Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Roll Call - 21st Century Legion (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Roll Call - 21st Century Legion
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still researching hours later. Will try to PM you both before I leave for work.

I'm considering doing a major post blast tomorrow. I have many, many posts ready to go that I already wrote that basically bring all my characters to Earth War (or close). So before I do that, I don't want to disrupt whatever you guys are currently doing.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
'Boot and I have already PMed, Cobie. I've lent him some of mine for his next sequence, and I have 7 Legionnaires left to play with.

Let me know if you need any of mine [Smile] Plotting's my weak point, to be honest, and I work best with smaller groups at a time.

I'll probably just pitch in with whatever you two are doing.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Curious about that, Boot - wonder who you're going to lose from the team? Hmmm...

Who said anything about stuff getting lost? Stuff getting found? That's the problem [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm still researching hours later. Will try to PM you both before I leave for work.

Any work going to be done? [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I'm considering doing a major post blast tomorrow. I have many, many posts ready to go that I already wrote that basically bring all my characters to Earth War (or close). So before I do that, I don't want to disrupt whatever you guys are currently doing.

Well, right now (literally if you don't count me stopping to reply [Smile] ), I'm writing up the Andromeda story with this girl:
 -

...and it's actually relatively low-key beyond a couple of flashbacks, mostly setup/getting the cast in place in Cathingham (since this is a dangler from a while back). If you're going to do one of your infamous 20-post splurges*, could you make sure you hold off on firing the actual "starting gun" on EW until I get that posted? I'd rather not be posting that in the midst of a "planet openly at war" thing [Smile]

*I recommend you space it out over a week or so rather than posting them all in one go. That way, the thread stays on the LW front page a lot longer [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Sounds good. I've now figured out where to get started. I have a number of posts to make that are the "Road to Earth War" without actually being the war itself. I'll get those up over the course of the next week or so until we get to the actual "planet openly at war" part. [Big Grin]

I've spent all afternoon reminding myself where I'm going with all these plots. [Big Grin]

At some point, Jacquie's group is interacting heavily with the Legion in LSH HQ in Manhattan. I'll reread them shortly and let you know which Legionnaires will be present but its all the ones you expect. I'll post that here so if any thing affects where some currently may be (like Tela or Vi) you can let me know.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

FYI, I won't PM tonight but hope to get to it shortly. No kidding, I have about 60 printed pages of material I never posted. Throughout the coming days, I'll reread, post, tweak where needed and get your guys thoughts and advice as we go.

I'll also write up the missing beats between where I left off and the start of Earth War and we can go from there... [Smile]

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

60? [Embarrassed]

So we're going to tie all our threads into Earth War, right? This sounds great, there's plenty of space for our characters to explore.

I already have something in mind for the seven I'm going to use.

'Boot, PM you on the characters we're sharing - I may have plans for them down the line, when you're done with em.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So I spent my entire afternoon, evening and night catching up on 21CL. I’m not quite done—I have to get through a few more things so I am 100% sure I can remember all the various subplots I was working on, but I’m pretty close. I’ve got to say, IB coming back into the game and Reboot being able to recall everything has inspired me to get back to 21CL! What’s really amazing is that I’ve been working on this story for like 8 years now. Last night I also went through my notes and put them all together to plot out exactly how the Road to Earth War goes and then Earth War itself.

I’m not quite there yet to PM you guys about Earth War with the details and to get ideas, but I’m getting close. Certainly, it will be worth getting some of the broad scope plans in place.

In the meantime, I plan to start posting a few posts a day / every other day for my plots, most of which are pre-written and bring everyone together. Where I left off is the Sentinels are dealing with Mordru’s agents that basically bring everything right up to Earth War; meanwhile, Sensor / Karate Kid / Nemesis / Ferro are on their way to the Legion. That last group will join the Legion (three joining, and Valor rejoining), even though doing so will be a bureaucratic mess and cause all kinds of problems (which I’ll address). Val will also be in all kinds of trouble and I’ll address too.

