Durgo related. How about 'Legionnaire Third I.D.s'? Lelith, for Lu... Legionnaire Lemon, Prince Proector, Saturn Boy, etc.
From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote Lester Spiffany, along with his sister Tiffany!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Tiffany Biffany Spiffany Boo.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and I suggest... Bizarro Legion!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Don't you mean "Me no am suggest no Bizarro Legion?"

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I hit the wrong button!
Drat!
Start again.
And I was so clever before!
sigh

1. Spiffany and family works for me (counted already)
2. Carggites
3. Bizzaros.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay Patrons of Museum of Legion Arts... I think I've got it, based on the last batch of posts....

The exhibit for March 2010 shall be --

Spiffany & The Vertigo, Carggite and Bizarro Legions!

Get your submissions started!
(This ought to be pretty dang good....)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Could someone please post some ideas about what a Vertigo Legion would be? I can handle the Spiffany's, and the Bizarros.

As for the Carggite theme, I'm thinking it's sort of like, "What would it be like if all the Legionnaires had 3 selves?"

Does that make sense?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Vertigo = Dream Girl/Sandman, White Witch and Mordru and the Books of Magic, the upcoming Doom Patrol/Legion issue of Brave and the Bold, Death hanging out with the Legionnaires who've died, Life Lass and Quislet hanging out with Brother Power the Geek, etc...

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Great Space! I may have to to a "best of Lester" run of excerpts from MEL:TS!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, LLASH.
That's the kind of thing I was thinking about when I suggested Spiffany.
Sketch has a bunch of stuff from his holos for Spiff, too.

Something a little easier on you guys.
Although with 3 or 4 topics the 'easier' part might have gone by the wayside!
[shrug]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I'm quite looking forward to what you come up with, Candle, for the next exhibit. Lot's of fun casting for you to play with.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thanks!
[Hug]
I'm switching computers soon, I think, but I should still have some time before March to do some research!

--------------------

Come, join me!

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Vertigo = Dream Girl/Sandman,

On the one side, I see Dream Girl as the new personification of Dream, chatting in a surreal dreamscape with the waifish goth Death.

On the other side, I see Dream Girl in a dark alley, wearing a trenchcoat and gas mask (and yet somehow still looking fabulous, with silver hair trailing down), using a combination of a sleep-gas-gun and a karate kick to beat up some fifth column nazi spies!

Other vertigo-esque concepts;
Chlorophyll Kid as the new plant elemental, communing with the parliament of Trees, including the Swamp Thing we all remember as the past plant elemental.

Perhaps even a 31st century meeting of elemental spirits, including Chlorophyll Kid, representing the Green, Chameleon Boy, representing the Red (animal kingdom), Sun Boy representing Fire, Lamprey representing Water, Blok representing Earth/Stone and Brainiac Five representing the newest 'elemental' of 'the Grey,' (Technology). Then again, perhaps the Teachers on Sorcerer's World represent the new Elementals (since there seemed to be teachers representing fire, water, air and plant)...

Tinya Wazzo, latest agent from the Metaverse, drawn using her powers similar to previous agent, Shade, the Changing Man.

The White Witch, in the role of the Phantom Stranger, mysterious advisor-to-heroes who brings portents and transports heroes around, but no longer takes an active role in the fray.

And then there's the really funky stuff.

Which Legionnaire (or Legionverse regular) works best in a Constantine role? Perhaps thought-to-be-dead Lyle Norg, manipulating things behind the scenes?

Or would best fit behind the mask of Guy Faulkes in a United Planets-turned-Orwellian-nightmare (in other words, which Legionnaire would best become V for Vendetta, in the 31st century)? Perhaps Jo, on a Rimbor-gone-jackboot? Perhaps different Legionnaires, wearing the mask on different worlds, each fighting the same personal fight to free their homeworlds from oppression, using an ancient earth mask as a symbol (and, if they fall, having the mask taken up by others, creating the illusion that 'you can't kill the truth?', perhaps having Rokk fall in the fight, to have Pol, who has spent the entire series criticizing his brother's politics, quietly taking up the mask and continuing the fight he claimed not to believe in, now that the brutality of the ruling regime has struck home?).

[ February 25, 2010, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 64 pages: 1  2  3  ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.