Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Roll Call - 21st Century Legion (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Roll Call - 21st Century Legion
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, minus points for my reading comprehension, re the Quislet codename. Didn't catch that at all! Sorry and thanks.

Thanks for the link, I'll read up on Wildfire. Doesn't really feel like the Legion without him.

Let's see... as for other faves, I know Cobie is using Jeckie and Tasmia... we already have Rokk AND Pol, so probably won't bring in Magno... I think that's it, Drura and Drake for now. I just kind of want to bring them in so that they're on hand for our future "Big Event" [Wink]

Funnily enough, I think Mon-el and Ferro are pretty much the only Adventure Era Legionnaires who haven't appeared in 21st Century Legion at all, if I remember right.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Let's see... as for other faves, I know Cobie is using Jeckie and Tasmia... we already have Rokk AND Pol, so probably won't bring in Magno...

Well, using both Garth AND Ayla/Ella didn't stop me bringing in Surge! [Although me & Cobalt did change Lamprey's powers from electricity to light, ala Superboy's Legion Ayla, to stop it getting ridiculous [Smile] ]

quote:
I think that's it, Drura and Drake for now. I just kind of want to bring them in so that they're on hand for our future "Big Event" [Wink]

I take it this means I lose Kinetix & Flash from my lineup for it? [Razz]

quote:
Funnily enough, I think Mon-el and Ferro are pretty much the only Adventure Era Legionnaires who haven't appeared in 21st Century Legion at all, if I remember right.

Cobalt's been using Mon-El ("Monius Elysius") a lot! [Not to be confused with Valor, known in other realities as Karate Kid [Smile] ]

And Ferro & his brother, Kono and Kon(-El) were in Big Bad's group with the Foccarts, so Cobalt had them at last report.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Re Garth/Ayla/Surge, good point. Maybe there's a place for Magno in the Legion Academy [Wink]

Re Big Event, hmmmm. Would love to see your ideas for Zoe and Jenni... maybe we can work something out [Wink]

Whoops. How could I have missed Mon? So the entire Adventure Era cast, save perhaps the Super-Cousins from Krypton, are here somewhere!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Re Big Event, hmmmm. Would love to see your ideas for Zoe and Jenni... maybe we can work something out [Wink]

I'll PM you about this later after I've checked my notes. Too spoilery to post in public [Wink]

quote:
Whoops. How could I have missed Mon? So the entire Adventure Era cast, save perhaps the Super-Cousins from Krypton, are here somewhere!

Kal-El's sort of in the background:
quote:
Originally posted by The Big Bad/Ian Lad:
“Tactile Telekinesis,” Amanda said. “The closest thing the people at Cadmus came to replicating the alien’s powers.” She looked at Kon and the eyes. “You’re the spitting image of him, you know. You’re not his clone, but the resemblance is incredible."

“Waitwaitwait,” said Kon. “I’m a clone?”

“Yes,” answered Amanda. “ Starting about a year ago, Cadmus has been trying to create supersoldiers, based on the genetic template of an alien that arrived on Earth about 17 years ago. Unfortunately, Cadmus couldn’t crack the genetic code, and every attempt to clone him resulted in subhuman bizarre aliens. Later on, after twelve attempts, they decided on another approach; instead of cloning the alien, they would clone a human, but with the genetic code altered to resemble the alien’s as much as possible. This procedure met with more success, and you were born. Had everything gone normally, you would have been artificially grown to adulthood, and your mind would have been programmed, with slavery protocols, making you nothing more than a puppet. Fortunately for you, though, Douglas here, who was at the time escaping from the Project, freed you before either of those things could happen."

I know Cobalt was planning on actually using him, but I can't see (glancing over things) if he actually did so.

As for Supergirl... well, I'm using Andromeda [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Can't wait [Wink] When do you think the "Big Event" will materialize?

Andromeda and Supergirl are both awesome, but I tend to think of them as separate characters. I prefer Andromeda, though [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I've already put things in motion for both Kal-El and Kon-El that I have planned for both the short term and long term. Also for Amanda Waller, Ferro & Douglas and the others mentioned in that initial post.

