Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » 21st Century Legion: CHAT THREAD (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: 21st Century Legion: CHAT THREAD
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Likewise! And sounds great.

And no worries for any waiting--we've all been able to take our time here and that's been effective, I think, in letting us stay true to our vision.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Nice finale, 'Boot [Big Grin] I could "see" the action as it was going along - and nice work utilizing all the students you'd picked. Love the reveal at the end too!

I'm not quite done yet, so I'm glad you posted.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Yeah, I also loved the conclusion to the Academy story 'Boot. (I was able to get a nice preview beforehand and gave my thoughts then--all complimentary which should be obvious to others reading).

For someone who says they don't like writing fight scenes, you always do a great job on them IMO!

Thanks for the compliments. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Working on the end right now! Sorry guys, and thanks for waiting. Cobie, I'll PM you when I'm done so you know you can start right away. Can't wait to see what YOU have planned!

Actually, I just looked over the timeline the other day and realised there's something relating to the BW ending that I intended to be part of the aftermath, but I'll actually need to tell it *within* the EW timeframe or I'll end up telling it in flashback!

It can definitely wait until iB's finished though. Like I said, I don't want to split his posts unnecessarily [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't believe I have just discovered this! Awesome work, you guys! I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do, but it's very accessible! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Actually, I just looked over the timeline the other day and realised there's something relating to the BW ending that I intended to be part of the aftermath, but I'll actually need to tell it *within* the EW timeframe or I'll end up telling it in flashback!

It can definitely wait until iB's finished though. Like I said, I don't want to split his posts unnecessarily [Smile]

Thanks Boot [Big Grin] I'm working on the ending now, whew. I actually have the first part of the final post up as a placeholder so I can work on it even whem I'm not on my home PC!

quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I can't believe I have just discovered this! Awesome work, you guys! I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do, but it's very accessible! [Smile]

Wow, thanks razsolo [Big Grin] And here we were beginning to think we three were the only ones reading the story!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Almost done, guys! Just have to wrap up the post later tonight. Off to do chores first, but I WILL finish my part tonight!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

And I'm done with everything, including the epilogue. Whew!

I might go back and check for grammar, spelling, and rewrite some parts to make the writing flow better, but there won't be any changes to the plot.

Go ahead, gents! [Wink] And thanks for waiting!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Woo-hoo! Great stuff, Ibby! Zoe has really emerged as your star character--you write her fantastic, and I want to keep reading your interpretation of her. Also, I really like the idea of a Blizzard / Zoe romance, which you slyly hinted at!

I will now begin the final chapters of Earth War, of which there are nine. Probably 2 a day except on weekends, so I'll be done by next week. I wrote these back in Nov / Dec so if anything for whatever reason does not match up perfectly, just PM me and let me know if I need to make a quick fix.

'Boot, you indicated you had another bit to add in *during* EW (not after). I'm going to get started today with two posts for the final chapter but you can add in your bit wherever you need. I will not do the final few chapters until you post it.

When its over, we can discuss and hammer out the epilogues to have in place, and then take a deep breath. [Big Grin]

BTW, I also wrote out about 15-20 more posts following Earth War for my next series of short stories. I guess I got a little out of control in December. [Cool]

[ May 29, 2012, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks, Cobie! When I "created" Blizzard and Rebound, I intended them to be representations of me as a high-schooler. Hence Rebound's path to self-confidence, and Blizzard's awkwardness at love. As of now, Kinetix remains blissfully oblivious BUT does think fondly of Blizzard.

Love your latest post - can't wait to see whether Sara will make good on her decision! Inserting the magic users (nice shout out to Dragonmage) was great, and I love your lineup. Wonder if them being all female will make Mordru underestimate them?

Inspires me to write a short story with an all-girl team touring Southeast Asia (Amihan, Hygeia, Kinetix, maybe Violet...)

I don't have any epilogues planned, but I can't wait for that discussion. I don't think I have any loose ends that need to be addressed right away, but something this epic almost requires a major reunion scene with all the survivors!

And I think we discussed reviewing the list of active Legionnaires, right? [Razz]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Glad you like it! The all-female telepathic circle has always been front and center in my mind. The fact that they are all female and childhood friends--with tensions between them as they aged--is just too cool to not focus on. I've been planning this sequence since like 2005!

Love the idea for the short story!

I have a complete and updated Roll Call / Roster ready to be posted as soon as Earth War ends! As for who will actually be on the roster, well, I'm adding 7 Legionnaires. [Big Grin] But we do have some ideas on how to proceed from here that we've been tossing around...

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, I'm behind on my reading - it's been a stressful week, and it's not over yet - but just to clear one thing up...

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
'Boot, you indicated you had another bit to add in *during* EW (not after). I'm going to get started today with two posts for the final chapter but you can add in your bit wherever you need. I will not do the final few chapters until you post it.

It's one epilogue chapter for Acad L: BW - albeit roping in most of the LSHers I held on to after AGDtD. I was going to do it as part of the aftermath, as I said - but in-universe it needs to happen within a couple of days of the end of the Academy siege and EW's going on longer than that, so it needs to happen before EW ends.

The way things are going here though, it may be the weekend before I get a chance to do it. We'll see [Smile]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Cobie, that all-female circle has fascinated me since you first introduced it. [Big Grin]

Can't wait to see how you deal with the fallout, plus the revelation about their attacker, 'Boot. Here's hopig your week gets better.

Re Legionnaires, I'm not adding anyone nor am I dropping anyone. Although I worked with several, the ones that are truly "mine" are:

Kinetix
Flash (XS)
Rebound (Bouncing Boy)
Blizzard (Polar Boy)
Kid Quantum (Jazmin)
Amazon (Monstress)
Amihan (Nightwind)
Hygeia (Infectious Lass)
Wildfire

so that's 9.

Re Kid Quantum, if I do change her codename like I mentioned before, I'll do it later on [Razz] Couldn't think of a good way to insert it into Earthwar.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

WOW. Gotta say, Atmos' death took me by surprise - and I almost felt sorry for the guy. He's a lot more likable in 21st C.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Glad you felt that way! I was hoping it would have that effect.

Put up another post today and have three more long ones to go which will bring us to the conclusion. We're almost there!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
So today I posted the finale of Earth War. I hope you guys like it--I have to admit, it was a pretty emotional experience writing it, and then just now rereading it / editing it for corrections.

I also posted the first Epilogue, which deals directly with the characters I was using throughout Earth War.

I figure now would be a good time for either of you to do any epilogues you want to do for specific characters you included.

I have 1 more epilogue planned that is mainly just 'catch-all' follow-ups on the various other characters I used that are not Legionnaires (Veilmist, etc.)

I know 'Boot and I spoke about him doing the RJ Brande funeral epilogue post, and so that could come whenever you want it.

I then have a final brief epilogue post that I wrote up to bring a total conclusion to Earth War and we can move on.

I'm really blown away by the scope of the project and well it worked with the three of us doing our own interconnected stories. It's been a ton of fun!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Also, 'Boot knows this but I don't think you do, IB. I have a ton of stories I've already written for the immediate post-Earth War Legion. If its okay, I'd like to post them once we get the epilogues done.

Until you returned to full time posting (yay! again) I had intended to just take the reigns of the massively sized Legion and do a bunch of stories with them. Now I'm thinking perhaps I get those pre-written stories done, and then let's talk about where we go from here.

'Boot and I have some really good, obvious really, ideas on how to handle the massive roster. It could let you carve out your characters for the story you have planned. You may have an in-story reason, but if not, we can work in what we were discussing.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.