Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Timberwolf Wing (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Timberwolf Wing
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Final preparations are underway for the grand opening of the Timberwolf Wing of the Museum of Legion Arts (MLA).

When it turns May 1st (April 30th if you can't wait) in your time zone of Legion World, feel free to post your terrific Timberwolf masterpiece!

Please check back here all day May 1st as artists from all different disciplines add their contributions to this thread.

Please refer to this thread for more information.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yeah, if you haven't visited the Mano Wing or would like to go back and have another look, check it out here:
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000273

Anybody posting early [Big Grin] ? I will if you will [Razz]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to do this early, but I have to work tomorrow, so if I don't do it now I may not get the chance until Sunday.

This is very rough, but I really didn't have time to add color and stuff to it.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Excuse for posting early: well I'm going to be at Wondercon in San Francisco tomorrow so I won't be around either [Smile] Here's my post-boot T-Wolf (Colin Farrell if you can' tell):
 -

And a haiku:
Timberwolf has fleas
Incessantly he itches
Relief Illusive

[ September 17, 2006, 04:45 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
My feeble attempt to get done by the deadline is here. I may work on this some more later.

Click for fullsize image

[Timber Wolf]

[ May 01, 2004, 05:22 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
A truly adept, utterly crafted in anatomy, Legion-history-rich composite portrait, and he calls it "my feeble attempt." These artists are never satisfied ;) ... I would be astoundingly pleased to have one-tenth Gary's ability. It's more like one-hundredth.

And MELad's photomanip glistens, as well.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
(click to enlarge)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't know if this will show up or not. I'm trying to use a Yahoo photo album to host the pic. Hopefully this will avoid me having to bother Gary to upload my pics in the future...

-

Edit: Well, damn! That didn't work either. Guess hot linking isn't permitted at Yahoo photoalbums either! Guess I'll have to bother Gary. Ohhh Gary!!!!! [Big Grin]

[ May 01, 2004, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Vee!

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of loading the image to here and editing it into your post. I had to log into Yahoo! in order to see it before.

I wanted to be like Drake and wait until the end to add some comments, but everybody has done such a great job so far it's hard to stay silent.

I love the hair on Vee's manip. Drake shows us another pro worthy image. MEL's manip (like all of his others) is so realistic, it's scary! And Cru and I seem to have had similar ideas. He's conveyed a lot with a few lines. Very Nice! Great job everybody!

Now where's the poems and stories?

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
As long as you guys keep doing Legion members that I already have on the web, I guess I can still participate...

Timberwolf Custom Figure

Here's my Silver-Age Timber Wolf trying on his Lightle costume for the first time.

[ October 23, 2007, 11:32 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice! [Smile]
Vee
Still smoooooth!

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Hey, Vee!

I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of loading the image to here and editing it into your post. I had to log into Yahoo! in order to see it before.

Thanks Gary!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

All of these are great!

Minesurfer, having read the thread about how these are actually made, I'm even more impressed with how you make them turn out.

Gary, I wish I had 1/10 the talent you do when it comes to drawing and graphics in general.

Cru, I really love the concept behind yours.

MEL, maybe someday my manips will be in the same league as yours. They are utterly amazing!

Drake, your talent for depicting Legionnaires is just phenomenal. You are definitely one of the top Legion artists of all time, in my opinion.

I sure hope there are more coming! Can't wait to see 'em!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
You guys are so talented!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
draub
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for draub   Email draub         Edit/Delete Post     
These are all wonderful works so far. Brin is being done some mighty fine justice in his wing. Can't wait to see more.
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.