Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Infinite Earths of the LMBP

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Infinite Earths of the LMBP
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I'm in one of those bored moods where I'm really not in the mood to write any stories (like my current unfinished one) or even read other stories (like all the great works here), which only makes me even more bored. I can't explain it, but I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

Since I still feel semi-creative without having the energy to complete my "Journies and Destinies" story yet, I've been thinking about the parrallel worlds that exist in LMB Continuity.

*Quick note*- if you post on Legion World, guess what? You've been drafted into the LMBP. I'd find the origin thread and post one, b/c you're ready to start being added into our tag threads!

Since the LMB is the prime heroic team of our Earth, and we have a strong continuity (which I am still piecing together in that thread) as well a past precedent of other super-heroic teams that relate to us, it's safe to say that on this Earth, the LMB are the main fighting force. Therefore, the LMB is Earth-1.

However, there are a variety of people that strangely resemble other characters in the DC Universe that we all read about: Lightning Lad, Saturn Girl, Greybird, etc. This is of course do to the similarities of our Earth with Earth-2, the current DC Universe that exists. The one with the Legion, and Superman, Batman, etc. We're Earth-1, they're Earth-2, because frankly, the LMB is much more important than DC.

Even more intriguing is that other LMBers resemble some heroes from another Earth, the Marvel Universe. LMBers like Nightcrawler and Mantis have counter-parts on this Earth, Earth-3. Earth-3 is essentially the Marvel Universe, with Spider-man, the X-Men, the Avengers, etc.

This explains why some LMBers and LWers are so similar to the heroes of Marvel and DC, since DC is Earth-2 and Marvel is Earth-3.

Which makes me wonder...is there an Earth-4? And Earth-X? And Earth-Omega?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Rumors exist of a possible Earth that slightly resemble Earth-1 where a possible alternate LMB exist. We have evidence, since one of our own LMBers is from an alternate universe where she was an LMBer!

Eryk Davis Ester, LardLad, Lucien Lad and I have pondered the possibilities before and this what we've theorized:

-Homecoming Queen aka Amber, is an LMBer from this world that is known for her love of shopping, boys and other things. She posts on Legion World as Amber & the Girlz.

-Not long after Amber joined the LMB in year Three, her counterpart from another Earth, named Earth-4 by me, came to our Earth. Her name is Umber, and she is Amber's Earth-4 counter-part. She posts as Umber & the Boys.

-It has further been revealed that Umber is actually the love-child of me, Cobalt Kid, and Thora. After giving birth to her, Thora named her Umber (b/c of her beautiful eyes), but the scienctists of Taltor accidently sent her back in time fifteen years, and to another dimension.

-We believe that Umber arrived in Earth-4, where she was found and raised mysteriously until she grew to become that Earth's Homecoming Queen. At some point, she travelled to our Earth, Earth-1, to join the LMB. Her real reasons were to meet Amber, her Earth-1 counterpart and go shopping. She has been too busy shopping to ever answer our questions.

-Although this seemed at first to destroy the alternate Earths theory, EDE pointed out that a new theory may prove it right. He theorized that Amber, the Homecoming Queen of Earth-1 (our Earth), could possibly be the daughter of Earth-4's Cobalt Kid and Thora (or some other people), who was accidently sent back in time to our Earth. Hence, she is actually from Earth-4, and her and Umber were swapped at some point.

[ May 18, 2004, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

This is interesting to us LMBers, especially men of science like myself, because the possibly of an alternate Earth that has it's own LMB is intriguing. Unlike Earth-2 and Earth-3, this Earth-4 not only has the counter-parts of some of us, it may have all of us.

Rumors abound about an alternate Earth that may have previously crossed our paths in the LMB during our Year One, although we did not know about it at the time.

Longtime LMBer Seahorse, who is currently not on the active roster, was one of the first members, and has founder status of the LMB. However, he was also known for a brief time as Bellbookcandle, and there is a belief that on another Earth, he may have been a girl. Could there have been a girl Seahorse on Earth-4? If so, is this the same alternate Earth?

*Note- the above stems from a joke that began when Shadowplay in Candlelight, a former LMBer that helped found the group, believed that Seahorse/Brian was actually a girl. Lots of us thought it was funny, and Lash (I think it was Lash) used to talk about an alternate Earth where Sea/Bri was a girl.*

Could Earth-4 be closely linked to us? Are there other Earths? The possibilities are endless...

[ May 18, 2004, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie

You really are bored aren't you [LOL]

I have enough trouble keeping this world straight in my own mind, let alone multiple Earth's. [Confused]

Of course if you really want to add more to this mix then which earth had my story of the evil LMB in it?

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't there an Earth-B, where everyone was bisexual because the drinking water was laced with bi-beer?

Well, everyone but Cobie, since he doesn't drink water anyway.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
When I *finally* get round to finishing the Lucien Lad origin story (which might be soon since I've now finished Queen of Diamonds #4 and might take a break before doing #5) there are going to be a few alternative Earths there as well. So far there's definately one which is similar to Earth 2 (DCU) in that it has the Amazons and Themyscira and stuff which is where Lucien Lad grew up but it also has a version of Princess Crujectra as well. She could be a time displaced version of our Princess, but I think she's different. And the universe that Lucien Lad came from is almost certainly not the main LMBP universe but is different again from the one where he was raised.

Hmm... it's getting to the point with my origin where I might have to start drawing a blody map of where evrything takes place or something. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Lucifer Lass originates in an alternate universe as well, according to one version of events. Whether this is the true origin of Lucy remains to be seen.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Is the multi-verse big enough to hold two of me? [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

You mean four of you, right? [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, I'll help hold!
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
If any version of Grey Birdboy out there likes TMK, why, Cobie, I'll ... I'll, er ... I'll just hold my breath in outer space until I turn blue ... wait a minute, I don't need to breathe in outer space, I'm from Starhaven ... okay, I'll get hammered again at the LMBPHQ bar and fly around again without my breechcloth, and we'll see just how jealous y'all get, like lasht time ... jealoush, yeah, that'sh thuh shiznit! [Cheers]
From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
There's the Earth where all the LMBPers are the opposite gender.

There's Lash Lass, LARDLASS, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lad, Prince Crujector, Homecoming King, etc.

Cobalt Kid is a wild and crazy sorority girl. (She's kind of the Space Tart of that universe, especially since she also has cobalt-blue hair.)

My favorite is Poverty Lass -- she's so impoverished she can't even afford clothes! [Embarrassed]

And I would be... StuRatte!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tsarin, the dead LMBer,was from the DCU Trom, originally. He had a viewer with which he watched the adventures of The Legion of Super Heroes... and the ever-fascinating happenings on his deserted homeworld.

TN

[ May 21, 2004, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Captain Lightbulb is also from an alternate universe, now destroyed.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.