Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Luornu Durgo Collection (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Luornu Durgo Collection
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In a matter of moments we will host the grand opening of the Luornu Durgo Collection at the Museum of Legion Arts (MLA).

When it turns June 1st (May 31st if you can't wait) in your time zone of Legion World, feel free to post your Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel/Triad masterpieces!

Please check back here all day starting June 1st as artists from all different disciplines add their contributions to this thread.

Please refer to this thread for more information.

For access to the Mano Wing:
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000273

For access to the Timberwolf Gallery:
http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000287

Edit: Topic typo

[ December 01, 2005, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought I'd go with a cartoon for this month's gallery submission. This started out as a joke about Playboy wanting to do a photoshoot with all three ladies but I thought the "Play Boy" joke was funnier...
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
This is actually my third try at a Lu pic. I had two pther ideas that just weren't shaping up as planned. I guess it's appropriate that the third one is the one that I finished.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Awesome boots Spellbinder! Are those from the Princess Crujectra apparel line?
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Lu DID ask me for my opinion, poor dear. Ever since Kinetix was terraformed, the Legion has been without a fashion consultant. You know me... I'm a firm supporter of off-the shoulder tops, but I think this works well for Triad. Some of her selves are more conservative than others [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

BTW, I enjoyed your Triplicate Girl pic. I liked that you gave her three separate reactions, which plays more toward the split personalities we've seen post-boot, as opposed to the ones hinted at only toward the end of the pre-boot.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

[ February 10, 2010, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Very cool, Drake! That's much better than my first attempt (I was going with a sort of "Charlies Angels" pose, but was having trouble getting what I wanted).

--------------------

DrakeB3004

-

[ February 10, 2010, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
I thought I'd go with a cartoon for this month's gallery submission. This started out as a joke about Playboy wanting to do a photoshoot with all three ladies but I thought the "Play Boy" joke was funnier...

I think Triad Purple, at least, would know the answer to this question... [Wink]
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's what I got:

Triad Custom Figures

I had to redo the boot cuffs since this picture was taken. The clay I used broke off on Purple so I upgraded all the sculpts with epoxy clay. I also filled in the lines on their legs too.

I really want to do Coipel-esque versions of Triad... and Duo Damsels versions as well... someday I'll get to them after I finish with other characters that need to be done.

[ October 23, 2007, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

This isn't new, but I don't think I've posted it here before...
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 04:47 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Luornu's theme :

Here's a poem,
the first of three,
to explain what Luornu,
means to me

She had me with that purple skirt
as her crush on Superboy led her to flirt,
But her Cockrum outfit, with sexy cape,
made every little youngster get all bent out of shape

Sassy and sexy, we can't get enough,
we fans stick by her when things get rough,
and although her hottness isn't quality number one,
the other two poems will show how Lu is so fun!

[ June 04, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

One of the things that's fun about these gallery shows is that we end up seeing the character through the ages in all their various outfits (no Giffen purple/orange bodysuit though) or originals -- good job all! We need to get more people to contribute though. I hope this is just an off month and not an indication that interest in the galleries are lagging.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.