Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Roll Call - 21st Century Legion (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Roll Call - 21st Century Legion
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Mild cock-up I just noticed - I uploaded an old version of Mon-El in error (the leather parts were meant to be black, with white studs on the belt, to create a mild postboot homage)! Here's how it should have looked:
 -

[I've also fixed it on the previous page]

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I love Umbra! Good homage to all of her barely there outfits while leaving her actually clothed, which is nice for a change [Smile]

Ta!

And yeah, I'm trying to avoid bikinis and the like entirely with the female costumes (of those wearing actual "costumes", there's a leotard for Kinetix and a skirt for Amazon [Monstress], and that's about it).

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
They're all great, but I'm particularly intrigued by Veilmist's costume. Very nice touch!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Playing around with some background students for the Academy there fordehellavit. All six are based on characters who appeared in Legion comics (albeit mostly with costumes translated to civvies), but who never got names or explicit powers.

-

[I'll be surprised and amused if anyone could pinpoint the panel(s) they all appeared in [Wink] ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I think the redhead, the pink-haired girl and the fish-headed one all appeared in the Legion 25?

The last one with the red eyes appeared in Legionnaires 43, not sure if on the cover or pages 2-3.

Not sure about the first two, though.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Actually, only the two I mentioned in passing here are from Legion #25 - although I know why you think the girl in maroon/blue is from the latter, since there was a girl cadet with a similar hair colour there. The other four actually all hail from Legionnaires #43, with slightly toned-down designs (especially in the case of the skinny guy, who had big metal shoulderpads!).

[That said, the "redhead" (I was thinking more light brown, personally) didn't actually get a visible hair colour in the issue - a fair chunk of her was bleached out by a foreground effect!]

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
That stretchy dude looks wicked! Also, Quinkan and the fish-head guy, yay! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Haven't posted anything 21CL-related for a while, I just realised. I'm still writing-blocked ( [Mad] ), so here's some more micros [Smile]

-

Danielle F & Spirit I've posted before, and are included for comparison to their brother & mother, respectively. The trenchcoated guy is King Faraday. And the guy at the end... I've told Cobalt this before, but I wasn't a fan of him introducing Batman into 21CL. Hence making it as unBatman-like as I could while keeping to his description and the general idea of a bat...

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

That certainly looks like a different Batman, different enough for it to not be the "real" Batman. I like!

Nice that Spirit is taller than her mom (love the code name by the way - Spirit evokes both her powers and her personality).

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Spirit's clothing is amazingly detailed for a micro. I love the way it's 'lighted' with the silvery-gray bits fading into the darker grayish-black.

Nice detail.

Also liking the texturing of the cloth on both Spirit and Danielle (the pants especially).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Reboot is pretty masterful at doing micros. The Mon-El at the top of this thread is mind-blowingly detailed with the armor. It's so perfect!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, I love Roman-style armor, so that's a definite thumbs-up from me.

Although the face looks kind of like this guy, to me, which creates weird dissonance in my mind, since he usually plays bad guys.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Nice that Spirit is taller than her mom (love the code name by the way - Spirit evokes both her powers and her personality).

The Countess is actually pretty tall amongst the micros, but I'd already made Spirit one of the tallest (if not *the* tallest) female Legionnaires (I was thinking of early Moder, before Andromeda came along and he shrunk Apparition down quite a lot, I think).

I can't take credit for the codename though. That dates back to the thread's tag-team days. *Goes to check* Fat Cramer probably gets the credit, since Vee was big on the one who did the intro getting to do the codename [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Spirit's clothing is amazingly detailed for a micro. I love the way it's 'lighted' with the silvery-gray bits fading into the darker grayish-black.

Nice detail.

Ta. Although I tidied her up a bit recently, she's actually one of my older micros. I had a pretty clear idea what I was aiming for with her - a black woolen undersuit with one or two drapy/gauzy Alan Davis-style layers on top so that, on the one hand, she would shimmer in the daylight in a very feminine, slightly ghostly way. And on the other, set against her black-lined cape in the dark, it would break up her outline, so that if she was coming at you phased in a darkened room, you would just see her face, gloves, boots and (outer) cape coming at you semi-transparent like a ghost with no body. Probably smiling, given her personality. [Apparition]

--------------------

Reboot

And, for the last day, I thought I'd see this old board out with something 21CL. So here's every character who's had a micro I (that I could find) that I've made for 21CL [Smile]

Click for fullsize image

Click to embiggenate!

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.