Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Art Gallery (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: LMB Art Gallery
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Faraway Lad variant -

-

Greybird Boy variant-
 -

Kid Blackout - killed in action

-

Original Primary Color gang-

-

Yellow Kid joins the Legion
 -

Reimagined Yellow Kid-
 -

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are awesome, I am especially fond of the Original Primary Color Gang.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I was especially proud of the Faraway piece when I did it, at that point it was the best piece I'd managed to do with the graphics program. I worked pretty hard on it and was exceptionally pleased to see he was still using it when I first joined LW. It made me feel pretty good about it even a couple of years later.

I actually hadn't looked back in a while and saw that the YK character really has gone through some evolution. I started him as a Giffinesque comedic Legion villian even though giving him Silver Age status. The reworked "Shooter's Four" pic just came to me one day while reading Legion Worlds and I simply had to do an anime style YK when I did the active roster of the LMBP during our Yahoo Group days.

Incidentally, I think that yes, Lightning Lad and Nightcrawler are fairly obvious but at the same time they should be slightly changed to reflect a touch of reality and Legionism when doing artwork for them. Scott's long dark hair and beefiness ought to look wonderful in a silver age LL graphic don't ya think? I haven't a clue what Gary looks like though so I'll see if I can figure out a way to Legionize the Marvelous guy we've all known for so long.

...and the Gang, I love 'em too. I really have to find something to use them for again.

[ November 17, 2004, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt....i have a colour version of that pic here, also have a color lardlad too, but am having trouble posting them......
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ded, maybe one of us can help you with it? I'm about as computer savy as a stick of gum, but I'll give it a try (or Lou or someone could help...)

YK, I'm a big fan of the PC Gang too! Check out the LMB Timeline DRAFT and see how I've added them in over the years (roughly end of Year Two and beginning Year Three)--I had them set up as a big villian group for the LMB, and then have Yellow Kid joining the LMB. I'd love for your input, and will change anything you want. I kinda like the idea of the PC Gang being LMB villians before breaking up and going there own ways! And I remember from a conversation with you and Cru that we liked the idea of you blowing up the old LMB HQ leading to the building of the Outpost. Also, I'd love to hear how you might want to incorporate Kid Blackout (and his death) into LMB Continuity (if you want to), because I know how much that era of your posting, especially with the other person on "team Blackout" means to you.

I like the idea of Nightcrawler and LL having their own LMB-esque versions of their costumes. It's been established that the DCU is the Earth-2 or the LMB universe and Marvel the Earth-3, so it'd make sense for them to be a little different from their other Earth counter-parts. The same goes for Miner, Semi and the rest--love to see new designs! Even though Miner uses the Gates avatar, all we really know is that he's a bug... [Big Grin]

Oh, and I added in another pic of Space Tart and another for Poverty Lad into Viv's pics!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm working on coloring Deddy's LardLad now, but I haven't had time to finish it. I'll post my version when I do. Cobes, what you saw was the avatar I made for Lardy out of dedman's drawing. That's about all I have done of the coloring job, so I'll post that for now:

-

Marck, do you have hosting for your pics? If not let me know and I can arrange something for you there. If you do, all you have to do is use Full Reply Form and click on the "Image" button under the reply box. Copy & Paste the URL into the box that pops up, click OK and then reply to the topic. The picture will appear in your post.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Viv, good work compiling all of the pictures. It's nice to have them all in one thread like this.

Maybe at some point you should rename this thread as The LMB Art Gallery or something to that effect so someone casually lurking by will know what all is in this thread and won't miss it!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

BTW, there are larger versions of the Freekinos LMBers hosted on my space and posted in my Gallery thread. Feel free to change the links to point to those if you'd like.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
This is terrific! I know that I've done more drawings of LMB characters, but don't have them readily handy. Anyone snag the old stuff off the LMBP yahoo group?

Should MEL's LMB manips go into this thread, too? How 'bout the dolls by Kat?

I'm going to be doing some more drawings soon. I think we all know that lil' rhino is chomping at the bit to have a portrait done!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Here are the two micros that Kat made for Sketch Lad and I for winning one of her Coloring Contests awhile back:

-  -

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
Viv, good work compiling all of the pictures. It's nice to have them all in one thread like this.

Maybe at some point you should rename this thread as The LMB Art Gallery or something to that effect so someone casually lurking by will know what all is in this thread and won't miss it!

Ok. That's right folks, I comply ask me to do anything and I'll do it.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sure I have a few LMBPers as well, somewhere. Certainly ones of Shady and Lash and a group shot of Lash, Shady and Lucien. They might be over at the yahoo group actually...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Hmm, no, they're not there. Wonder if I can find them elsewhere.

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Well, there are the Lucien Lad, Looks That Kill Lad and Shady trading cards (or possibly Tarot cards, I forget) I did over at the Outpost but I'm sure there are more as well. I'll have a rootle around and see if I've saved them anywhere.

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Micro I threw together of "Reboot" a while back:

-

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.