Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » (Onevision) Mission Two: The LMB Space-Wedding!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (Onevision) Mission Two: The LMB Space-Wedding!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Previously:

Mission One: Danger Damsel and the Bag of Bones

BTW- I've named RTVU with the moniker "Kid Vudoo", which I kind of liked. This stems from a brief period where Vu went by the name Vudoo on LW. Vu, if you want me to change this, I will gladly do so. [Smile]

[ June 06, 2005, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Team Chemistry

“Freggin’ Praying Mantis World?!” yelled Reboot, “Freggin’ Praying Mantis World?!”

“Sentient, please,” responded Space Ranger. “Yes we are coming home from a mission at Praying Mantis World. We served a very important purpose and stopped further violence by averting the Civil War there. I know it can be hard to comprehend these things…”

“Oh, I comprehend all right…but….Freggin’ Praying Mantis World?! What’s next, Rainbow Kryptonite? A tomato with wheels?”

“Hm…good idea for a thread…” added Cobalt Kid. “Don’t worry Reboot, someday you’ll adjust to the life of a hero. Just follow me lead,” he said, flashing his white teeth.

“I’m going to kill him…” added Reboot, “Glitch—“

“Ooooookaaaay,” jumped in Actor Lad, let’s just settle in and see how Outdoor Miner is doing flying the ship.”

“Flying the ship?,” said Outdoor Miner next to them, “I’m right here. And after that conversation, I’m drinking heavily.”

“Hey, I think I’ll join you,” added Cobalt.

Silence.

“Sentients, who is flying the ship then?” said Space Ranger.

Kid Vudoo walked out of the back area of the cruiser. “You know, we should have had Mantis on that mission, come to think of it,” added in Kid Vudoo (formerly Rtvu).

“What?” said Actor Lad.

“Well, it was Praying Mantis World, right? The way our logic goes, Mantis might have been the key to an earlier victory.”

“Is anyone else noticing this?” said Actor Lad, out loud.

“*Gulp*”- Cobalt

“*Gulp*”- Outdoor Miner

“*Freggin’ Praying Mantis World…”- Reboot

“Space Ranger?”- Vudoo

“Hm…you know Vudoo has a point. That *would* make sense.”

“GUYS, WHO IS FLYING OUR CRUISER!!!”

The six heroes rush to the front of the ship to see it hurtling into the sun.

“By the bristling beard of LardLad! Six of the greatest heroes of the LMB, including the most legendary, I, Cobalt Kid, and we might be finished off by mere negligence?”

“Yeah, ironic, isn’t it? Hic!” replied Outdoor Miner.

“Well, I’m sorry guys, but there’s no way out. We’re all dead?” said Actor Lad finally.

“We are?” replied the confused LMBers.

“Hahaha! I’m just kidding! I was using my powers of super-acting!” He replied and they all had a good laugh.

“I’ll never make it two more hours,” thought Reboot.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Moral Highs and Lows of Space-Banditry

“Psst, Actor, check it out,” said Reboot, pointing towards the omni-screen. “Looks like that pirate band is raiding another royal heirloom.”

Actor Lad and Reboot turned to look at the monitors. They were in deep space, on their way home from a major LMB mission, on a planet that could only be translated into Interlac as “Praying Mantis World”. There was a massive number of LMBers present on this mission, and they had all broken up into groups of six or so to head on home to Legion World, although various activities and distraction (as always) pulled them into different directions.

Kid Prime had a silent chuckle before he went off on his own cruiser at the idea of Reboot and Cobalt Kid, who had not exactly seen eye to eye in the past, spending the next few hours together. The addition of Space Ranger and Actor Lad, two respective friends of each, as well as the ever drinking Outdoor Miner and not so much a newcomer anymore Kid Voodoo would make it even more interesting.

He would have been right. From the minute the set foot onto the ship, Reboot began pointing out minor things that he considered ironic, such as how Cobalt Kid had amassed one third of Legion World’s army under his own flag, and then was also one fifth of the largest land-owning group on Legion World proper. Cobalt, knowing how to play up his own effects, proceeded to explain to Reboot how he would one day understand the concepts of justice and order and the necessity of stopping violence and not encouraging it. Outdoor Miner wasted no time in drinking.

Currently, Reboot watched as a band of space-pirates were attempting to hijack a royal transport from the planet … The ship itself was the epitome of decadence, which was even more revolting in this newer era of a rabidly growing poor universal economy. Actor Lad watched on with his friend, unsure of the situation, but Reboot looked more closely, examining what the pirates looked like—trying to pick up the state of their dress and their hygiene. If these were men and women in desperate need of some kind of currency to keep themselves from starving, they might have a genuine need for some of the lavish wealth on board.

