Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Founders' Wing
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome one and all to the Founders' Wing of the Museum of Legion Arts. Please feel free to post your artistic creations inspired by any or all of the three Legion founders - Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, and Cosmic Boy. While your here, please don't forget to vote for next month's gallery subject, check out the gift shop or any of the other wings of the Museum, conveniently linked here.

Click here to vote!
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luorno Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Here's my contribution: In the forth season of Smallville, the Legion of Superheroes make their debut in a special episode titled "247". "247" refers of course to Adventure Comics 247, the first appearance of the Legion of Superheroes. I think a Legion cameo would be an awesome guest appearance and would be a cool break from the 'freak of the week' episodes and emotionally angsty shows. Anyways, here I cast the Benjamin McKenzie (Lightning Lad), Mischa Barton (Saturn Girl), and Adam Brody (Cosmic Boy) from the Legion-friendly show The O.C. (Adam's character Seth is occasionally shown reading issues of The Legion) as the three Legion founders. These three teenagers from the future visit Clark (Tom Welling / Superboy) in Smallville to invite him to join their club of super powered youths from across the galaxy. How will Clark react when these three time travelers tell him he is a legend inspiring generations of heroes to come?

[ September 17, 2006, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

And then here's my three individual Legion founder pieces from a coupla years ago:
 -
 -
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are great MEL. I'm running a bit behind in creating mine but I will get it posted.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I usually wait til the end before posting reactions, but I *love* the OC/Legion/Smallville crossover! lol (the best part is if it were to happen, "OC" fans would get the in-joke after all those Legion mentions on the show). It actually looks like it should be the cover to a "Smallville" book aimed at preteens.

Well, here's my "bit" (click to enlarge):
Click for fullsize image

[ August 01, 2004, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great pic, Drake!

MEL, I love the OC/Legion combo--Mischa Barton is such a hottie!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
As always, compared to the others mine is a simply feeble attempt at a manip. But I enjoy trying and hope you have some fun seeing them [Big Grin]

Ohh! Beefcake alert!

N
O

N
U
D
I
T
Y

B
U
T

L
O
T
S

O
F

S
K
I
N

&

I
M
P
L
I
C
A
T
I
O
N
S

[Big Grin]

-

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, these aren't new... I'm afraid I've been a bit busy lately... but I managed to dig these two pics out of the Cru Archives. Hope you like [Crusader   Princess Crujectra - Newcru]

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It was a choice between a bad story and an incomprehensible drawing, so I went with the text. Warning: entirely jumbled continuity!

"Imra, Garth," Rokk smiled a familiar welcome as the two sat down at the table. "I have an artifact here that should interest you. Rond sent it over from the Time Institute - it's caused quite the commotion over there." Rokk paused, thinking about what to say next. Garth tapped his fingers impatiently on the table top, Imra kept a patient silence.

"A relic from 21st century Earth, a data disc...."he continued.

"Containing what, Rokk?" Garth asked.

"Something called Legion World. It appears to be what was known at the time as a message board, a communication device through which people of that time conversed or exchanged ideas."

"Like a primitive Omnicom, I expect. But...Legion World? You don't mean our Legion World?" Imra looked puzzled.

"Maybe you'd best see for yourselves, scan through some of the text on the translators here. I've taken a quick look and I have to warn you, some of this is rather sensitive. That's why I'd like to keep this among the three of us for now."

"That's our symbol!" cried Garth, staring at the screen. "And there's some writing about Val, Drake, Tinya, Cham... I don't understand...is this a hoax? It's impossible! How could Terrans from 1000 years ago know this much detail about us? Our names, our missions, even what we look like?" He continued to read, not waiting for an answer.

"No, no hoax; the temporal authenticity has been verified by experts. You see, or you will see, it's actually a blend of fact and fiction about the Legion; Rond asked that we run through certain questionable sections and determine what really happened and what was fabricated by these people. After all, who would know better than we three?"

"Rokk, Garth has a valid question. I did a thorough mind-wipe of everyone who had any contact with us on our 20th century mission. And I have no doubt that it was 100% effective," Imra stated.

"I'm sure," replied Rokk drily. "The Time Institute has several theories, but only theories at this point. No one has come up with a satisfying answer yet. A time traveller from our time, or our future? If so, to what purpose? Other suggestions, perhaps less palatable, have been proposed but....."