If I list the characters that I've used or have put plans up for, it may get a little ridiculous. Some are also a surprise. But if you want, IB, I can PM you my list. I can send to you too Boot, just to be clear. (I actually started writing it up but a lot of characters are surprises that we’ve only ever PMed about).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Only if it's not too much trouble, Cobie. I'm not planning to write much any time soon, besides introducing some favorites (e.g. Drura, Drake) into our shared universe so they'll be available for the Big Event. So take your time [Smile]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You know, the Novella I'm currently writing has really gotten my creative juices flowing again, so maybe it won't be as long as I think. It'll just take a helluva a lot more research to remember exactly where I am and what I have planned..
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Sent you the PM, iB...

quote:
When do you think the "Big Event" will materialize?

Ask Mr. Kid... [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
If I list the characters that I've used or have put plans up for, it may get a little ridiculous. Some are also a surprise. But if you want, IB, I can PM you my list. I can send to you too Boot, just to be clear. (I actually started writing it up but a lot of characters are surprises that we’ve only ever PMed about).

Sure. You should still have the last PM thread ["redux"] we were using to bounce back. It's the one you last posted in promising to send me an update on where you were "shortly" [Razz]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

All afternoon I've been looking at my notes, my last posts and the posts I've already written that weren't posted. Wow...I sure like to mak things complex. [Big Grin]

I'm trying to get it all sorted out in my head and then will PM you. My goal is to see where all the pieces will be to get us up to the BIG EVENT.

'Boot already knows this, but for IB and any potential readers: BIG EVENT = "Earth War"

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Whoa. AWESOME. This is gonna be another big, rock-your-world type of thread [Wink]

Okay, I've written Wildfire and Hygeia (Infectious Lass) into the Legion too, beginning here. I had Tela push for their inclusion, since she's a) a founder and thus has clout, and b) aware of the Mordru threat. I'm having here help build up the team's power in preparation for that. With Wildfire's sheer power, and Hygeia's ability to take on pretty much any organic enemy... These two can be pretty big assets to the team.

Wildfire's already has his moment c/o Reboot, and I wrote a sequence showing Drura's power in action. I gave her limited healing abilities as well - she can control microorganisms to stimulate antibodies, attack other microorganisms, and so on.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

So this would now be our official roll call:

Legion of Super-Heroes:

Leviathan (Official leader)
Cosmic Boy (de facto co-leader)
Tela [Saturn Girl]
Live Wire
Spark†
Polarity† [Magnetic Kid]
Trinity‡ [Triad]
Gear
Starboy
Invisible Kid
Shifter [Chameleon]
Dreamer
Dox [Brainiac 5]
Element Lad
Quislet
Kinetix
Flash [XS]
Kid Quantum/Jazmin
Blizzard [Polar Boy]
Rebound [Bouncing Boy]
Amihan [Nightwind]
Amazon (Monstress)
Spirit• [Apparition]
Shrinking Violet•
Catalyst• [Chemical King]
Valor• [Karate Kid]
Hygeia (Infectious Lass)
Wildfire

† - full membership contingent on getting counselling & a positive report from Dr Ryker.
‡ - on medical leave
• - AWOL w/Cobalt's group

How many more do you guys plan to add to the team after all is said and done? [Wink] Looks like we'll have a TRUE Legion in numbers after this.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, I have three characters about to be sworn in as soon as I get the post up (and its been coming a long time, so shouldn't be a surprise to anyone).

At the rate people are joining its going to get pretty huge pretty quick. Most of my group will eventually join so maybe we should be a bit more judicious about new members joining? I guess we'll see...

Reboot

quote:
How many more do you guys plan to add to the team after all is said and done? [Wink] Looks like we'll have a TRUE Legion in numbers after this.

I'm actually planning to take at least a couple *off* the team post-EW [Smile]

Incidentally though, you talking about "team votes"... I was thinking (and IIRC, Cobalt agreed with me on this) that the joining process should be more top-down-driven (over Gene's head, even) until after Earth War, when things would be freed up somewhat.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Ah, my bad. I'll edit out the parts referring to team votes, then, and add references in the first post about Chu endorsing Drake and Drura.

Curious about that, Boot - wonder who you're going to lose from the team? Hmmm...

Maybe we should set a member limit, just to ensure it doesn't get too tough for us.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.