Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Back To School Collection (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Back To School Collection
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
School's in! Post creative work featuring Legion Academy Students and Legion Cadets (DNA era) starting September 1st! A partial list of students joining us this semester:
Power Boy
Night Wind
Laurel Kent
Lamprey
Shadow Kid
visiLad
Karate Kid II
Westerner
Crystal Kid
Mandalla
Comet Queen
Babbage
Retro
Amp Girl
Infectious Lass
Nightwind
Floating Foxlike Creature Boy
Cannus
Brawler
Tomb

We love brand new submissions (stories, poems, prose, novels, paintings, drawings, photomanips, action figures, statues, busts, micros, etchings, etc.) but we certainly want your existing work posted in the galleries too! Come join us all month long starting on the 1st for the shindig!

Go here to vote for the next gallery:
Click here to vote!

Go here to view past galleries:
The Swimsuit Collection
The Royal Wing of Princess Projectra
The L Word Wing (Leeta 87 & The Lallorians)
The Hate Face / Love Karate Kid Wing
The Gallery of the Legion of Super-Villains
The Chemical King and White Witch Wing
Cupid's Wing - The Couples Gallery
The WaK Wing - On Deck Circle
The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
The Halloween Gallery
The Gim Gallery
The Substitute-Heroes Collection
The Founders' Wing
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luorno Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

- The Curatorial Staff of the Museum of Legion Arts

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidMarvel (Bunny)   Email KidMarvel (Bunny)         Edit/Delete Post     
Okey doke...I have a heap of stuff for this gallery, but first can I get some image refs? from the Annual (was it an annual?) with Cannus, Brawler and Tomb (the first appearence of reboot academy)...ANNND any appearence by Westerner and Mandala? PLEEEEEEASE? thanks. J.

--------------------
And therein lies the game my hard nippled friend

From: Newcastle Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
One of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen in comics was Laurel Kent's, as drawn by Mike Grell in her debut story. Now, I'm not trying to say I'm on Grell level, but, I am very pleased with how this sketch turned out....
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I love your work on the eyes! Esp. the lashes, its fabulash!

Here's the real reason Power Boy didn't make the team
 -
Poor lad, with that get-up, I always thought he was colorblind...

[ September 17, 2006, 03:21 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Joey, I don't know what issues they'd be in but I did find this with micro costume details:
http://ratsnest.of-the-night.com/legion2.html

isn't that someone here's website by any chance?

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
I love your work on the eyes! Esp. the lashes, its fabulash!

Here's the real reason Power Boy didn't make the team
 -
Poor lad, with that get-up, I always thought he was colorblind...

Proof postive that he is straight?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Love your picture of Laurel Dean, you rawk! Poor old Jed Rikane, he had a cool name, nice boots, hard as the proverbial outside loo and never shown any real respect. Also, was Jed ever shown to be gay? Great picture though, he looks young and cocky and just ripe for TWolf to trip up [Big Grin]

BTW How do I link my Subs ii story thread to this one? It's all about Berta Harris so it would qualify wouldn't it?

[ September 02, 2005, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Mmm... you guys rokk!! Hardcore. [Love] Seriously. It's yummy stuff!!

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

quote:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
Love your picture of Laurel Dean, you rawk! Poor old Jed Rikane, he had a cool name, nice boots, hard as the proverbial outside loo and never shown any real respect. Also, was Jed ever shown to be gay? Great picture though, he looks young and cocky and just ripe for TWolf to trip up [Big Grin]

BTW How do I link my Subs ii story thread to this one? It's all about Berta Harris so it would qualify wouldn't it?

Thanks kids! To link I think in the "Full Reply Form" you can use the "URL" button to create a link to the post/thread of your choice. You can also copy n' paste if you feel so inclined...
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
MEL, you so funny and talented!

Dean, she's stunning!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Great work guys!

And I highly recommend Harbi's Subsii story. I haven't finished it myself, [Embarrassed] (sorry B!) but what I've read has been great!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks MEL for the tip!

Here's my first addition to this wing - it's a story I wrote a few months ago about Berta Harris, hope you enjoy! Subs ii

Bxx

[ September 03, 2005, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KidMarvel (Bunny)   Email KidMarvel (Bunny)         Edit/Delete Post     
As I think Ive mentioned elsewhere, Legionnaires #1 was my introduction to the Legion. So, as a tribute to that issue, my first submission to this gallery is Academy student Cera Kesh, who goes by the moniker of TK Click for fullsize image

From the files of Shvaughn Erin:

.....In terms of sheer power Cera has the potential to become one of the most powerful Legionnaires, however she is currently using the bulk of her power to telekenetically keep her body in shape. Hopefully, with time Cera will overcome her body issues (as heaven knows we all have them) and begin to see her full potential as a..............

--------------------

From: Newcastle Australia | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Substitute

Originally Cera's costume had a little blue mini-cape...but I decided against it. meanwhile, I think that its quite possible that TK was my first ever Legion design...the only other difference is that her insignia wasnt in interlac.

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Here's Crystal Kid before he was redesigned by Giffen...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.