Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » OneVision: Girl's Night Out - (Image added 08/08/05) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: OneVision: Girl's Night Out - (Image added 08/08/05)
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
“… And I want to thank you again for inviting me to speak today. It was an honor and a pleasure to be here.”

Nodding and smiling to the applauding crowd, Princess Crujectra turned from the podium to move back toward her seat, stopping long enough to shake the hand of the President of the Businesswoman’s Association. The ceremony had gone well enough, but Crujectra was tired and was more than ready to head home to LMBP Plaza. Personal appearances were one of the drawbacks of being a public figure, especially when you are both a super-heroine and a successful businesswoman.

She had begun to wonder how long the meet and greet session might go on when the flight ring on her finger began to gently vibrate. Turning away from the crowd, she raised her hand up before her face. A small hologram formed in the air above her ring: Invisible Brainiac, who was currently on monitor duty back at headquarters.

“Good afternoon, IBSweetie,” the Princess said, smiling at the young man’s image. “To what do I owe this unexpected visit?”

Invisible Brainiac smiled in return. “I hated to interrupt your speaking engagement, but I wondered if you might be available for a little side mission before you return home?”

“You’re a life saver, IB. I’ll owe you big time.”

“I’m counting on it,” he laughed. “Meet Fat Cramer, Arachne and Shadowplay In Candlelight at the main entrance to the Tropica Zone as soon as possible.”

Blowing a kiss at the hologram just as it flickered out, Crujectra turned back toward the President. “I apologize for having to dash off, but Spellbinder is needed across town.” With that, she hurried out of the convention hall.

[ August 08, 2005, 06:11 AM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
The Tropica Zone: One of the many Environmental Habitats of Legion World, this domed area duplicates the planet Tropica, known for its lush vegetation and warm climate. It also is home to a large number of Tropica’s native animal population, including the Bannata Primates – Encyclopedia Galactica, 3005 Edition

“Here she comes now,” Fat Cramer said, her feline eyes focused on a silhouette arching high above the city. Her two companions also looked up to watch the approach of the Psyonian Princess. Swiveling her body around, Spellbinder gracefully landed beside the other women.

“Good afternoon, ladies,” Spellbinder said, tossing her hair back in place after landing. “What’s the situation here?”

Arachne led the women over to the access portal that would give them entry to the Tropica Zone. “Yesterday a United Planets delegate took his family into the Tropica Zone for a little mini-safari. While there, they were attacked by a group of Bannata Primates. The Bannata were armed with phaser rifles.”

“Gorilla gunmen? Since when do the Bannata have firearms?”

“That’s what we’re here to find out, Princess,” Shadowplay In Candlelight said as the quartet stopped before the portal. A small scanning device activated, bathing the heroines in a red light. Within seconds, the scanner deactivated and the access portal slid open. A tinny computerized voice said, “LMBP Priority Status Alpha… Arachne, Fat Cramer, Spellbinder, Shadowplay In Candlelight identified… Access granted.”

The women entered the Zone.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

The four heroines moved cautiously through the trees, eyes open for any sign of danger. Fat Cramer had shifted into her humanoid/feline form, and was using her enhanced senses to scan the area around them. Spellbinder cast outward with her mind, searching for stray thoughts. Shadowplay In Candlelight opened her senses, ready to catch any sense of hostile emotions.

Cramer stopped suddenly, raising a hand to stop the other women.

“Did you spot something, FC?” Arachne asked, stopping next to her friend.

“Not yet, Al,” she replied. “I’m just going to activate my transsuit. This tropical heat is a little overpowering, and I doubt that you guys will want to smell wet fur.”

Spellbinder laughed. “Actually, that’s a really good idea, Cramer. I just had my hair done yesterday, and this heat isn’t doing it any good.”

The four women sent mental commands to their flight rings. Simultaneously, they were surrounded by body-hugging force fields. While the transsuits wouldn’t protect them from attack, they would provide a contained atmosphere that would keep them comfortable in any environment. As their body temperatures returned to normal, they moved forward again.

“Do we know where the party was attacked?” Arachne asked as the heroines moved into a small clearing. Suddenly, the bushes around them were torn apart, and a dozen huge figures leapt into the clearing. The Bannata were tall, at least seven feet, and the were dressed in body armor. Each was carrying a large phaser rifle, and wore grenade belts slung across their shoulders. “Oh, let me guess. Somewhere around… here.”

Fat Cramer looked at the nearest primate, and her nose wrinkled up in distaste. “Ugh. I guess I shouldn’t have worried about how MY fur was going to smell. At least I’m not wearing armor.”

“DO NOT MOVE, LEGIONNAIRES. YOU ARE COMPLETELY SURROUNDED.”

Spellbinder put her hands on her hips, disbelief on her face. “Hel-looo! Armored Gorilla Gunmen wasn’t bizarre enough? Now we have TALKING Armored Gorilla Gunmen? Who’s writing this crap anyways?”

“Actually, that was me.”

[ August 02, 2005, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

From out of the bushes stepped an over-muscled man dressed in combat fatigues. Numerous knives and guns were stuffed in pockets and holsters all over his body, and his face was painted in a variety of colored, creating what was, presumably, intended to be a frightening mask. The Legionnaires didn’t look impressed.

“And just who, or what, are you supposed to be?” Arachne asked.

“I am your worst nightmare come true, girly. I am… The BANNATA COMMANDO!!!”

Arachne looked around as though she were expecting suspenseful music to play. When none sounded, she turned back to the Bannata Commando. “Oooookay then. I suppose that’s better than the Emerald Ass of Ekron.”