“What in the--?!” said Cobalt Kid, walking into the room. “What’s going on there, a pirate raid?”

“We’re not sure yet, I’m having Glitch examine for closer details,” replied Reboot.

“Closer details? Those pirates are forcing the ship to dock and are boarding it while armed with intense weaponry. That’s piracy if I’ve ever seen it,”

“Well, don’t jump the gun Triumvir, those men might be in desperate need of food and money! Surely that royal ship can supply them with something…”

“’Boot…my name isn’t Shirley,” replied Cobalt Kid, and then clicking on his omni-com, “Space Ranger, we’ve got a problem. Check out your monitor on coordinates 45-87 and you’ll seem some space-pirates raiding some type of royal vessel. Go ahead and show them that there is still justice in the universe.”

“Understood,” replied Space Ranger, “piracy will not be tolerated. Truth and Justice Prevail!”

“Bug, you go with ‘im,” said Cobalt into his omni-com.

“Monkey, no,” said Outdoor Miner into his.

Cobalt started laughing, “I love it when OM gets all drunk like this…”

“Cobalt, what are you doing? Sending your big Daxamite Fascist down there to clean house?”

“Um…yes, but not the fascist part. Why, don’t tell me you agree with them?”

“Where did you get the authority to issue that order? We’re not on Legion World! You’re Security Chief status doesn’t fly out here in space!”

“Well, someone had to give an order!”

“Uh…” said Actor Lad, “here we go again…I’m going to join Kid Vudoo…”

As the two argued on, Space Ranger flew out into space and rushed down, quickly dismantling the pirates before they could breach the ship. “Stand down sentients! This type of theft and terrorism will not be tolerated in this sector of space. Banditry violates UP law 859340-U, and you are clearly engaging in this act!”

“Blow me, tight ass!” yelled a scurvy pirate.

Space Ranger’s eyes squinted a little. “…I see.”

Minutes later, the pirates were all rounded up and their pirate space ship was set in a big bow-tie. “You bastard! That was our ship!”

“Really? Well, then I guess you can just ‘blow—“

“Ranger!” yelled Cobalt Kid, joining him, “great job! Possibly a new record!” Kid Vudoo, Reboot and Actor Lad were beside him. “Where’s OM?”

Quickly, OM teleported into view. “You’re not gonna like this, Cobie. Some princess is on board who just overheard me mention your name in passing.”

“What’s not to like!” said Cobalt, “another added bonus! Which princess? I know quite a few you know…”

“Um…right…well, Princess Tarina, and I think she wants to kill us all…”

Suddenly, a burst of pure light ripped through the side of the ship, and Princess Tarina, and a small array of her royal guardsmen, prepared for attack.

“Oh…that Princess,” said a disappointed and distressed Cobalt Kid.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Enter Princess Tarina

“LMB! At last! I’ve wanted revenge on your little squad since our last run in*, and I’m going to take it now!”

“Whoa! Whose this babe, Cobie?” said Actor Lad, as the royal guardsmen began shooting off photon-rays and razer-electric nets flew over their heads.

Princess Tarina suddenly let forth a massive light-burst, knocking all six LMBers backwards. “What, a genuine rich royal, not in league with one of our triumvir elitists?” said Reboot smiling. “What’s next, Cobalt is elected to something without his army backing him up?”

“Guys, this is Princess Tarina,” began Outdoor Miner, “who is LardLad level-powerful, with a full mastery over light particles, which she can use in a variety of ways. She had a skirmish with a small group of LMBers during all that Elagabolus madness about six months back, and isn’t exactly happy with Cobie, Lash, Stu, and the rest.” Then he added a “Hick!”, as he teleported across the way to land another punch into a guardsmen.

“Whoa, OM, reading up on the archives lately?” said Kid Vudoo, leaping over two guardsmen and delivering a hard kick into someone’s teeth.

“Hey, I get bored when everyone passes out!” replied OM, putting his hands up.

Space Ranger flew towards Tarina hoping to end it quick, but her mastery over light allowed her to move and react far quicker than he realized. She effortlessly blasted him backwards, and sent him flying into the pirates he had tied up. “Aw, c’mon! You landed on us on purpose!” yelled the pirate. “Sentient, I have no idea what you’re talking about,” replied Space Ranger, stepping on his head to climb out.

