Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » In case you're wondering...

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In case you're wondering...
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

http://members.tripod.com/~pzalac/legion/

Strange site. This guy seems pretty mad about the reboots but that chart is just peachy ain't it?

[ September 14, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Nightchangeling ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
That chart was a poster from a few years ago.

I have that poster laying around here somewhere.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I don't remember seeing it before, it's pretty cute though. Pre-DnA
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
The good old pre-DnA flow chart! I have mine framed and stored somewhere, as well.

The sad (but perhaps good, as it meant development) thing about that poster is that it was already out of date with some of its classifications and members three months later. It's definitely a fun piece to have though and it made my little 13-year old day when the shop owner gave it to me.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
That looks pretty neat. I'll probably want to find one.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I likes that chart, but some of the font was to small, so I had now idea what the numbers meant.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

No kidding, I'd love to see a better scan.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The poster is from the issue at the end of the Mordru war (when half the team was still in the 21st century). It's a pretty cool one too, at that!

PS- OK, at least *I* think it is. Now I'm not so sure [Cool]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
The poster Cobie is thinking of was a much smaller fold out, feauting the Legionnaires and support team by Alan Davis. It featured the infamous 'printing mishap' that was intended probably to be Wildfire.

This flow-chart was just a general advertisement poster for comic book shops during Legion month. I don't know why someone would stop at the window and take the time to get acquainted with everything on the poster, but in retrospect it makes for a much better souvenir for fans than the Stuart Immomen Fatal Five vs LSH poster released around the same month.

The numbering system next to each character usually meant their current team or status. 1 meant Legion Founder, 2 meant Legionnaire, and so on and so forth to include the Legion support staff, former members, Uncanny Amazers, Workforce, the deceased, and even a special category for Lori called 'Rejected Legionnaires.' [Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.