Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN's drawing board **(back from the void)** (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN's drawing board **(back from the void)**
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
Well folks here's my contribution to this esteemed forum hope y'all enjoy and let me know what you think.

-
**incase your scratching your head, this first drawning i did was for the Yahoo LsHRPG. it's Element Lad (in more of a Monk phase) Colossal Boy,(i took alittle from the Cockrum era Costume & mixed it with the Sw6 era costume to come up with that outfit.) next is Thunder, and Dream Girl.**

heres my spin on a new costume for Shady.
 -

and this one is a little different design on Dawny:
 -

and here's CeCe:
 -

[ October 19, 2008, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN ]

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Quantum 2

-

[ February 02, 2005, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN ]

--------------------

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
LJ, your images are undoubtedly appearing here for you, but not for those who aren't signed in to MSN Groups with a .NET Passport ID.

Edit: Nor, apparently, for those with a .NET Passport ID other than your own -- mine doesn't work.

Take a look at the stickied thread at the top of Bits for information about several alternatives to store and "hot-link" your images effectively, all of them free to use.

[ January 31, 2005, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

Here's Laurel Gand: Andromeda
 -
Sorry for the mix up folks, finally got it right thanks to Greybird, [Dawnstar] [Yes]
Grey, your a Gentlemen and a scholar. [Love] @a BIG [Hug]

--------------------

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
You're very kind, LJ. Do try the free hosting at ImageShack, folks, it's a lot faster to use and more intuitive than some of the other alternatives -- such as MyWebpage.netscape.com, which once worked well, but is now slow and erratic.

These are marvelous sketches! (Or DC-ous {grin}) Vibrant and realistic body types, especially in contrast among that quartet. You have an excellent grasp of humanoid proportion and anatomy. I'd love to see these colored by one of our intrepid folk (hint!), especially the Andromeda and (o'course) Dawnstar.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree. Very very nice, John. I started to complain about the ladies hips but Grey's correct, they look more like real people than I usually see in comics.
Jasmin in particular actually looks like a real "lady of color" as opposed to just being colored that way. She's even got the body language and attitude to accompany the part.
Well done.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
John, what Legion Yahoo group are you a part of? Caroline and I (more her than myself for the last while) are members of a number of Legion based Yahoo RPGs. Why do I feel like I should know you and will feel real stupid when I find out. [Confused]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Spectacular pencils john, really well done
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
John, what Legion Yahoo group are you a part of? Caroline and I (more her than myself for the last while) are members of a number of Legion based Yahoo RPGs. Why do I feel like I should know you and will feel real stupid when I find out. [Confused]

don't feel silly Scott, i'm Thunder over at Kel's Superboy's Legion RPG. hope you and prince Garth come back real soon ok? [Wink]

--------------------

l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

Greybird,Yellow Kid,Dedman, thank you for the kind words [Smile]

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice JOHN, it does make a nice change to see women drawn with more realistic shapes. Thunder and Kid Q are my favourites.

More, more, more!!!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

don't feel silly Scott, i'm Thunder over at Kel's Superboy's Legion RPG. hope you and prince Garth come back real soon ok? [Wink]
Thanks John! Should've realized you were Thunder from your avatar. Prince Garth is one of my two favorite Garth's that I play(ed) and I do hope one day to return to the fold. Maybe I'll surprise Kel soon with a post. [Big Grin]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

BTW, I love the piece you did for Kel's game. Especially for Evan's Jan. It looks great!
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Particularly lovely Jazmin! Let's see some more L. John.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN

-

Here's my design for the Dragonmage over at Kel's Legion

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.