“Hey, Guardsmen, we surrender!” yelled Actor Lad, to which the guardsmen near him stopped fighting.

“Really?” said the main guard. “So soon?”

“Uh, well…NO!” yelled Actor Lad, punching him in the face! “That was called using my power buddy, of super-acting!”

“So basically, this is your fault,” said Reboot, trying to get close to Tarina.

“My fault? You were the one that didn’t stop those pirates in time! Then we wouldn’t have had to deal with Tarina.”

“Ah, but she would have been able to do it effortlessly and we would never have gotten involved. Then she wouldn’t be attacking us!”

“But then our consciences would never let us live with ourselves, knowing we couldn’t stop this small, but oh so important crime. No, ‘Boot, I did it for all of you and your ability to look at yourselves in the mirror.”

Princess Tarina ripped a blast of hard light at the two of them, this time in a vertical motion that threw them off balance and knocked them back.

“What’d you do, make this woman another conquest?”

“Of course not! I did kiss her though in the middle of her last fight because I knew she’d be mad…”

“Oh,” said Reboot, “so it *is* your fault.”

“SENTIENTS! ENOUGH!” yelled Space Ranger finally. “We are fighting senselessly! We only journeyed down here to help you with this band of vagrant scum!”

“Hey!” yelled the scurvy space pirate leader Space Ranger had stepped on. “I’m offended by that!”
“We have no wish to fight you! We only came to help!”

“Ha!” replied Princess Tarina, “I know what kind of ‘help’ you LMBers like to bring. Like when you stopped my people from conquering my hated enemies!”

“Tarina, you hardly would have conquered them, and we were stopping needless bloodshed on a planet that had nothing to do with your three-way war!”

“Psst…not helping Cobie…” said Outdoor Miner

“Your majesty, please” said Actor Lad, “this has all been a misunderstanding. We hold no ill will, and there is no need for either side to sustain any injuries or worse…” Actor Lad looked up and noticed the lead guard (who he had punched in the teeth before) looking at him. He suppressed giving him a wink.

“Tarina, they are right!” said a voice, as suddenly another woman came into view, this time a taller one with lighter skin and auburn hair. “There is no need for any of this. In fact…” she walked over to her and began whispering something in Tarina’s ear.

“Wow, whose that?” whispered Cobalt to Kid Vudoo, “are you thinking what I’m thinking? This could be good…”

“Um…yeah, Cobie, sure…” relied Vu.

“Enough,” said Tarina finally and this time very calmly. “Livia is right of course. There is no need for blood shed.”

“Livia is right?” whispered Space Ranger, “I said that first…”

Tarina continued. “In fact, to make up for this insult, and the previous insult, I think one small sacrifice from you LMBers can help me with urgent problems at home.”

“If you need our help to stop a problem at home, I think we can probably—“ began Kid Vudoo, before Princess Tarina interrupted him.

“Thank you, LMBer! I see you agree. Very well, I demand that one of your number take my hand in marriage and become my royal consort and prince of Kareesia by my side!”

“What in the name of Stoopid Cat’s neutered member is she talking about now?” thought Space Ranger.

“Not only that, but I choose…”

“Great, get ready Cobie, here it comes. Like we didn’t see this coming,” said Outdoor Miner, “you better wrap it this time too, because—“

“…I choose…Reboot!” finished the Princess.

“—because—Holy Shit. I didn’t see that one coming.”

---------
* Journeys and Destinies

[ June 05, 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Princess and the Reboot

“I see you all find this mildly amusing,” said Reboot, “and I hope you realize I’m only going along with this because we need to learn why she wants us on her planet so bad. It’s obviously a trap of some sort, although I don’t know why she’d want to risk fighting the whole LMB…maybe a few here and there, but were too damn powerful for anyone to think it’d be a smart move…”

“Pre-wedding jitters, ‘Boot? No worries, I had ‘em too! You old dog, you? Gettin’ hitched at your age? It seems like its too soon, but when the love-bug bites, it bites, you know—“

“Put the gun down, Reboot!” yelled Outdoor Miner, as silence followed. “So we get to through a bachelor party, right?” he added.

“Can I be in the wedding?” asked Kid Vudoo.

“Hey, I’m the best man!” said Actor Lad. “I mean, obviously I am…right?” he added, looking at Reboot.

“Perhaps you guys didn’t understand it. I’m NOT getting married. We have a mission here. I have never met this woman in my life until an hour ago, when she tried to separate my body into tiny parts. I am NOT getting married.”

