Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Mano Wing (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Mano Wing
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Final preparations are underway for the grand opening of the Mano Wing of the Museum of Legion Arts (MLA).

When it turns April 1st in your time zone of Legion World, feel free to post your Mano masterpiece!

Please check back here all day April 1st as artists from all different disciplines add their contributions to this thread.

Please refer to this thread for more information.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Some of the posts are reading 1st April, though I know it to be the 31st March. Don't tell me - the clock didn't remember that it's a leap year and missed out the 29th of Feb?
So, since it's officially 1st of April on Legionworld, is it okay for everyone to post?

Numf

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Since it's April 1st somewhere...

Click for fullsize image

Pre-Boot and Post-Boot in a game of mercy! [Mano]

[ March 31, 2004, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
mano-a-mano indeed! Kewl picture there Gary, good concept....

and Numf you are a bad influence... well done you! [Big Grin]

[ March 31, 2004, 04:52 AM: Message edited by: Sonnie Bloke ]

From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Keith!

Hopefully, you have a contribution for us!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if people are going to start posting early, then I suppose I might as well too [Wink]

Click for fullsize image

[Smile] Click on the pick to view larger image [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh! Way Cool, Cru!  -

It's very 3D! Nice!

minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
My contribution to the Mano wing. Hey it's art, I had to paint it, and when paint is involved its art. [Big Grin]

Mano Custom Figure

[ October 23, 2007, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Don't knock it, minesurfer! That is a piece of art! Nicely done! [Smile]
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
MANO MEETS ARKHAM ASYLUM!

-

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Very cool contributions so far! A nice variety of creative types. Looking forward to seeing more art and stories!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well it IS April 1st (in the future) so I guess that's cool:
 -
I believe the subtitle of this gallery wing should be "Talk To the Hand Cause the Mano Don't Wanna Hear It!"

[ September 17, 2006, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Oh and just so we don't have an all-art not writing exhibit, here's a Mano haiku:
Mano sadly looks
Hand destructively burning
As he picks his nose

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Its awesome to see all your different styles! Rokk on!
Spellbinder
Founder

Very cool manip, M-E Lad! I have a great deal of respect for you photo manipulators. I've tried it in the past, and it just looks like I used magic markers to draw in a new set of clothes on someone... very fake looking. My hat's off to those of you that can make it look so natural [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.