Spellbinder rolled her eyes. “The Legion fights the Fatal Five and Darkseid. The LMBP fights Middlefinger and the Banana Commando.”

“That’s… THE BANNATA COMMANDO!” the villain screamed.

“Like it makes a difference. So what’s your story, Monkey Man?”

“I was a sergeant in the Science Police when my mutant powers first manifested. I learned that I had the power to telepathically communicate with primates.” He scowled at Arachne, who was trying not cover her giggle. “Don’t laugh at me, girly!”

Arachne looked at Shadowplay In Candlelight out of the corner of her eye. “One more ‘girly’ out of him and I am so kicking his ass.”

“Anyways… so I learned that I could communicate with primates. Just after that, I was visiting the Tropica Zone when I began talking to the Bannata. I discovered that they were being kept here like zoo animals, forced to be looked at by tourists as though they were freaks! So I vowed to help them get their revenge.” He thrust his ample chest out proudly. “ So I taught them to fight back. I got them weapons, and taught them how to fight. Now they are a finely tuned Freedom Force, who will bring their people out from under mankind’s thumb!”

“Actually, dear, you are a petty thief who learned that he could control primates, and now you are using these poor creatures to help you make it into the big leagues of crime.”

Bannata Commando whirled around to face Spellbinder, a look of shocked disbelief on his face. “How did you…?”

Spellbinder threw back her hair, an annoyed expression on her face. “Hel-looo? ‘The Telepathic Princess of Psyonia.’ Do you not own a holovision set?”

The Commando roared in anger. “Bannata Warriors… ATTACK!” As one, the mind-controlled Bannata moved forward, phasers armed and ready.

[ August 02, 2005, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

“Don’t hurt them, dears,” Shadowplay In Candlelight said as the Legionnaires leaped into action.

Fat Cramer pounced forward, feline eyes locked on the approaching primates. As laser rifles fired, her cat-like reflexes let her leap and roll with a gymnastic grace seldom seen in a humanoid. She easily dodged the laser fire, and when she reached the nearest primate, she somersaulted over it with a feline howl. Landing on it’s back, Cramer lashed out with her claws extended. The claws easily sliced through the fastenings that held the body armor in place. As its armor fell from its body, the Bannata began to turn toward her. Without a pause, Fat Cramer grabbed its arm. Calling upon her LMBP Academy training, she used the creature’s own momentum to send it hurtling into the bushes. She turned toward the next primate, snarling.

Nearby, Spellbinder and Arachne stood poised for action as six of the Bannata rushed toward them, phaser rifles firing. Under Spellbinder’s command, rocks and broken branches flew into the way of the gunfire. The Princess turned to Arachne. “What do you say, Al? The old 1-2?”

“I’m with you, Princess.”

Spellbinder summoned her will, and then lashes out. Her arms sweeping from side to side, her telekinetic fury rained down on the Bannata. One by one they were thrown backward, each one crashing against nearby trees. Without missing a beat, Arachne sent hundreds of strands of psionic force out, weaving mental webbing that wrapped around the primates, lashing them to the trees they had hit. Resisting the urge to high five, they turned to see Fat Cramer standing on a pile of three unconscious primates.

“Well, that’s ten down, two to go… wait, where’s Shady?”

The three heroines spun around. Suddenly they began to laugh. There was Shadowplay In Candlelight, seated demurely upon a nearby rock. The last two Bannata were seated on the ground at her feet, heads resting on Shady’s lap and eyes closed. She looked up at her teammates and shrugged. “What can I say? I have that affect on people.”

“You girlies might have stopped my warriors, but you ain’t gonna stop me!”

Arachne turned toward the Commando, who was rushing forward in anger. “Would you ladies excuse me for a moment? I need to kick a little commando ass.”

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

The heroines watched as the Science Police cruiser flew off, taking the unconscious Bannata Commando into custody. Without his telepathic control, the peaceful Bannata went back to their harmless ways, their guns forgotten in their renewed quest for fruit and berries.

Spellbinder looked at her three teammates and smiled. “You know, ladies, we should work together more often. We make a pretty good team.”

Cramer, who had returned to her fully-humanoid form, stretched. “What say we head on back to Café Cramer for a little caffeine pick me up?”

Spellbinder looked thoughtful a moment. “Tell you what: I’ll meet you there shortly. There’s a certain someone on monitor duty today who I owe a great big hug.”

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

The End [Smile]

For anyone who might not know, Shadowplay In Candlelight is one of the Founding Members of the LMBP, who has empathic-type powers.

For storyline purposes, I gave Fat Cramer the ability to shift from a fully humanoid form (although she always has feline eyes) to a half humanoid/half feline form like the one I gave her in the Project Runway thread.

Hopefully no one minds any creative license I may have taken, and I hope everyone's personality was portraying in an acceptable way [Smile]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoyed! How 'bout a couple of illustrations?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

It could happen, Lashie Poo [Wink]

--------------------

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, that was neat! ^_^ Go team girls!!

And I'm in favor of those illistrations too...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Way to go, Cru! That was a blast. [Smile]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cru, I loved it! You have such a great grasp on the LMB personalities, it's such a blast to read. And I've said it before, but you know how to write an interesting fight scene! (something the comic writers of today should take note of!).

Bannatta Commando...yes, this is a LMB villain that shall be reappearing! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

creating an LMBP villain is hard for me. I lack your sense of the wacky [Wink]

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I consider this a must read, it was really good!

I liked the villain, great interaction between the characters.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
This is a lot of fun! Bannata Commando indeed [LOL]

Great characters, fun plot, four strong women - what can I say but more, more, more!!!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.