Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » ViridisLament's Art - New images pg 9 (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: ViridisLament's Art - New images pg 9
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
This one was by request for Mike Barr, creator of Psi-mage
 -

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow ded... this is FANTASTIC!!

You've got some incredible manips!!

But it's your other art that's caused me to drool so much I just shorted out my keyboard!!!!

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
for those of you who know photoshop; 107 layers on this one!!!!

This is for Grey
 -

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

[Big Grin] thanks beagz.....I'll be posting more of my other stuff again soon. I think i'll do a run of my fantasy art next.
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
hey dedman, VERY,VERY, nice. [Cool]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Very, very nice deddy! Most excellent! And 107 layers? [Eek!] I think that would crash my PC if I tried it in PSP.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
That's just gorgeous, Ded amigo. And 107 layers, such subtle combinations -- I'm glad to have a hint of the work that's involved behind the scenes.

The model is superb. She wears the jewelry with panache and carries her wings well. The harsher light on her is more like what would be seen in space, methinks, un-softened by air.

(I did have to wonder, though: The image isn't missing anything at the top, is it? Was it cropped?)

Thanks for bringing along this lovely lady!

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

thanks for the comments everyone!!!
Scott - i was getting worried about a crash myself, i've never made a pic with that many layers before
Grey - Really glad you like this one grey. The original source pic was cropped at the top and bottom, normally something i try to avoid, but this one had such a perfect flying pose i had to use it. The jewellery she is wearing is jewellery made by various tribes in the SW region. Her actual costume was made from scratch, with the designs again being from various SW tribes. It may interest you to know that the black and white symbol in the center of her breachcloth actually means "morning star" (aka the dawnstar) in the Arapaho tribe.

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome job Ded! It's cool that you did research for accuracy. I hadn't really noticed that symbol before you mentioned it.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Thanks Drake....i usually do a fair amount if research when doing a redesign like that.
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

And now into a run of fantasy art. Most of this is a bit old, and most of it is from a DnD campaigne i was in.
This is one of my characters, Silur Cha, one of the Lizard Folk. He was a mage, specializing in illusions. He provided some much needed magic support to the team and as a result of being Lizard Folk, some brute force as well. Also, for those of you familiar with Babylon 5; he spoke like Zathros....even called his familiar (a crow)
"the one".....which made all other crows "not the one"
 -

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
dedman, this is a spectacular gallery! That Dawnstar image is amazing. Excellent detailing.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Continuing the fantasy run.....
This is Thailus Ar'Daenar, an elvish Warrior Priest. He was a specialized undead slayer. The 1st Image is Thailus more or less as he appeared at the beginning of the game. The 2nd image is Thailus about 1/2 way though. At this point he (and several other party members) had been touched by a evil power. This touch gave him various firebased abilities (everyone touched recieved some powers, signified by the coloured scar over the eye). The final image is Thailus just before i retired him. By now his fire abilities are out of control and he is locked into a suit of living armour to help control it.
 -  -  -

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome stuff!!! [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Another member of the same adventuring party, Brehanna Steelheart. She started out as a paladin (1st image). However she was touched by the same power that touched Thailus and fell from grace (she recieved Psioic abilities). Shortly after that she was bitten by a werewolf and became one herself (2nd image). Finally her abilites grew and she shed her armour in favour of psionic sheilding. Bad idea Brehanna!!! She was killed by the party, because we were lead to beleive she was a traitor.

-  -  -

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.