Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Brainy Fanart/Fanfic Request! (It's my birthday!) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Brainy Fanart/Fanfic Request! (It's my birthday!)
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Hiya!

Monday will be my birthday, and I thought as a birthday present for myself, I'd come here and beg pathetically for that which I love most--Brainy stuff! [Big Grin]

I've been working for a while on a Brainy/Colu site at www.planetcolu.com, but my fanart page is pathetically small (and I have no fanfics up at all!) So this is my plea to the fantastic artists, writers, and otherwise artsy-minded people at Legion World! Please, donate some Brainy fanart or fanfics to my site!

I'm also interested in art or fics of characters that tend to "hang out" with Brainy, pre or postboot... like Rond, or Lyle, or Laurel, or the Chronarch, or whomever! (I like Supergirl too, but I think that it's easier to find Supergirl fanart, you know?) And also other members of the Dox family, naturally.

Think how embarrassing and tragic it will be for this mostly-lurker if, the day before my birthday, one of my rare threads is shunned and ignored. Now you have no choice! You must donate Brainy art, Brainy fic, Brainy anything!

(Pleeeeeease? [Wink] )

[ October 03, 2004, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Mearl Dox ]

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know if this is the kinda thing you had in mind, but this is something I did not so very long ago:

Click for fullsize image

Happy Birthday [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely that's the kind of thing I mean! Thank you very much, your highness!

Anything fan-made and Brainy related is what I wish for, in any style and with any theme. [Smile]

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

To clarify, what I mean by "give me fanart/fanfics" is "give me permission to host a copy of your fanart/fanfic on my site." Aheh.

Please?

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't have anything fan-made on tap, but here's a salute to your natal day by means of Dan Jurgens' and Karl Kesel's gorgeous splash-page art, in TalesLSH 323.

Did somebody (okay, hundreds) say that these two were cold fish? Hmmmm [Wink]

Click for fullsize image

Click for larger version

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Mearl, I have a Brainy pic from the 2003 Legion boys calendar i did that i can send if you like. A little risque though so I wasn't sure if that was the kind of thing you were after. In fact i think the whole set might be on the LMBP yahoo group if you want to take a look and see if there are any others you'd like (the ones on the yahoo site are a smaller size than the files that I have here on my PC).

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Aww! Thank you, Greybird. Ha ha, yeah, a couple of real poker-faced stoics, those two!

And thank you very for the permission, Bevis! [Smile] Sure, a little bit risque is fine by me. After all, I'm 23 as of today! I'll be sure to find those.

EDIT: Found it. Hah, that alone was worth the shameless begging! [Wink] Thank you again!

(Wow, will you look at the exclaimation point abuse in this post? Heh, well, I'm happy. Nothing wrong with acting mindlessly perky once a year!)

[ October 04, 2004, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Mearl Dox ]

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

I'll color this (been wanting to for a while now) but I can't tell you who drew it or where it came from. I think I can legally give you permission to use a colored version (if I'm the one who colored it, of course) but not the b/w.

Still and all I think this is a marvelous sketch.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Even if I can't post it, thanks for sharing it! [Smile] It is a great sketch!

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The one YK posted was drawn by Paul Ryan. I've seen it posted at www.legionnaires.com. Mr. Ryan's website is at www.secondstargraphics.com.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frog King
The B^|@h is back!!!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog King   Email Frog King         Edit/Delete Post     
Not my best work. Hope you like it:
 -

From: Berlin | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

That's at once adorable and hilarious! Thank you, Frog Kid! [Wink]

--------------------
科学の使者、キュアドクス!

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Hawk:
 -

Just to warn you, I got some major spyware on my computer after clicking this link. It could be a coincidence, but it happened while I was looking at that pic.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh really? So that must be the cost of using Image Shack...now I get it.
Thanks Cru, I'll switch hosts right away...or almost right away since I gotta find a new one.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.