Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Wing Wing (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Wing Wing
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to go ahead without Monkey Eater Lad, but I have a couple sketches done, and not a lot of time...

-

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool images Dean. I especially like the hot, sultry look you have given them.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

[ August 13, 2011, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I've posted this before, but since it applies...
 -

[ August 13, 2011, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey guys I've been superbusy at work and totally forgot it was the first! Thanks for openging the Wing Wing, dean! Here's my manip of the high-flyin' hottie Dawny!
 -
 -
Click for fullsize image

[ September 17, 2006, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dawny Come Home

She flew always in first, always ahead of the rest
she exemplified the Legion, when the Legion was at it's best
Independent and aloof, she never compromised
And it's time her role in the Legion was finally reprised

A love that was true, but never meant to be
a woman whose love transcended physical necessity
she was sharp and quick-witted, although not everyone saw eye to eye
but everyone agreed that see she was beautiful in the sky

Oh, those beautiful wings, and oh, that gorgeous hair
she was a beacon of Legion energy, that was always clear,
And although she's been through some pretty crappy things
There's a new Legion now, and it's Dawny I hope it brings

There are lots of other Legionairres
and even another tracker with a different name
But I demand something differnt--So Please come home Dawny
without you, the Legion just ain't the same

[ July 01, 2004, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
oops! Forgot all about this! I'll have to see what I can put together to contribute:o

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
All are stellar contributions thus far. Dean: You're making me get a Dawny/Kari written vignette on "paper," and I'll get to it this weekend. Des: I'll second that whole poem!

Since this is about any and all Legionnaires (and friends) with wings, I'll include art created by Kyle Baxter from the conclusion to my fanfic short story. Check it out to find out how Lar got that way!

- click for larger version

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Great job everyone!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Excellent work, as always. Great job, guys.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I love all these submissions but I gotta give a special shout out to deanlegion's second image. You draw the most romantic Dawny EVER!

I forgot, here's the notes for mine:
Here's Alex Rice (Sopranos) as my imagining of a postboot Dawnstar. Dawnstar was never reintroduced after the Legion reboot but Shikari seems to be based off of her. Anyways, I thought it might be fun to figure out what Dawnstar might look like if she was introduced in current continuity. I got rid of the fringe tassley things but did keep the head gear and orangey gold color. Anyways, have fun...

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers! Aren't there any Ornitho contributions?

Oh well... looking great so far folks!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my Dawny from Custom Con 9 last year:

Click for fullsize image

[ August 03, 2007, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Monkey EL, thank you for the generous comment. I love to draw Dawnstar, I always have. I only wish I could devote the time to rendering each feather and muscle. Actually, I wish some bored inker was out there hoping for a sketchy pencil artist who's work they could improve upon...

Anyway, I'm loving all the Wing Work so far, and I think it's only fair that the Legion's other winged friend, Ornitho, should get some attention. However, it'll have to be after this weekend's festivities...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I can't wait to see what you do with Ornitho, Dean!

(And if you work up something on the Mighty McCaw, you get bonus points!)

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.