Reboot, I have a few specific questions for you that are basically just “where did we leave off in our private conversations?”. For instance, I know we created the character Metternich (which by the way, I also named an LMB character the same thing) and I’ve written him into many of my upcoming posts. He’s the liaison for the Legion with the UN and he’s kind of a dick. I just want to make sure this is all still a go. Then there are some more general ones.

For Earth War itself, I have five parts plus epilogues and the main gist of it is this will conclude the war against Mordru that has been building since almost Day 1 of this entire project. Each part has about 5 posts (so maybe 20-30 posts). I will basically utilize almost every character I’ve used thus far to tie up as many loose ends as possible, and my goal is to complete Earth War once and for all. After that, I can kind of move into a “PHASE 2” for what I want to do in 21CL, and that includes focusing on the LSH organization instead of off to the side. For Earth War proper (and there is quite a bit to get to before we do that), we can all coordinate exactly who is where and how it all works. Eventually I’d like to utilize several of the Legion characters myself where they meet the Sentinels and travel to Europe. We can figure this all out as we get closer, but it would probably need to include Dreamer, Violet (given prior interaction), Leviathan (as LSH Leader, leaving Cos in charge back home for Reboot to use), Invisible Kid & Catalyst, my (4) that are about to join obviously, and maybe a few others. Most important, is the story would dictate that Tela should join them as well, the reasons being pretty obvious (I’ll PM you specifics but you probably know already). Naturally, I’ll show her capable and heroic but won’t get too detailed with her character since I consider her “Reboot’s character”.

Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll reply properly later when I'm home w/my notes - but Cobalt, if you want a PM reply, you'll have to bump the other (redux) thread. Seven's now maxed [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Sounds awesome to me. Both of you can develop your own threads, while I take care of those Legionnaires and other characters whom you won't use. I'll also try to develop the other arenas of war that you won't explore [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So my latest two posts today tie up a loose end with the Sentinels as we continue to move forward towards Earth War. I won't post again until sometime next week, so don't worry--there won't be 2-3 posts every day.

My next posts will include Jacquie, Val, Hasim & Ferro face to face with the LSH. For those posts, I wrote in the following Legionnaires: Cos, Tela, Garth, Condo, Lyle, Jan, Nura, Vi, Quis and Gene, plus RJ Brande. Is this going to be okay? It's basically just a meeting in the LSH HQ. But I want to be sure it doesn't disrupt anyone's plans or where any Legionnaires are right now.

My next goal today and this weekend is to get caught up 100% on your guys stories!

Also, prior to each post I make, I'll check here for any Legionnaires I might include and if that disrupts anything.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Sounds like a great plan, Cobie, thanks.

I've lent Zoe, Jenni, Jazmin and Blizzard to 'Boot for his part. I'm toying with the idea of a short (2-3 posts) scene with Drura, Berta, Candi, Chuck, Jan, Quis and Drake that will explore the opening tensions of Earth War. Beyond that, I don't really have any plans yet.

I'll wait and see how your plots develop before jumping in much.

I'd love to catch up 100% on all the posts you two have done but I'm afraid it'll take me until next summer to do that [Razz]

--------------------

Reboot

Checking - neither of you have any plans for Glorith? (this isn't re: Earth War, but a longer-term thing)

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I did after Earth War and can PM them (they're kind of obvious once you think about it). But if youve got something planned out, maybe I can change them around...
Reboot

Cobalt, I'll get to a full reply to your PM tomorrow, but just for the record - yes, Shvaughn Erin's been introduced (don't have the link just now). And you later added a "Siobhan Erin" too.

Let's not add a Siubhan, Chevonne or Schvaughn on top [Wink]

[ November 07, 2011, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Ah. I should have known that. [Big Grin]

Didn't realize I used the Siohban spelling, which I've always loved. That will do for my plans...

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.