Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Suncat's LSH works (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Suncat's LSH works
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Suncat, your work is phenominal. So many great pics, but this one is my favorite:

quote:
Originally posted by Suncat:
Oops! Forgot one when I was posting my earlier works yesterday.

-

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Done for the Legion of Superboys thread.

-

[ July 02, 2011, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: Suncat ]

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Another for the Legion of Superboys.

-

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

-

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

mon-el73
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mon-el73   Email mon-el73         Edit/Delete Post     
Laurie, you artwork maniac! [Drool]
Wish I could churn out the stuff as consistently as you do!
Keep 'em flyin!

From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

But ... but I feel so *slow* compared to people like Dean!

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
D'OH!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Believe me -- we all feel slow compared to Dean - he's a sketchin' MACHINE!!!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Love you guys!

Hey, I actually slowed down and began inking an Andromeda sketch I did a while ago. In fact, I've done LOTS of Andromeda sketches that I've never shown before, including plenty of her in the very popular Mon-El like costume. Anyway, as soon as I finish inking it, I'll take my time and color it too.

Laurie, I've said it before and I say it again... I'm glad you're here and I'm glad your gallery is growing!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Hmmm... I'd expected to go to the Andy/Shady gallery and find a new DrakeB3004 piece.... Didn't see it yet....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Suncat
Field Researcher

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Love you guys!

Hey, I actually slowed down and began inking an Andromeda sketch I did a while ago. In fact, I've done LOTS of Andromeda sketches that I've never shown before, including plenty of her in the very popular Mon-El like costume. Anyway, as soon as I finish inking it, I'll take my time and color it too.

Yay! As fun as it is to see the sheer volume of your sketches, your careful, finished works are always welcome too.

quote:

Laurie, I've said it before and I say it again... I'm glad you're here and I'm glad your gallery is growing!

Aw, thanks, I'm glad to be here too. It's wonderful to find another community of Legion fans. It's especially nice to not be the oldest person present! I am, at one of the other online communities that I'm very active at.

[ November 18, 2005, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Suncat ]

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Suncat
Field Researcher

quote:
Originally posted by mon-el73:
Beautiful, and all the imagery (I don't know if you like Steve Lightle, but I hope you take this as a compliment when I say, if he ever thought about his legacy, it's in good hands--- love the mon-el, dream girl, shadow lass artwork!)and ideas
evoke a lot of creative thought. Apologies for being an ignoramus, but the Utena selection has such an apparently rich history that I'm unfortunately not familiar with. Hope to see more! literally more power, Suncat!
Um, links to your other art?

I adore Steve Lightle's work. And it's actually thanks to him that I wound up here. He made a nice comment about the "reboot Projectra" piece, and told me about his ArtPost list. There, I met Dean (SketchLad). Eventually Dean told us about LegionWorld. And finally, I have time to participate here too.

As Tempest said, if you find the "Utena" story, start it at the beginning. And be aware that the "Utena" movie is actually rather different. All of my Utena fanwork is based off the TV series.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Suncat
Field Researcher

Sketched out some more characters for my "Legion of the Rose" LSH/Utena fusion. Here's Shiori Takatsuki, the "shrinking violet" of this Legion.

-

-

-

[ November 29, 2009, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Suncat ]

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

mon-el73
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mon-el73   Email mon-el73         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Sketched out some more characters for my "Legion of the Rose" LSH/Utena fusion. Here's Shiori Takatsuki, the "shrinking violet" of this Legion.

That middle sketch of Vi...
[Love] beautiful! Where are all your sketch lines?!! I could never sketch this cleanly to save my life! I'm so jealous... [Drool]
And it's not just the neatness; she's really pretty in this one, coupled with that far-away look. Sigh!

From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

quote:
Originally posted by mon-el73:
quote:

That middle sketch of Vi...
[Love] beautiful! Where are all your sketch lines?!! I could never sketch this cleanly to save my life! I'm so jealous... [Drool]
And it's not just the neatness; she's really pretty in this one, coupled with that far-away look. Sigh!

It's true, I said "sketched". But you saw correctly that the non-colored one was more of a finished pencil drawing. I took more time to clean that one up. So don't go feeling like this was the rough sketch!

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.