Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Legion Magic the Gathering Cards (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion Magic the Gathering Cards
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
...And I love the use of the orbital tower for Legion Worlds #2 for Winath.

That was the first book I looked for a Winath picture, and I really liked it for the card, plus it wasn't hard to clean up. If you can think of another picture (thats not too hard to clean [Smile] ) please let me know.

quote:
Originally posted by Star Boy:
Awesome! I too was a M:TG fan, and one of my cloests friends still goes to tournaments, and I think is one of the Top 20 players in Australia.
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I too lost interest with Magic with their fourth or fifth expansion, and their subsequent massive changes to rules that saw all my cards out of date and 'not tournament legal' or some nonsense...
Plus then I think I had my most valuable ones wrapped up in a silk cloth that fell into my washing one day, and suddenly hundreds of dollars of valuable Psionic Blasts, Dopplegangers and Clones (I was a Blue player through and through) were rendered into a pulpy mass. And maybe that was for the best. [Wink]
The cards are awesome, Ken! Have you worked out the 'stats' for a full set yet, or are you just making them up as you go?
My requests are a Star Boy card (with powers something like 'tap Star Boy and X land - not sure what type of land - to tap X other cards' maybe) and an Xs card... Dream Girl (tap Dream Girl to force opponent to show their hand, or maybe add an X land factor for the number of cards to see?) might be fun too... [Smile]

Ouch! I lost a Vesuvan almost the same way! I have 20 lands I want to make, and approx. 50 other cards, not including legionnaires, written down. I had thought of a similar idea for Dream Girl and also Naltor, but with looking at the top X cards in an opponents library. I like your Starboy idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
"Tap Matter-Eater Lad and X land to eat (destroy) one artifact!" heh heh heh...

[Smile] I actually have that for Matter-Eater Lad.
"2,T: Destroy target artifact."

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Next two.

Titan
Click for fullsize image

Trom
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

Next two.

Colu and Talok VIII
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
these are amzing please pitch these...to somebody...for real.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
These are great, I really like that Talok VIII, you are a great visionary.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

quote:
Originally posted by disaster boy:
these are amzing please pitch these...to somebody...for real.

Thanks disaster boy. I wish I could, but they're just for fun.

quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
These are great, I really like that Talok VIII, you are a great visionary.

You are way too kind, Luna...thanks.

--------------------

kenaustin

The next two. Time Institute was a bear getting done.

Time Institute and a flip card...Zerox

And the two cards i made into the flip Zerox
Archmage and Zerox

--------------------

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! Are flip cards a new Magic card invention? When I was a player I don't we had any of these fancy flip cards!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
Cool! Are flip cards a new Magic card invention? When I was a player I don't we had any of these fancy flip cards!

Sorry MELad. I haven't been here in, whoa...2 weeks!

Flip cards are a mechanic that was introduced in the current block of Magic, the Kamigawa block. Although there are only "Creature to Legendary Creature", and "Legendary Creature to Legendary Enchantment" flip cards, I felt it was the best way to represent Zerox.

--------------------

kenaustin

Two new lands.

Medicus One and Orando

I'm waiting on the balance/wording verdict for Orando, so it might change a little.

Here are a few Artifacts I've been working on.

Anywhere Machine and Flight Ring

Miracle Machine and Nightrobe and Visor

If anyone has a better picture of the Miracle Machine than my doctored up version, I'd be VERYwilling to change it. [Wink]

Gotta catch up on two weeks worth of reading posts starting tomorrow...just in time for issue #10.

edit - I put the wrong land up.
edit2 - New Miracle Machine pic thanks to Final Crisis 6.

[ February 11, 2009, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: kenaustin ]

--------------------

kenaustin

About 10 new cards this time.

Two Enchantments.
Long Live the Legion and World Prison

Two Sorceries.
Powersphere Explosion and Superboy's Crisis

[ December 22, 2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: kenaustin ]

--------------------

kenaustin

Three Multi-Colored.
Acrobatic Maneuver, Batch SW6, and Infinite Man

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

kenaustin

And my first Legionnaires.

Blok, and Bouncing Boy

Brainiac 5, and Chameleon Boy

--------------------

kenaustin

Chemical King , and Colossal Boy

Currently waiting on rulings for Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, and Dream Girl.

Duo Damsel/Triplicate Girl, Element Lad, and Ferro Lad are next in line.

--------------------

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
love the Bouncing Boy card!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.