Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Magic the Gathering Cards (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion Magic the Gathering Cards
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Inspired by a love for the Legion, Magic the Gathering, and The Marvel Magic project, I started working on a Legion set last year. After making one card, life intruded and I stopped.I just started back up a couple of weeks ago. I'll post a couple at a time. Please let me know what you think.

Apokolips
Click for fullsize image

Bgztl
Click for fullsize image

I'm also showing these at a Magic site for rules/wording critiques, so hopefully they will be playable.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I think they're pretty awesome!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh awesome! Any character ones down the pipeline? I haven't played Magic since like 1995! I think I still have my cards somewhere...

Opps I meant to say I haven't played since '95...I think I got my drivers license so that kinda got in the way [Razz]

[ August 26, 2005, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I used to be a fiend for Magic. I mean fiend. Went to all tournaments in SLC, played at work, and no just on break. A teammate and I would play while working, almost non-stop. Then we'd get a game together at lunch time with two other friends who played. I spent literally thousands of dollars on cards and have a storage shed full of them.

I've really missed play, got away when they started messing with the rules. The same exact reason I stopped playing HeroClix and recently gave up on City of Heroes.

All that being said, Ken, if you came up with a set of Legion cards I'd jump right back in in a heartbeat. And if you made Winath one of the land cards I'd be indebted to you forever! [Lightning Lad - Re-Imagined]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
In fact we've discussed before coming up with a Legion CCG game. Kid Prime had some really good ideas before real life let it fall by the wayside. Maybe we could bring this project back.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I think they're pretty awesome!

Thank you, Luna.

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Oh awesome! Any character ones down the pipeline? I haven't played Magic since like 1995! I think I still have my cards somewhere...

M.E.Lad, yeah, I plan on doing the characters also. I have a total of 13 cards done right now, 15 if you count the two I ended up making into a flip card. 8 lands, 2 artifacts, 1 sorcery, and 2 enchantments. I've decided to try and concentrate on the lands and get them done.

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I used to be a fiend for Magic. I mean fiend. Went to all tournaments in SLC, played at work, and no just on break. A teammate and I would play while working, almost non-stop. Then we'd get a game together at lunch time with two other friends who played. I spent literally thousands of dollars on cards and have a storage shed full of them.

I've really missed play, got away when they started messing with the rules. The same exact reason I stopped playing HeroClix and recently gave up on City of Heroes.

All that being said, Ken, if you came up with a set of Legion cards I'd jump right back in in a heartbeat. And if you made Winath one of the land cards I'd be indebted to you forever! [Lightning Lad - Re-Imagined]

Winath will be one of the lands. [Wink] And if you still fiend for Magic, check out Magic Workstation. That, a scanner, and Photoshop are what I'm using to make the cards.

[ August 27, 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: kenaustin ]

--------------------

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

next two cards.

Durla
Click for fullsize image

Shanghalla
Click for fullsize image

Back to looking for art for Braal, Brainy's Lab, and Takron Galtos/Labyrinth.

[ August 27, 2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: kenaustin ]

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Great additions Ken. And I love the way the artwork meshes with the card design, like it was originally drawn for the cards. Excellent work.

If you need any Legion images all you have to do is ask. I already have almost every Legion appearance ever scanned and stored on an external hard drive. It would only take me a few minutes to upload something for you if you had the reference.

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are great, the Durla card is really nice.

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

quote:
...If you need any Legion images all you have to do is ask. I already have almost every Legion appearance ever scanned and stored on an external hard drive. It would only take me a few minutes to upload something for you if you had the reference.

Thanks Lightning Lad. Jealous does not convey the feeling...envy maybe. [Wink] That must have been a real labor of love getting all of those scanned in.

quote:

Thank you Luna. What you do is really great. Your Micros amaze me. Yours is art, mine is basically hackery.

--------------------

kenaustin

Next two...

Braal
Click for fullsize image

And for Lightning Lord... Winath
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Tempest
Enchantress

quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
quote:

Thank you Luna. What you do is really great. Your Micros amaze me. Yours is art, mine is basically hackery.
Aww, I love you!

But seriously, I'm loving this it's really great!

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
quote:
...If you need any Legion images all you have to do is ask. I already have almost every Legion appearance ever scanned and stored on an external hard drive. It would only take me a few minutes to upload something for you if you had the reference.

Thanks Lightning Lad. Jealous does not convey the feeling...envy maybe. [Wink] That must have been a real labor of love getting all of those scanned in.
Wish I could take credit for all of them but some of them have come from 'sharing' scans with other collectors.

And I love the use of the orbital tower for Legion Worlds #2 for Winath.

Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! I too was a M:TG fan, and one of my cloests friends still goes to tournaments, and I think is one of the Top 20 players in Australia.
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I too lost interest with Magic with their fourth or fifth expansion, and their subsequent massive changes to rules that saw all my cards out of date and 'not tournament legal' or some nonsense...
Plus then I think I had my most valuable ones wrapped up in a silk cloth that fell into my washing one day, and suddenly hundreds of dollars of valuable Psionic Blasts, Dopplegangers and Clones (I was a Blue player through and through) were rendered into a pulpy mass. And maybe that was for the best. [Wink]
The cards are awesome, Ken! Have you worked out the 'stats' for a full set yet, or are you just making them up as you go?
My requests are a Star Boy card (with powers something like 'tap Star Boy and X land - not sure what type of land - to tap X other cards' maybe) and an Xs card... Dream Girl (tap Dream Girl to force opponent to show their hand, or maybe add an X land factor for the number of cards to see?) might be fun too... [Smile]

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
"Tap Matter-Eater Lad and X land to eat (destroy) one artifact!" heh heh heh...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.