Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » ViridisLament's Art - New images pg 9 (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: ViridisLament's Art - New images pg 9
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the pose and costume, though am not sure if I see Tasmia (or whatever her name is now [Smile] ) quite so torquoise Dedman - still, the light sheen across her cheek and midriff are lovely!

How long do you spend on each manip? It looks like you must be slaving over it for ages to put in such lush detail!

More, more, more!!!

Bx

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Shady pic, and, yes, the scales thing makes sense.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Harbi - turquoise eh? hmmm, have to check my montitor's colour setting. The amount of time for a manip Really varies, mostly by how much work needs to be done on the original photo(s). Generally though things like clothing, overlapping limbs, tangley or curly hair all add time.

Arachne - Thanks!!!!

My latest manip; Snowbird from Alpha Flight. Happy with most of this one, but the cape is horrid....and my other attempts were worse. I may come back and redo the cape sometime but for now, here she is.......
 -

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice! A great defiant expression and her eyes are quite spooky.

Again, the sheen and shadows are superb! Agree that the cape is not perfect but it looks okay, maybe just a little 2D coming off her left shoulder - the line or something? If you hadn't of mentioned it I would never have noticed [Big Grin]

What I did notice and really like is her costume design - did she ever wear the Maple Leaf? I'm not really all that familiar with the AF history but it looks fantastic!

Background and logo look great too.

More, more, more!!!

Bx

And let me be the first to say I wish I had a bra that good [LOL]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Harbi!!!! Glad you like the costume design, it is an original. Its pretty much a combo of her "real" costume and the Leaf-cut design on other AF costumes.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

The next WAK manip; Lightning Lad.

-

Thats it for WAK manips for now;
Vote for the next ones Here

[ July 13, 2005, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: dedman ]

Harbinger
Advisor

Stunning! The electricity crackling around him looks real, very nice!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks awesome Deddy! Although, with my poor eyesight I have to admit that thumbnail makes it look as if he has pigtails. [Hunter]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Shockingly good lightning!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
What they said! Props~

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Thanks guys.....i really appreciate all the feedback!!!

The lightning was actually very easy. It is an Eyecandy lightning filter copy and pasted and distorted several times.

LL - [LOL] I never noticed the "pigtails" in the thumb at first. Now i can't un-see them!!!!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Amazing!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome LL, Ded! He's just amazing. Great job!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Good stuff (as usual) Deddy!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Got the results of the latest poll
here are the winners and thier vote totals

Theena - 4 (i'll be doing her first; already got ideas)
Element Lad - 3 (think lots of glowing symbols)
Lone Wolf - 3 (thisone is going to be dark)
Light Lass - 3 (i have the perfect base pic for her)

So I'll be doing Theena first then attempting the other three. I'll poset 'em asap, in the meanwhile i'll post some other stuff

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.