Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
EDIT: MEL:TS chat for any & all here in this thread!!

Maximize your enjoyment of MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES with this handy dandy guide to the issues thus far!

MEL:TS is set in current Legion continuity.

ISSUE CHECKLIST

# 1 Good Things Come To Those Who Eat

Issue 1 begins on page 1 of the MEL:TS thread and resumes on page 4.

Re-intro Tenzil Kem, former chef to the Legion. Intro of The Kem family, Ma, Pa & Renkil. Intro Taryn Loy, Tenzil's neighbor and life-long friend. Intro Lester Spiffany, working as a government courier on Bismoll.

SYNOPSIS

Tenzil is miserable at home with his trashy family when Lester delivers his senate draft notice. Between Tenzil, Lester and Taryn, they manage to get Tenzil elected to senate by buying his family its own reality TV show-- Kem Family & Friends-- making Tenzil a celebrity!

Meanwhile, shadowy figures watch and plot and Tenzil barely escapes an assassination attempt!

[ July 07, 2004, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 2 Interactive Do-It-Yourself Title

Issue 2 begins on page 6 of the MEL:TS thread.

Intro Prince Evillo. Intro Lotus Fruit Lass.

SYNOPSIS

Lester's secret origin s revealed during a flashback and it begins to become apparent that he has a special gift where money is concerned.

Tenzil, Taryn and Lester capture an escaped Boom-Boom Beast. They also capture the assassin from issue 1, and she reveals that Tenzil has been targeted by Prince Evillo of Tartarus.

Meanwhile, on Tartarus, Evillo holds tryouts for the Devil's Dozen. Only Lotus Fruit Lass makes the grade and his Dozen now stands at 5 members.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 3 Welcome to Tartarus

Issue 3 begins on page 8 of the MEL:TS thread.

Intro Sugyn, Apollo, Wild Huntsman, Degree Damsel, Stick With a Nail in it Kid and Two-Face Tess as the rest of the Devil's Dozen. Intro Thora of Taltar, one of Evillo's ex-wives.

SYNOPSIS

Using a special Vacation episode of Kem Family & Friends, Tenzil, Taryn & Lester venture to Tartarus to find out Evillo's nefarious plans.

While Ma, Pa & Rnkil are busy, Tenzil, Taryn & Lester debate the best way to go about it, eventually settling on infiltrating the next Devil's Dozen tryout.

Tenzil as "Sir Prize" and Taryn as "Miss Terious" get close to succeeding, but Lester interferes when Evillo threatens to banish "Sir Prize" to the Realm of Darkness.

All 3 are then captured by the Devil's Dozen!

DEVIL'S DOZEN MEMBERSHIP

Apollo
Sugyn
Wild Huntsman
Stick With a Nail in it Kid
Lotus Fruit Lass
Two-Face Tess
Degree Damsel

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 4 The Night the Lights Went Out in the Realm of Darkness

Issue 4 begins on page 11 of the MEL:TS thread.

Intro Infectious Lass. Intro Azura, one of Thora's 2 allies.

SYNOPSIS

Banished to the Realm of Darkness, Tenzil, Taryn & Lester meet some of the quirky residents there, icluding Evillo's father King Malefico!

The King reveals his plan to have Tenz and the gang-- along with his League of Scantily-Clad Overendoed Assassins-- kill Evillo. Malefico teleports himself, Tenz, Taryn, Lester & the League back to Tartarus to do just that.

Meanwhile, Thora forms an alliance with Evillo and one of her 2 allies is revealed as Azura.

Pa and Renkil stay occupied while Ma makes a new friend-- Drura, also known as Infectious Lass.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 5 Tartar US, Will You?

Issue 5 begins on page 13 of the MEL:TS thread.

Intro Eve (known as Saturn Queen in preboot continuity).

SYNOPSIS

Chaos rules as King Malefico, the League of Scanitly-Clad Overendowed Assassins and Tenzil, Taryn & Lester launch an attack on Evillo's castle!

Tenzil, Taryn & Lester engage the Devil's Dozen in combat. Things are going poorly until Lester convinces Sugyn to switch sides.

The League manages to take out both Evillo and Malefico and it is revealed that their whole plan all along was to seize Tartarus for Thora to rule.

But when Thora is taken down in combat by Infectious Lass, the League suggests that Drura become new queen of Tartarus!

Meanwhile, the third and final member of Thora's alliance is revealed as Eve of Titan.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 6 Sissy Hissy

Issue 6 begins on page 15 of the MEL:TS thread.

Intro The Super-Companions. Intro Anti-Lad and her Fatal Femmes. Intro Dev-Em. Intro The Super-Moby Dick of Space.

SYNOPSIS

Spotlight on Spiffany! Once Tenzil makes it clear to Lester that he loves him, but doesn't love him "that way", an enranged Lester ventures out on his own.

He meets a group of men called the Super-Companions, who have watched him on the Kem Show. They try to get him to join their group, but are attacked by a gang of females called The Fatal Femmes, led by Anti-Lad. They unleash the Super-Moby Dick of Space to attack the men.

The Companions defeat the Moby Dick, but are being bested my the Femmes themselves until Lester singlehandedly turns the tide.

Lester decides to venture with the Companions to Thrann, their all-male paradise planet.

There, he meets Dev-Em, an honorary member of the Companions, and is smitten instantly by the Kryptonian rogue.

Meanwhile, Tenzil & Taryn find out the Kem Family & Friends Show has ben cancelled!

THE SUPER-COMPANIONS MEMBERSHIP

Othar
Splash
Shower
Treehugger
Shadow
Mzgrzz the Magnificent
Dev-Em (honorary)

THE FATAL FEMMES MEMBERSHIP

Anti-Lad
Rainbow Girl
Dyke Damsel
Utility Girl
Shaggy Lass

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 7 Senate Business

Intro Tiffany Spiffany. Intro unnamed group of Metas. Intro Heroes of Tartarus.