“I know one part she didn’t want to hurt…” added Cobalt Kid.

“Why couldn’t I be on the squad with Umber and Koko? At least they understood primitive forms of communication…” replied Reboot, looking to the sky.

“Have no fear, Sentient. I have no regrets about marrying either of my wives and always look forward to seeing them again. Both are Carrggite you know, and it’s always a pleasure to go home and visit them…”

“See, even Space Ranger believes in true romance!” added Cobalt Kid

“Six wives? Yup, that’s about right for true romance around here…” said Outdoor Miner, cracking up three fresh beers.

The door suddenly began to open.

“ALL RISE!!!” a guard yelled, “THE PRINCESS IS APPROACHING THIS SECTION OF THE ROYAL SPACE CRUISER!!!”

They waited. “Um…can we talk?” asked Actor Lad.

“PLEASE NO TALKING WHILE THE PRINCESS APPROACHES”

“Guess not…” added Kid Vudoo.

“I REPEAT! PLEASE NO TALKING!”

Silence. “Aaaachooo!” yelled Space Ranger, sneezing.

Silence. “Bless you,” said Cobalt Kid

Silence. “Thank you,” replied Space Ranger.

Silence. The guard looked at them.

“Your welcome,” replied Cobalt.

“PLEASE NO TALKING!”

Finally, Princess Tarina entered that part of the cruiser, followed by the other woman, Livia. Tarina, when not trying to kill her enemies in combat, was both elegant and beautiful. Cobalt was the only one of the group who had ever had any real contact with her, and he recognized right away that she was as strong-willed as any that he’d ever met. She was also a bit blinded by her undying love of her planet, which explained why she saw the ongoing three way war with her two race-enemies as the most important thing in her life. The minor fact that Cobalt’s home planet Ggrrgg was one of those other planets in the long three way war explained why she had such a burning hatred for him, even though he had forsaken his home planet long ago.

“…” She stopped short in as she entered the room. “Guards. Leave us,” she began. One looked like he was prepared to protest, but she shot him a look that stopped him cold in his tracks. They left. “Greetings LMBers. I would like to apologize for my reaction before. I am often head-strong and have a temper I cannot control, and seeing Cobalt Kid again reminded me of a battle that I thought our armies should have won but did not.”

“Way to almost cock-block ‘Boot, Cobie,” whispered Outdoor Miner.

“But I have more pressing matters. At home, my people are on the verge of a bloody revolt. I have reason to believe that our hated enemies, the Mind-Flayers have infiltrated our culture and have used their telepathy to push for this revolt. Rumors have begun that if I do not return home with a husband hand in hand, and thus a future for the royal family of my planet, that a planet-wide revolt would occur.”

“Wait a minute,” said Reboot. “The people demand you marry and start working on an heir, but then threaten to kill you if you don’t? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose?”

“Like she said,” said Livia suddenly and crudely, “telepathic urges form our enemies are pushing for this.”

“Hey!” said Kid Vudoo, “that’s your future king right there!”

Livia stared at him. Silence followed.

“I refused to return home for sometime, waiting to see if I could find one to share my life with. I realize that the search is futile. I need to come home immediately, to continue our plans for war. Thus, I need a husband. Of course, I need him to be impressive to the general public of my planet…and Reboot would be the perfect choice.”

“Ah…” the LMB said nodding, to which Cobie added, not nodding, “Reboot would be the perfect choice?”

“Our planet loves and admires technical advancement and considers it the skill we are most proud of,” said Livia, this time in a more calm voice.

Reboot turned to give Cobalt a little smirk.

Cobalt gave him a sarcastic nod back. “Well, Reboot is your man then! When is the wedding?! Let’s get right to it!” he added, suddenly enthusiastic.

“Will it ever end?” said Outdoor Miner to himself.

“Reboot, have you given this much thought?” said Princess Tarina, suddenly acting more soft and allowing the cold act to subside for a minute. “I…I know you haven’t had much time…”

“Well, let me get this strait. You want me to marry you as soon as possible so you can get back to planning more wars with your two enemy planets, where more innocent people will be sent to their deaths by the royal elites of those said three planets?”

“…I see,” replied Princess Tarina.

Silence encompassed the room.

“Well, then if you refuse I will execute those pirates you captured that are aboard this ship, all of the prisoners on my home world and all of the prisoners of war on my various military bases in the universe.”

“Um, Tarina, if I might interrupt,” said Cobalt suddenly, to which Livia shot him a look of pure death. “I happen to know Reboot, and let’s just say that the, um, threatening to execute mass prisoners as a way to win his affection…well…it’s just not the kind of thing he’s into. He likes Care Bears though.”

