Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32   
Author Topic: Matter-Eater Lad: The Series CHAT THREAD
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
As far as cover images go, Eryk can offer his own input and here's mine. Warning: I'm big on comedic homages to covers of the past.

# 1's cover should certainly feature Tenzil, Taryn and Lester, probably in a pin-up shot.

# 2 could maybe feature the gang being attacked by the Boom-Boom Beast?

# 3 begins the story on Tartarus so Evillo should be on it for sure.

# 4 My idea was to have an all-black cover with only Taryn & Lester's eyes visible ('cause Tenz has on his sunglasses) and the words REALM OF DARKNESS along the bottom. I think its funny!

# 5 I'd love to see an homage to X-MEN 100 with Tenz, Taryn, Lester & Infectious Lass rushing to battle Sugyn, Apollo, Lotus Fruit Lass & Wild Huntsman. Where Xavier is standing on XM 100 would be Evillo.

# 6's cover should feature Lester prominently surrounded by the Super-Companions.

# 7 Maybe a pin-up of Tiffany while Tenzil looks on lustfully and Taryn looks on angrily?

# 8 Maybe a shot of Tenz, Lester and the boys slaving in a mine while Nardroids herd them on?

# 9 I wouldn't mind an ADVENTURE 300 homage cover (this could be used on any of them as far as I'm concerned) but if we use it for the Stupid Stalag arc it could include a middle shot of Nardo ('cause it would be funny) surrounded by Tenz, Tiff, Lester, Itch WItch, Weight Wizard, Dev-Em or whoever in seperate smaller shots ala ADV 300.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And for the current issue, 10, I'm leaning towards a riff on S/LSH 228 (Chemical King's death) but instead of those Legionnaires on that cover, it would have Tenzil, Tiffany, Lester, Took (in Chameleon Boy's place) and one other. The script will read "Which of these heroes will be fat-assed ... at the hands of this villain?"

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
i'm pretty happy with #1...

-

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I think this would work well for #4 or #5, as well...

-

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

#2 is a difficult one. I'd kind of combine the pub and coffee shop scenes, with Tenzil and Taryn looking on as Lester throws money at the crowd and says something along the lines of "Poor people are so predictable!"

For #3 I'd do something along the lines of Evillo presiding over a Devil's Dozen tryout, with Tenzil there (not disguised) and Evillo saying something like "YOU want to join the Devil's Dozen?"

I like the Darkness cover for #4, so maybe the Drura pin-up could be used for #5.

I'd parody the cover to the original super-companions story for #6, with Lester leaving Tenzil and Taryn to board a spaceship with the Super-Companions.

#7 should definitely be Tiffany in Lester's office, with Tenzil fawning over her and Taryn looking on angrily.

Since #8's the first issue of the Stupid-Stalag arc, something with Nardo would be natural... but I also like the idea of a pic of Tenzil training with the HOTties, or maybe an Adv. #300 homage?

I'd have Tenzil and Tiffany getting captured by the Nardroids for #9...

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

You know what might be fun? An homage to Kevn Maguire's JUSTICE LEAGUE covers with the cast standing looking at the reader and looking all badass and stuff. That would work well for the STALAG arc which features a buttload of characters.

Tenzil could be saying, "You talkin' to US?"

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read issue #2 yet, so I don't have an opinion about what would be a good idea. Sounds like a lot is going on in that issue, so it might be a good idea to simply show the cast in a pin-up style cover.

Sounds like #3 is the perfect opportunity to parody the cover of Adventure #247!

Okay, dark cover for #4.

How 'bout a NEW picture of Drura for #5!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

ooooh, YES!!! A parody of ADV 247 with Evillo and 2 others of the Dozen rejecting Tenzil! *tee hee!* Good call, Dean!

And may I be so bold to say NEW PICTURES OF DRURA ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!! YES YES YES! [Big Grin]

And Eryk, I love your idea for a parody of the original Super-Companions cover-- we could have Tenzil and Taryn all crying and stuff! *tee hee!*

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

For the #247 parody, I'd go with Evillo as Cos, Either Apollo or Sugyn as Lightning Lad, and Lotus-Fruit Lass as Imra!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

# 10 Stupid Stalag of Space part 3 ...And One Shall Surely Be Fatassed!

Issue 10 begins on page 22 of the MEL:TS thread.

SYNOPSIS

Stranded on Thrann, Taryn finds herself having a wonderful time partying with the Super-Companions until news of Tiffany and Tenzil's kidnapping breaks.

Meanwhile, at the Stalag, Tenzil, Tiffany and Lester survive as best they can.

Nardo uses his super-fatassing power on Lester just before a massive revolt of the prisoners.

Nardo has quieted the prison revolt until his hard work is undone by the arrival of Taryn and the Super-Companions!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Tiffany Spiffany....
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

OMG, Queen Drura is beautiful!

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

CHARACTER SKETCH: Tenzil Kem

Tenzil is like the main character from an 80s teen movie. He's like Ferris Bueller, Marty McFly, and Zach Morris all rolled into one. Not conventially "cool", and yet so incredibly cool. Despite his ever-present shades, he always sees the brightest side of life. He is completely confident that things will work out for the best in the end, and they usually do. Of course, he's not beyond breaking whatever rules are necessary to insure this...

His family is wacko, and completely dysfunctional, yet he takes as much of it as he can in stride, confident that everything will work out. He shows far more loyalty to them than they deserve. Despite the fact that the series begins with his plan to move out, he'd never really completely abandon his folks or his brother, no matter how creepy they are or how miserable they make him.

His best and oldest friend is the girl who grew up next door, Taryn Loy. He depends on her to keep him focused and to keep his more irresponsible side in check, while he serves to provide joy and levity to her life.

Tenz is handsome, charming, and witty. But more than anything he is a good guy. That's why he's the star of the series, right?

[ July 03, 2004, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

Eryk Davis Ester

CHARACTER SKETCH: Taryn Loy

Taryn is the girl next door, if the girl next door's dad were a mad scientist who does crazy biological experiments on family members as well as family pets and if her mom had left after being given an extra breast by her aforementioned mad scientist dad. Taryn grew up very quick, and unlike Tenzil, who somehow managed to keep a childlike optimism despite his circumstances, Taryn harbors a certain resentment at her lot in life.

(At least initially in the series...) She is the responsible one, who always sees what's really at stake and what is really important. Despite the fact that she rarely explicitly laughs at Tenzil or his antics, she secretly values very highly the joy he brings into her life. He's the only person that she completely trusts, and deep down, she fears losing him more than almost anything. There's a certain lack of self-confidence, a unwillingness to believe that others' actually care about her, and at the same time, a strong desire to find a group that she really fits in with. She often uses her enhanced physical strength to cover up this insecurity.

Taryn is cute, cuter than she believes herself to be. In Tenzil's words, she's "just-rightly endowed". She is tall and lean, with maybe even even a slightly athletic build.

This topic comprises 32 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  30  31  32   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.