Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 21st Century Legion: CHAT THREAD (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: 21st Century Legion: CHAT THREAD
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

However, don't take this as me rushing you by any means! I think it will just flow better that way. I realize of course that life can get a bit busy. [Big Grin]

Thanks for waiting - can't wait to see your conclusion.

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Aaannndd AGDtD is done. Still got "Beast War" [the Academy story] to do, though.

Love your wrap-up, Boot. Action flows along really well, and I give two thumbs up to the way you wrote Zoe, Jazmin, Jenni, Brek and the rest. You've given me a new appreciation for Pol (Paul)and Thom.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

By the way, when Kid Quantum is handed over to me I'll change her code name to "Kairos" - Greek for "the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment)."

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, sorry about leaving BW for so long. Fact is, I've hit the writer's block wall for a while...

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Love your wrap-up, Boot. Action flows along really well, and I give two thumbs up to the way you wrote Zoe, Jazmin, Jenni, Brek and the rest. You've given me a new appreciation for Pol (Paul)and Thom.

Ta [Smile]

quote:
By the way, when Kid Quantum is handed over to me I'll change her code name to "Kairos" - Greek for "the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment)."

ANCIENT Greek [Razz]

quote:
Ye Font of All Trivial Knowledge (follow the disambig link there for some other uses)
Kairos (καιρός) is an ancient Greek word meaning the right or opportune moment (the supreme moment)... [it] also means weather in both ancient and modern Greek.

Curious as to the reasoning for KQ2 adopting it [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:

Jazmin isn't the type to care what other people think, but:

a) Spark mentioned her codename being silly
b) I'll have Kid Quantum be the code name her brother James wanted to adopt, and even Jazmin herself finds it clunky!
c) Maybe a convo with Spark/Polarity on choosing their own names

Personal reasons - make our Legion a bit more "global", which is why I chose "Amihan" for Nightwind and "Hygeia" for Infectious Lass [Wink]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I'm almost done with the current Act. I've wrapped up the battles with Amazon/Wildfire and Shifter/Element Lad. Just need 1-2 posts each for Amihan/Rebound and Hygeia/Quislet.

Snuck in a mention for Shifter being able to reach Cos' team too.

Apologies, I haven't been able to dress the writing up. Just want to keep things simple and fast [Big Grin]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Enjoying your posts, IB!

And 'Boot, sorry to hear about the writers block! I've been there before. Maybe IB should just do the post where the 'transfer of characters' takes place, letting you focus on the Academy?

I've still got my posts ready to go to bring us to the conclusion but think it's better if I wait entirely for now before I start back up again (rather than posting a little now, then a little later).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:

Jazmin isn't the type to care what other people think, but:

a) Spark mentioned her codename being silly
b) I'll have Kid Quantum be the code name her brother James wanted to adopt, and even Jazmin herself finds it clunky!
c) Maybe a convo with Spark/Polarity on choosing their own names

Personal reasons - make our Legion a bit more "global", which is why I chose "Amihan" for Nightwind and "Hygeia" for Infectious Lass [Wink]

On (a), Spark's like that with everyone! [if KQ2 switched to "Kairos", the first thing she'd do is google it. And the second would be to sing the Dodo's "I never never ever do a thing about the weather for the weather never ever does a thing for me" song from Alice in Wonderland until Jazmin's head exploded! (That, or do a faux televangalist thing, since the name is used by a bunch of evangelical Christian groups!).]

And on (c), neither Ella nor Paul originally chose their codenames - all the Workforce's codenames were focus-grouped by McCauley & co (they just kept them going when they transferred to the Legion on a "that's what everyone else would call them anyway" basis. Laurel, OTOH, will never EVER call herself Andromeda again!)

And on the "global" front... KQ2's not [Ancient] Greek, nor has anything to do with Greece, surely?

quote:
And 'Boot, sorry to hear about the writers block! I've been there before. Maybe IB should just do the post where the 'transfer of characters' takes place, letting you focus on the Academy?

Oh, I had that mostly done anyway (posted now) and was waiting for iB to post readiness. The Academy story... well, the stuff I said in my PM still holds, and I'm also having more general trouble getting into that headspace - for that set of characters - right now.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

No, KQ ha no Greek origins. But I've been trying to write these Legionnaires as taking seriously the "be an ambassador to the world" aspect of the team's mission (plus I couldn't find any good African words related to time [Wink] ). Similar to Hygeia - she doesn't have anything to do wih Greece either.

Re Spark and Polarity, didn't think of it that way. I'll just have Jazmin choose "Kairos" just cause she likes it better [Razz]

re Academy story, take your time. And thanks for handing them off to me!

quote:
[QB]Enjoying your posts, IB!

QB]

Thanks! They're totally not my best work, but I like having them up. I'll probably polish the prose later on.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

By the way Boot, what powers does Starboy have? Mass-induction; he doesn't have full gravity manipulation powers or the Kryptonian powers as well?

--------------------

Reboot

quote:
By the way Boot, what powers does Starboy have? Mass-induction; he doesn't have full gravity manipulation powers or the Kryptonian powers as well?

Actually, Starboy (no space) does have gravity-manipulation powers, although he's more practised with the "heavy" end of his powers. No Kryptonian powers, though.

[And note that his name's in reference to the stars on the Australian flag [Smile] ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I noticed the lack of space, now I know it refers to the flag. Nice touch [Wink]

E-Lad's transmutation, Kinetix's TK, Jazmin's time manipulation, Starboy's gravity powers, Berta's wind powers, Blizzard's ice powers and Wildfire's anti-energy... the Legion's getting quite powerful!

--------------------

Reboot

Still trying to work on finishing BW as I feel able, but in the meantime, I was at LSCC last weekend, and got 21CL Spark & Trinity sketches done while I was there [Smile] [I asked another guy for a 21CL Cos, but he didn't get to it before the con finished]

-
 -

*also picked up a postboot Umbra, and is meant to be getting a comics-Sofia - that the artist had started but not finished - through the post. Will find the right thread to post them when the Winddancer arrives [Smile] *

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome! That's so cool! Love the action-posed Trinity!

And the Spark drawing fits right in with your characterization of her, 'Boot.

(PS - hope the writer's block starts to wear off!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Love the art, 'Boot. Those are awesome costumes, and I especially love the coat on Trinity.

As for me, I have a plot outline for my last acts. I just need the time (and I guess discipline) to actually write. We've got a ton of ongoing projects right now [Frown]

--------------------

Reboot

Posted BW part 4 of (hopefully!) 5 last night.

*blames Shikari again for all the trouble he's been having with this one!*

On the character at the end, she previously appeared briefly in two posts
back in 2005. And, yes Cobalt, she's the one I said in PM8 we'd discussed at length before - check PM3 for that [Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.