Tarina looked at Reboot. “Well?”

“He’s right. Well, except about the Care Bear thing…”

“Well, I’m not kidding. And I think I’ll prepare my armies to march on Legion World tomorrow as well. You think I’m a fool for threatening it? I know the power you have there…but I also know the sadness you’ll all feel knowing you could have prevented lives from being wasted so easily if such a war were to occur. Think on that.”

Angrily, the two women left the room.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Recipes for Disaster, LMBers and Weddings

The citizens of Kareesia gathered around the royal palace’s courtyards, trying to catch a view of the ceremony about to begin. Everything looked immaculate, although entirely too technical for those with Terran-related sensibilities. Still, the people were in their most regal clothing and the royal family had come from all over, looking to see if at long last there would be hope for a new generation, since too many of the youngest generation had been killed in this long three way war.

“They sure didn’t waste anytime,” said Kid Vudoo, looking around. It had been fifteen hours. Reboot laughed at Tarina when she left of course, finding it extremely amusing to think she could threaten him into marrying her. As they pondered if the easiest way to get out of this was to have Space Ranger turn the space cruiser into a roller coaster, Cobalt Kid suddenly called the group into a huddle.

“We need to go planet-side. You have to go through with this, ‘Boot.”

“What, are you crazy? Wait, of course you are. I know that. But you’re even crazier to think that I’d go through with it. You’re finding this highly amusing I bet.”

“Well…yeah, but it’s not just that. I’ve...got a plan. But you’re going to need to trust me,” added Cobalt, looking strait at Reboot.

That was fifteen hours or so hours ago and they were planet-side now. Kid Vudoo, Outdoor Miner and Space Ranger had already walked down the isle and were standing on the sides of the altar. There had been almost zero time to prepare for the wedding…it was beyond strange. They knew what the rush was of course, but a few days notice should not have been an issue at all—after all, the people only had to know that the wedding was to occur for the anxiety to abate. There was no reason to move along so speedily at this point, unless Tarina was really as kill-crazy and obsessed as to go want to get back to the war. To hear Cobalt tell it, all three races in the war were, but he was blatantly being hyperbolic in this description, since he obviously had not the slightest care about it. In fact, Tarina seemed to show signs of wishing she could leave the war behind at times…

Actor Lad now began to make his way down the aisle and with the woman Livia arm in arm. She sure seemed like a cold one. Although she tried to pretend to hide it, she was as mean as they came. For her to be the maid of honor obviously meant that she had a large degree of power within the royal court. Actor Lad was Reboot’s best man, which seemed naturally enough. He seemed to really be enjoying this though…the audience probably thought it was because of a love for the spotlight for some reason.

What wasn’t natural was that Cobalt Kid was not allowed to attend the ceremony. Being Ggrrggian, he was not allowed to step foot on Kareesian soil without accepting the role as a prisoner of war, and he refused to do so. So until things were over, he had to wait in the ship.

At last, Reboot made his way down the aisle. He looked somber, but not as somber as one might expect. Of course, knowing full well the plan that they had, Vu realized why. He even thought it was going a little too far when Reboot turned and waved to the crowd, and then picked up a little child on the way in and kissed it’s cheek. Yeah…definitely too far.

Soon, the trumpets began, and Princess Tarina made her way down the aisle. She had no one to give her away, her father long dead and her uncles too distant from her to receive such an honor. Vu thought it was sad in a way, not having anyone to do that for her. She stood proud and strong, although up close he could see that she was utterly exhausted. She must have been on the move strait on through the night and day.

Finally, she reached Reboot. She extended her hand, and he took it.

The minister began, and what he said was a shock:

“People of Kareesia as you bear witness, the act has been done. By taking Princess Tarina’s hand on this altar, as is the custom of our people, Reboot of Legion World had lawfully wed our majesty! Let the rest of the ceremony commence…”

“Um…maybe we should have checked the local customs first?” said Outdoor Miner, realizing that the two newlyweds on stage really did just get married.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

The Enemy Revealed

Suddenly, Actor Lad burst out laughing at the top of his lungs. “Married?! Just by touching hands?”

Livia turned to him, and prepared to slap him right across the face! Suddenly, she held back for some reason. “How dare you?!! How dare you insult her majesty on her wedding day?! If you do not know the customs, then that is your own fault!”

Actor Lad looked up, and the smile returned, although he seemed to be wondering something.

