Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The LMB Untold Tale: The Wedding of Cobalt and Spacey

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The LMB Untold Tale: The Wedding of Cobalt and Spacey
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Here is an important part of LMB Continuity that has never officially been 'told'. At some point in year four, Cobalt Kid and Space Tart were wed, and both decreased their involvement with the LMB for a time.

After a few months of marriage (and monogamy!!!), Cobalt was adbucted by Dr. Albert Hoffman and Dark Conan and held prisoner for a year. He was tortured for a long time, until the final battle when he brutally killed them both. Finally, he found his way home, where Crusader found him in space, and told him that the LMB still lived on at Legion World--there he joined them. This coincides with myself rejoining you all a year ago at LW, after a long absence of at least a year.

In the meantime, Space Tart continued to have adventures with the LMB, although both she and the LMB believed that her husband, Cobalt Kid, died. At some point after "The Super Jailhouse of Space", in an untold tale by EDE, Spacey died saving the universe from entropy. This untold era also accounts for the move to Legion World, a dark time for the universe and the LMB, Shady taking a leave of absence, EDE going from a potential maniacal villian to the deputy leader of the LMB, Crusader remaining behind on the outpost, and others leaving and going. Lots going on here!

But Spacey died saving the universe. Months later, Cobalt shows back up at LW, alive and well and learns his wife is dead. However, in my Onevision "Journies and Destinies", we learn that months after this, Cobalt seizes the oppurtunity to go back in time, and pulls Spacey out of the time stream and saves her.

There's the basic timeline. But I always wondered about the wedding, it could be a funny story!

It would occur sometime b/t "Hot Summer Nights" and "Doom of the Superheroes", since both Spacey and Cobalt are in Hot Summer Nights, but only Spacey is in the second (in a major role too). In my Onevision "The Tale of Cobalt and Spacey", it's written that after Cobalt finished his term as leader in the beginning of year four, he thought he was finally done with his problems with Dr. Albert Hoffman and Dark Conan, so he could finally settle down with Spacey and not worry about being drawn away. Space and he had previously had problems, but they were going to try and make it work--so they agreed to be monogamous, fell even more in love and got married. They didn't officially 'retire', only had their time as LMBers decrease.

I'd say the marriage takes place right before "Hot Summer Nights", and then Cobalt and Spacey in this story are recently arrived back from their honey moon. Sometime b/t Hot Summer Nights and the next tag story, Cobalt supposedly dies.

It's interesting, since the marriage takes place right before Hot Summer Nights, when some new posters were just becoming prominent: for instance, Leap Year Lass had recently joined, Eryk Davis Ester was about to join over the course of the next three big tag threads (which is pretty cool), and other LMBers were in the midst of coming and going.

What I'm wondering, is who would be at the wedding?

(Yeah, I know, another boring Friday night before work...)

[ September 17, 2004, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Well, this much we know:

LardLad was Cobalt's best man.

Lash Lad gave away the bride.

Crusader acted as master of ceremonies (no priests at this wedding).

Lucien Lad was in charge of all the decorations, and Dean Lee created the dresses.

Shady was Spacey's made of honor, and other Bride's Maids could've Princess Crujectra, Leap Year Lass, Homecoming Queen and Umber.

Ushers could have been Pov, Faraway Lad, Beagz, BBC and Stu.

Others in attendance would have been Looks that Kill Lad, Dev-Em, Furball, Midnight Son, Dedman (right about the time he announced his own retirement from the LMB), Yellow Kid, Grey Birdboy, Loser Lad (although currently absent from the LMB, I'm sure he'd have come), Terrence and Mart aka Lost in Lust Lad and Dial H for HOMO.

Ger, Omega Man and Orkanabo, all of whom were recent additions to the LMB.

Shark Lad, Mighty FanboyLad, Lumberfox and Kbern Kid (with his husband Gary) would have probably come out of retirement for the festitivies. Others to do the same: Goon Boy, Ultra Jo, Lev Lad, JWB Boy, and Carrgaphile.

Hummer Lass would definately been LardLad's date. Maybe Pro-D as the ring-bearer?

I'm sure there would have been a moment of silence for fallen LMBers Foxy Roxy and Foodmaker Kid (I'm not sure the LMB Spectre had actively rejoined the LMB yet).

Hm...I wonder what it would have looked like with Dean Lee creating Spacey's dress and Lucien doing the decorations?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
And how many of the women present openly cried and gnashed their teeth at the thought of losing their chance with the reigning Studmuffin that we all know you to be Cobster? I'll bet there were a fair few [Big Grin] Probably quite a few of the guys as well [LOL]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Probably! [Big Grin]

I wonder what the guys planned for the bachelor party? [Eek!]

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I remember, I bought the Space Ferry Ticket to Tartarus, the Honey, the ostrich feather and the handcuffs. Pov organized the stripper, and I think there were rumours of a Super horse... of space, a Super sheep....of space and Stu organized the legal disclaimers so you couldn't do anything to us afterwards.

And more importantly neither could Spacy when she found out where you were and what had happened.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I wonder what the guys planned for the bachelor party? [Eek!]

It would have to be something fairly exotic, since around here most nights are like bachelor parties [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Tart
I'm so blue...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Tart           Edit/Delete Post     
*sniff*

It was a beautiful ceremony! It was one of the happiest times of my life...although it ended to soon.

Now that I'm back, I find Cobie back to his old cad-like, carousing, cretinous ways! Hmmph! Two can play at that game, and I can play it well! I've never let a man subdue me anyway!

Although I did look ultra-hot in that Dean Lee dress! And Shady and Crujeckie threw me the wildest bachelorette party the galaxy ever saw! Oops...what went on there can never be mentioned... [Wink]

*titter of amusement*

From: valley of the girls | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe if I offer you a stiff drink S T, or two. then you can come overhere and whisper the details in my ear. I promise not to tell.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.