Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Sequential Page

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sequential Page
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I've redone a page from The Legion #38...

It was pencilled, adjusted in Photoshop to make nice blacks, then colored and lettered.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
*Dreamy sigh* Umbra is beautiful as always, especially under your art, Dean! I love the layout on this sequential...it really works to tell the story and I read more fear off the civilian now than I did when we just saw him croweded with people and having a background behind him. The shadow leads a lot more to Tasmia's menace.
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you, Future. I can always count on you for a reply to work I post.

I'm glad the storytelling is working because that is most important. I made it a priority to stay with the same number of panels as the original and I tried to maintain the action that happened in each panel, even though I presented it differently.

I'm glad you mentioned backgrounds because I do want to say that I didn't leave out the backgrounds just to be lazy. In fact, on the next page, the setting will be clearly laid out.

I've done roughs of the next couple of pages, and I was very happy with what I came up with. Rather than post those roughs, though, I intend on finishing them to the quality shown above before I post them.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

As Greybird has mentioned, My Webpage is being very wonky right now. If you get the little red x, please hit refresh. I'd love any input on this page and the upcoming ones. Do they make sense? Are they still too sketchy?

Upcoming...I rework the page where Vi comes and interrupts Devil's attempt to attack Umbra and Brainy. Also, I rework the page where Trudy admires Tinya. I give it a kind of Saint Tinya feel.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

every other day BUMP! [Shadow Lass]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Groovalicious!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks for responding EDE!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I really like the work you do, dean. Your stuff looks so professional (is it?). I should have you look at my stuff so you can laugh till your out of breath.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you, HPV!
I am a professional though small-time freelance artist, but it is not my sole income. As for comics art, my experience has so far been made up of tons of fan art and approximately 31 pages of unpublished sequential pencils for a couple of independant creators. I am currently organizing my portfolio and designing a website in order to find work in comics. At this time, another indy writer and I are emailing each other in order to figure out if each we're a match.

I would love to see your work! If you wanted a true critique, I'd be happy to give it. If not, I'd surely point out what I like best.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Future
The Present is Past

Egads! Dean, if you're offering to give critiques on art I'd love to hear what you have to say about my Timber Wolf/Apparition piece here. It's the only thing I've been proud of the past four months.

By the way, how go the next few pages? One can never absorb too much Dean Lee art in one day!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

I remember that drawing, and I remember liking it very much! I had to really slow down and look, but the only real crit I have is that Brin seems to have the longest jawbone ever. Maybe just keep an eye on facial proportions. Some variety in line width can also make these kind of drawings more interesting. Experimenting with tools can help with that.

Speaking of tools... I held off working on the following pages to the one above because I found myself lacking certain drafting supplies. I finally went out and bought a bunch of stuff, so I'm not only eager to finish this set of sequentials, I'm also anxious to play with my new toys. I'm away all weekend, so I hope to work on this in the next couple of days.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Future
The Present is Past

Dean, you're too groovy! Thanks. Egads, that really was a huge jawbone...must've wanted to make room for the sideburns or something. Thanks again!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.