“Oh Boy…” said Outdoor Miner

“Sentient, maybe we should…”

“I take it then, that it is the custom to blackmail the groom into marrying the bride?”

A hush fell over the crowd.

“You bastard…” whispered Tarina. “Reboot is my husband now!”

“Well, um, actually, no, I’m not,” added Reboot. “Well, he’s not, that is.” Suddenly Reboot ripped of his super-mask, to reveal he was not Reboot at all, but Actor Lad! “You see, it’s all in the super-acting!” he smiled!

“What in the world--?!!” began Tarina, “How dare you! You—then who is this?!” she said pointing at the other Actor Lad, who had been slapped by Livia. “No…of course…”

The fake Actor Lad spoke up. “Kid Vudoo here has the power to see things with his eyes that most normal people cannot. In fact, he can see things that really have no physical form, like telepathic emissions for instance. And you know what he didn’t see here on the home planet? Telepathic emissions. There are none. There are no Mind-Flayers influencing your population.”

“What in the world are you talking about, you pig,” said Tarina, fully aware who this was. “And where is Reboot?”

“Reboot is freeing those pirate prisoners, thank you very much. And he’s commandeering your royal ship to make sure they have enough food on their tables I’ll bet.” The fake Actor Lad, continued, pulling off his mask, revealing Cobalt Kid underneath. “The rush to have this wedding, all a waste. Space Ranger flew around all morning at super-speed, listening to any rumors going around. Nothing about revolts or public outcries or anything really…everyone here is happy with the war-mongering royal family. In fact, there was no need to get you home at all. Why then, did someone trick you into coming all the way home and make you think it was so urgent? Who in the world had that kind of influence and power over you, to make you actually think you were needed at home, without you ever giving it a second thought to double-check and make sure your trust in that person was validated?”

Finally, he turned to Livia. “Who indeed?”

“Livia?” asked Tarina.

Livia looked at them all, taking it all in. Finally she smiled. “Tarina, who do you trust? Them…or me?”

Tarina looked like she was hit by a train. “Livia…Livia…not you…” she looked like this might be the final straw for her.

Livia turned to Cobalt. “I was going to slap you before. Do you know why I did not?”

“I noticed that. Not that I’ve ever been slapped by a woman before or anything…”

“Here’s why.” Within micro-seconds, she was on him, at super-speed. He fell back, she went for Tarina. Space Ranger reacted immediately, but it wasn’t enough, she caught them all by surprise. She was a Daxamite.

She hurled some sort of bomb device at Tarina and it exploded on her, letting loose a cascade of energy and light. Tarina fell to the ground, all at once becoming helpless. Outdoor Miner quickly teleported to her side.

Space Ranger battled Livia blow for blow. Livia, smiled and pushed him back. Quickly, she pulled a blaster out of her belt and fired it into the air. Purple fireworks shot up across the sky. “For the Black Sun! All for the Black Sun!” She screamed.

Outdoor Miner yelled, “Help! I need some help here! Actor, Vu, get Reboot on the omni-com ASAP, we need him! I don’t know what this device is…”

She looked up at them. “H-help m-me…” and then suddenly, she turned into solid light and beamed high into the atmosphere out of sight. She was gone.

Space Ranger and Cobalt Kid flew at Livia at full speed, as the Daxamite female flew away into the sky. “Sentient, do not think we will allow you to get away!” he yelled…but it was too late. She was far gone, zipping away ahead of them. Cobalt Kid’s magnetism offered no help and there was no way Outdoor Miner could teleport near them if he tried. Space Ranger had the only shot and she had too much of a head start.

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Mission Two: Failure

The Six Super-Heroes gathered back around, fully aware of a hostile population that was very unhappy with them—and in fact, were placing the full blame on them.

“So a Daxamite warrior infiltrates Tarina’s royal guard, or more accurately, was already a member before being convinced to betray her, so she could get her back planet-side to capture her for some alterior motive?” said Kid Vudoo

“Apparently,” added Outdoor Miner, “and we have no idea what ‘the Black Sun’ is…a person, a group, a who knows?”
“Let’s face it, fellas,” said Actor, “this mission has kinda turned into a bust.”

“It gets worse,” said Reboot joining them. “Check the monitors of the ship that I’ve commandeered. There is some crazy happenings all over the galaxy it appears…”

To Be Continued

Curious? This is only Part 2! More to come in the next 8 parts, with other LMBers, other stories and answers to the mysteries here!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

BTW, here is a pic of Princess Tarina:

-

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.