"Hah! Look at this Rokk!" Garth interrupted. "They think you're boring! And they sure didn't like the way you treated Sinde." He continued scanning. "Hey! Here's some stuff about me! Hot-head. Okay. Heroic. Good. I like that. But, grife, there's a lot about Mekt here, that's all way off...Oh no! They've got the whole the Progenitor story, with me winding up in Jan's body... I don't get that. There are things here that no one knew but me, things I didn't even tell you, Imra!" Garth looked up apprehensively, but Imra was preoccupied with the screen before her, clenching her jaw and turning faintly pink.

"What is this? They're calling me a...a...a shameless hussy?!? she seethed.

"Er...I'm sure it had a different meaning way back then," Garth suggested, reaching his hand out to hers. "Isn't that right, Rokk?"

"Hmmm? Don't really know," he answered absently, scrolling through a few more screens. "Oh, no! Of all the things to find...Garth, you won't believe this..."

"Rokk?"

"...but they stumbled onto that Garth-is-Proty rumour, that silly thing Reep started."

Garth groaned. "Rokk, is there any way we could just erase that? I think some people actually believed it - and if this should get out of The Time Institute, well, it was embarrassing enough at the time."

"Too late for that now, Garth," sniffed Imra. "Just look at what I'll have to live with if this goes public!"

"Come on, you two, we're above all the gossip and name-calling at this point, aren't we?"

Garth returned to reading and started to laugh again. "Here's an even worse one! I can't believe this, but, remember Profem?"

"Profem? The one and, thankfully, the only practical joke Brainy ever pulled," grimaced Rokk. "Designed a molecule, wrote up some technical papers, even faked a patent...had us all believing this drug really existed and that Shvaughn had been taking it for years... it was masterful."

"Masterful?" Imra glared. "In bad taste, if you ask me. Using Ayla and Jenni to spread the rumour over half the galaxy... poor Shvaughn, why he had to pick on her... if Lyle hadn't convinced him to confess, I don't know what would have happened."

"Well, she sorted it out with Jan and took her revenge on Brainy...funny there doesn't seem to be any reference to that here."

"Rokk, what's this Mission Monitor Board section? I don't understand what it's about..."

"Nobody does, Garth. There's a team of post-docs working on deciphering it now, but Rond said they're not making much progress. Some believe it was a section reserved for those with delusional disorders."

"Another section, here..."Bits" - it appears to be imagined stories, some based on us, some not...here's one, it appears to about Tenzil..."

"Tenzil?" Imra rolled her eyes. "That figures. He was always the clown who would be star."

"...and ...Lester Spiffany? Uh..."

"Lester?" Rokk frowned. "That name still leaves a bad taste in my mouth...to think that Jazmin would leave the Legion and run off with Mr. Dazzle Gem."

"Oh, Rokk," Imra put her hand on his shoulder. "That still stings, doesn't it?"

Rokk sighed. "It's the past. Let's get back to business here."

The three turned their attention back to the viewers.

"Look at all this artwork!"

"By the rings! These are wonderful!"

"There do seem to be quite a few of you, hon."

"And very flattering indeed," added Rokk.

"Yeah, you look great! Oh, I mean, as great as you really do..."

They read on for another hour. Finally, Imra sat back, thoughtfully. "However they came by this information, well, they do seem to share our vision...."

"Diverse sentients, with different backgrounds and beliefs - working together - using what powers they have..."

"It's, well, it's sort of an honour that they've chosen us as their focus, or model... I'm not sure what you'd call it," mused Garth.

"But...shameless hussy? They could have left that out!" fumed Imra.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All great contributions, each and everyone. The WB and Fox should get together and do the OC/Smallville crossover.

And Cramer, I LOVED your 'bad story'. It was perfect! And I'm not just saying that because of the Proty rumor. [Big Grin]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
MEL your manips are getting more and more acomplished with every wing opening!

Drake, as ever you show us that just when we think you cant get any better you top your last post - another wonderful picture!

Cobie - well it's better than anything I could draw and you have coloured it well.

Vee you sexy thing you! Another great saucy pic from you.

Spellbinder ( you are Crujectra? I just figured that out! D'oh!!) I really love your picture of Imra and the look between Rokk and Lydda says it all really. I really love your distinctive cartoonish style.

and Nancy, your story rocked! I'd love to see more of your writing.

I've been raking my brains for some idea to write about to add to this wing as I've been really lax of late - sorry guys nothing has struck me yet but I know that with the talent on display already that there's no fear it'll be greatly missed.

Bxx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.