Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Roll Call - 21st Century Legion (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Roll Call - 21st Century Legion
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Spent some of the time I spent failing to write over the last couple of days making micros. Firstly, an updated Spark to match the con sketch I got at LSCC (which, in turn, was based on a micro I didn't post because it didn't seem good enough to post. Funny how these things work out!):
 -

And, secondly, some Academy students from the Earth War story - Synch, Jubilee & Tomb [I've actually got a couple more done, but since they're of Cobalt's characters, I should check with him before posting them! [Wink] ]:
 -  -  -

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I like Spark's new costume. In fact, I like it more than any costume Ayla Ranzz has ever worn in the comics.

Like the students too, particularly Synch. The outfit fits what I know of his personality.

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Checking - neither of you have any plans for Glorith? (this isn't re: Earth War, but a longer-term thing)

Nada, no plans for Glorith. No immediate plans for any characters after Earthwar in fact, I'm not good at planning for permanent changes.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Got behind with my micro posting, it seems. Going to post them in batches, starting with some ancillary characters - supporting cast, and a pair of villains.

Starting with the villains, the Lightning Lords, from "Lords and Masters", after Mark Raines got himself "twinned":
 -

A couple of Marvel-based characters - Rachel Dayspring (i.e., Rachel Summers) who debuted in "Lords and Masters" and appeared in "Beast War"/"Penumbra", and Julia Carpenter (i.e., Spider-Woman II) from "A Good Day to Die":
 -  -

Tazmin Tomas, the former Arra of the Táloc (daughter of the deceased Michael [Mikkal] Tomas) and new Academy student as of the aforementioned "Penumbra":
 -

And finally, a couple of characters from my next post [Wink]
 -

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Color me intrigued!

Liking Tazmin's big hair a lot [Wink] And Julia Carpenter also happens to be my fave among the Spider-Women, so thumbs-up for reimagining her.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

And some more!

First, a couple more supporting characters - the Legion's main MD, Dr. James Llewellyn, and their psychologist Dr. Ryker (21CL Dr. Gym'll and Dr. Ryk'rr respectively). Along with a random Dreamer repost just to show that they're short! (Although these are definitely not to any sort of precise scale, the taller micros are meant to represent taller characters and vice-versa):

-  -  -

And now, the main Academy lineup. Some of which I've posted before, but it's easier this way [Smile] :
 -

The teachers group at the left (front to back) is John Jones (guess who [Wink] ), Dani Moonstar, Shikari and Gates.

The flying students are Eagle (Akasha Martinez, the briefly-seen Living Pharaoh II from Marvel) and Flying Fox (the infamous Floating Fox-Like Creature Boy!).

Then the main group of students is (L to R): Everett/Synch, Jubilee, Janet/Giant-Girl*, Sofia (Winddancer), Nori/Surge, Sul/Reflex, Ojiako/Tomb**, Dietrich/Magno, Tazmin, Sandy/Inferno, Jennifer/Particon and Cobalt's trio of Jed Riccard/Powerhouse, Tanya Scott/Lamprey and Serena Grava/Comet Queen.

(phew!)

*Based on the Marvel Adventures Avengers version of Janet van Dyne
**Yes, Tomb's a Legion character, albeit a one-shot from Showcase '95 #6

[ July 12, 2012, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I didn't know it was Cobie who'd introed Jed, Tanya and Serena. You had such a good handle on them that I thought you were their creators!

And, I really, really should hurry up and read all the posts I missed...

--------------------

Reboot

Well, you should read the posts [Razz] , but technically I'm the only one who's posted stuff with them so far, even though I was just establishing them for Cobalt at his request [Crystal Kid's cameo early in BW - he's the "blue-haired kid" Nori snaps at for turning his chair into "blue-white crystal" in pt 2 - was also at Cobalt's request! [Smile] ]

[ July 11, 2012, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Great work on the micros....Comet Queen and Lamprey look awesome!! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Some of iB & Cobalt's guys (mostly Legionnaires) this time. From left to right - Rebound (Bouncing Boy), Blizzard (Polar Boy), Amazon (Monstress), Hygeia (Infectious Lass), Amihan (Nightwind), Element Lad, Ferro, Catalyst (Chemical King), Valor (Karate Kid) and Ultra Boy!

-  -

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Loving the costumes. Like how Rebound's combines China's red with the Philippines' 8-pointed star (is that a correct assumption?)? And I know I've said this before, but especially love the pirate look of Amihan, Amazon's party girl/girl gladiator look, and Hygeia's antennae and the homage to Ice of the JLA.

Oh, and Valor's uniform especially is nice.

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't even think about Blizzard's costume being an Ice homage, I just thought it looked cool anyway - that makes it even more awesome!

I really like the looks of these characters in general actually! [Smile]

--------------------
postlo3w

Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Loving the costumes. Like how Rebound's combines China's red with the Philippines' 8-pointed star (is that a correct assumption?)?

While "in-continuity" you might decide different, the red & black were just taken from Chuck's latter postboot look. After that, I played about a bit, since a black neck/shoulder area didn't work for me, and ultimately decided he might invoke a patriotic symbol! (E-Lad actually went the other way - I started out with a Swiss flag in a similar way and lost it as it looked too busy by the end since I wanted the "zipped" stripes to imply changing, although I cut those down from five to four for similar reasons).

quote:
And I know I've said this before, but especially love the pirate look of Amihan

Funnily enough, I wasn't actually thinking of pirates! I just wanted something that would react well with wind powers - which couldn't be a belt sash, since Sofia has that! - and ended up with the tailed jacket with "Firestorm" sleeves from there.

quote:
Oh, and Valor's uniform especially is nice.

Ta. Never been quite sure about his left shoulder.

[Incidentally, there's a reason he has a red & white belt rather than black.]

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I didn't even think about Blizzard's costume being an Ice homage, I just thought it looked cool anyway - that makes it even more awesome!

It wasn't random - iB's origin for Blizzard explicitly tied him in with Ice. With that, it seemed logical [Smile] (the costume was originally even more Ice-like, actually, but iB asked me to lose the chestplate I'd given him to homage her tank-top!).

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I really like the looks of these characters in general actually! [Smile]

Ta!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Reboot really does a fantastic job with costume designs. I usually get to see a preview of all the micros for my characters and can't wait to reply with tons of praise.

I love the color scheme for Ferro. It just made him 'pop' for me in a way that his costumes never did in the comics!

And Element Lad's costume is really terrific! It feels so fresh and yet instantly classic.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

A few more of Cobalt's characters - Monius Elysius, Tatiana Mallor (Umbra), Veilmist, Dawnstar and Devious Emius:

-  -  -  -  -

[ August 29, 2012, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

I love Umbra! Good homage to all of her barely there outfits while leaving her actually clothed, which is nice for a change [Smile]

Plus I think it would look wicked seeing her standing against a darkfield with just the exposed bits of her skin visible...

--------------------
postlo3w

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.