Issue 7 begins on page 17 of the MEL:TS thread.

Tenzil and Taryn attempt to put a spin on all the hijinks of the previous few issues, and manage to make Tenzil one of the most popular people on 2 planets.

Meanwhile, an unnamed group of Metas is captured by androids.

Renkil, traumatized by events on Tartarus, encounters a man in Metropolis that gives him life-changing advice.

Thora continues to plot with Azura and Eve.

Tiffany Spiffany shows up at Tenzil's office and demands to know Lester's whereabouts. Tenzil and Tiffany leave to find him, but Tenzil has ordered Taryn to meet with Thora as part of their deal for avoiding an interstellar incident with Taltar. Taryn decides to tail Tenzil secretly instead.

Lester, smitten, decides to join Dev-Em in his space-wanderings. They are almost struck by the spaceship that carries the Metas captured earlier.

On Tartarus, Queen Drura debuts the new super-team she has formed, The Heroes of Tartarus (or HOTties).

THE HEROES OF TARTARUS

Infectious Lass
Sugyn
Policy Pam
Spaceopoly Lad
Echo-Chamber Chet
Brittle Boy
Incredible Girl

UNNAMED GROUP OF METAS

Key Kid
Negative Nell
Weight Wizard
Itch Witch
Took
Multi-Maid
Blockade Boy

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 8 Stupid Stalag of Space

Issue 8 begins on page 19 of the MEL:TS thread.

Intro Nardo the galactic tyrant. Intro Plant Lad, False Pretenses Lad and Biron the Bowman.

SYNOPSIS

Dev-Em and Lester are captured by Nardo and become acquainted with some of the metas captured last issue.

To Lester's chagrin, Nardo alludes to nefarious plans that involve Dev-Em.

Meanwhile, Tenzil and Tiffany get ever-closer to catching up to Lester but the ship Taryn is tailing them secretly in breaks down!

On Tartarus, Infectious Lass trains the HOTties, along with their newest member... MATTER-EATER LAD...?!!?

On Taltar, Evillo is "acclimated" into Taltaran society as Thora wonders why Taryn hasn't arrived for her visit yet.

At Nardo's Stalag, we meet 3 of the prisoners there: False Pretenses Lad, Biron and Plant Lad. Plant Lad is foiled in his escape attempt as Nardo arrives with his new inmates!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash,
Thank you for posting these synopses (sp?). To be honest with you, I haven't read the whole series. I plan on printing out all the pages in order to read them, but that'll happen later on. I'd like to work out some rough sketches for the covers to each issue! I have some ideas already, but I'd love you and EDE to give me some direction on what *you'd* like to see cover-wise, each issue. I'd also like to do some character sketches, especially characters that you guys have made up. Like, what does Tiffany Spiffany look like? Post a list of who and what you'd like to see, and I'll get on it as I can. I can't commit to sequentials like Obadiah, but quick sketches and cover roughs would be fun.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've been thinking about adding some character profiles to this thread as well, so character sketches to go along with them would be great!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Eryk, I had hoped you would want to add character profiles but I hated to ask you.

Dean, ANY artwork you want to do related to MEL:TS will be welcomed! Meanwhile, I intend to sprinkle the SECRET FILES will pictures of the castmemebrs I come across on LW, as I did with the Tenzil & your Drura pic above.

I'm glad you like the synopses; I figured it would be a nice way to be able to go DIRECTLY to the issue you want to read without having to scroll through 20-odd pages looking.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
My first character profile:

Tiffany Spiffany

Lester's kid sister (by a year), Tiffany was clearly Daddy Spiffany's favorite. While Lester whines and complains whenever he doesn't get what he wants, Tiffany is more perplexed than anything else by unfulfilled desires. She's especially used to males doing basically whatever she wants, and doesn't understand when they don't. She's incredibly flirtacious, but not truly manipulative. Her flirting is more a matter of habit than anything else.

Tiffany overall has been far more sheltered and protected than Lester was, and shares the rest of the family's shock at much of Lester's 'scandalous' behaviour during his party phase. There's also a side of her that really enjoys being out on her own, though, and to be traveling with Tenz and the gang. To her, it's all a big adventure. She's a good kid at the core, though she can be incredibly insensitive and naive. She is incredibly polite and likeable on first impression.

Presently, she's still trying to find purpose in life as she grows beyond being "Daddy's little girl" and has to stake her own path in life.

Appearance wise, she should clearly resemble Lester, though her hair should be somewhat lighter (kind of a sandy blond, maybe?). She's attractive, bustier than Taryn, and dresses very expensively. She stands with a certain amount of poise and confidence, even when she doesn't feel it.

[ June 14, 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 9 Stupid Stalag of Space Part 2: He Fattened Me With Science

Issue 9 begins on page 21 of the MEL:TS thread.

SYNOPSIS

We are treated to the secret origin of Plant Lad, as he suffers his punishment for his escape attempt last issue!

Tenzil & Tiffany land on the Stalag planet and are quickly captured by Nardroids!

While Tiffany learns of her fate through fellow girl inmate Nasal Hazel, Tenzil is reunited with Lester in the boys' prison!

Tenzil & Lester plot a jailbreak with Weight Wizard, Key Kid and Blockade Boy, but they are betrayed by False-Pretenses Lad!

Recaptured by Nardo, Tenzil & Lester learn that they shall share Plant Lad's horriffic fate!

Meanwhile, on Thrann, Taryn discovers a fun new hobby!

--------------------

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.