Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The All New (Rebooted) Ongoing Tag Team Thread! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The All New (Rebooted) Ongoing Tag Team Thread!
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
In honor of Legion of Super-Heroes #1, it's time for our own reboot of this classic thread. We start with the classic opening line.

"Once upon a time in a galaxy (M81) far far away, on a planet called Legion World, There lived a Beautiful Princess..."

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
But we don't want to hear about her, she may be pretty but Cru's really busy right now being glamourous and wonderful and as heart warming and charming as that is we all know we'd rather read about scuzzy bar fights and men in tight trousers battling each other in brutal fashion, using manly strength, ingenuity and a little luck to scrape by and save the day. Kind of like Harrison Ford did in the Indiana Jones movies. Only preferably without the snakes this time. I really don't like snakes. Or spiders. Or soft cheeses actually, so no villianous soft cheeses please. They bring me out in an awful rash don't you know!

So, back to men in tight trousers fighting in back alleys, that is what we want to read about isn't it? Well I would anyway, nothing personal against Cru, I'm just jealous of your bust!

Anyway, in a dark alley to the side of Shameless Hussies Bar we find our intrepid hero, struggling against the forces of evil in a manner befitting of Beowolf or Herakles or one of those legendary types who we should really all have read about only the books have too many "thee's" and "thou's" and "fore-as-muches" and suchlike so we never really give them as much attention as they deserve. Probably.

So, our hero, dressed in the traditional black leather pants and long overcoat of a medium sized budget Hollywood hero flick has just had a very expensive pair of sunglasses knocked from a heroicly straight nose.

The villian, a really nasty looking bit of work as all villianous henchmen are wont to, cackles with malevolent delight.

At this point something rather unexpected happened...

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
it rained soft cheese. Lots and lots of it. Which of course brought out the soft cheese eating spiders and snakes (which as ane fule kno are indiginous to Legion World) so that soon they were piled ankle deep in the alley...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
< [Big Grin] you are mean Bevis so you are, and that'll learn me! >

Thankfully for them Harbinger had a day off from Legion World that very day to shop for shoes, bags, hair dye and other absolute essentials so they were not shrieked, screamed and cried at in a most undignified manner.

What DID happen was even more unexpected though...

[ December 30, 2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

But thankfully the soft cheese also brought...

Wait for it...

That hero of heroes...

Fresh from his rollicking adventures with Numf, Sonnie, Harbie, and a certain unnamed long legged, large busted, blonde superstar (don't take my word for it, read Dragons!)

Rody the Super-Rat!

And with Rody was...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Piddlin' Pup, side kick to Legion World's very own Beagle Boy and possible future/alternate universe/convoluted plot twist evil villain, but currently good guy beagle hero. In fact as well as Rody and Piddlin' Pup it was a virtual roster of the LMBPets, including...

*interlude*
Sorry Harbinger, but really if you're going to taaunt people with things like that then you have to expect someone to follow up on them. It would be remiss of me not to have done so. [Razz]
*end interlude*

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

*another interlude - no problem Bevis, really, I expected a few comments that's why I wrote it, it was just suprising how quick (and funny - I laughed out loud at it!) your reply was*

--------------------

Abin Quank

Stoopid Cat, Blok the Rock, and Annoying Cell Phone Ring Chimes Lass, who was recently retconned into existence by Dr. Love Rocket for reasons which will be revealed around page 3 or when I think of them, whichever comes first.

They paused at the mouth of the alley and Blok said...

[ December 30, 2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Harbinger
Advisor

"Stoopid Cat, was that you?"

All the pets stopped and sniffed the air in trepidation. Stoopid cat had the inherent feline dignity to not blush.

Meanwhile...

--------------------

Abin Quank

Somewhere else, someone else commented, "Rhey got a ralking rock on the ream?"

And his companion answered, "Shut yer pie hole furbag!"

I wonder just who those two could be?

But, Back in the aforementioned alley...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Meanwhile Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II hadn't been used in a story in so long, that she was beginning to fear that she'd been killed off or rebooted out of existence. Anyway, it really was time that she fulfilled her obligation to her dead brother, the original Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal.

And so she set off in a spaceship, headed towards...

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

A shoe shop... of space!!!, after all a girl has to have shoes for every eventuality and being a Legionnaire meant facing EVERY eventuality...

--------------------

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
....Dressed in killer heels.

As Harbinger dilly dallied over whether to buy the cute little manolo's or the rather glamorous high patent leather boots, or indeed the far more practical green wellies (well in the winter she'd get far more use out them) the Gay Green Giant hustled and bustled over her every whim.

"Oh yes dear these will look absoulutly spiffy on you, look how they accentuate the positive and the colours will match this delightful little cape we have just got in"

Just then into the shop rushed MR B and hurredly thrusting large sums of credits at GGG he said,

"Here just buy the lot and get out of this shop, we have things to do"

As a surprised Harbi followed Mr B out of the shop she thought.......

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

of all the little fairies that were dancing around in the sparkly light that filled her head.

Possibly, just possibly, someone had slipped something into the glass of champagne she had been sipping while viewing shoes. Either that or her head really had become home to a hoard of hard partying little people with a penchant for floaty dresses and leather stilleto boots...

--------------------

Abin Quank

Anyway, in a dark alley to the side of Shameless Hussies Bar we find our intrepid hero, struggling against the forces of evil in a manner befitting of Beowulf or Herakles or one of those legendary types who we should really all have read about only the books have too many "thee's" and "thou's" and "fore-as-muches" and suchlike so we never really give them as much attention as they deserve. Probably.

So, our hero, dressed in the traditional black leather pants and long overcoat of a medium sized budget Hollywood hero flick has just had a very expensive pair of sunglasses knocked from a heroically straight nose.

The villain, a really nasty looking bit of work as all villainous henchmen are wont to, cackles with malevolent delight.

Our hero, powerless without his sunglasses, falls to his knees and begins franticly searching the cobbled pavement of the alley for his magic specs.

Still cackling with malicious glee the hideously misshapen villainous henchman moves in for the kill, completely unaware that he himself is now being stalked by Stoopid Cat and Piddlin' Pup.

Meanwhile outside the Shoe Shop... of Space, Harbinger (who has just recognized one of the fairies dancing inside her head) and Spannerhead (AKA Mr. Harbinger, Mr. B, Alan, and several rather veddy British terms of endearment not normally heard outside of a certain South London Mansion filled with rather unique characters) are confronted by a gang of Shoe Aficionado Groupies with evil intentions...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.