Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Suncat's LSH works (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Suncat's LSH works
mon-el73
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mon-el73   Email mon-el73         Edit/Delete Post     
Sketch or not, Laurie, it's a moody yet beautiful look for Vi. And the lines flow smoothly enough to give that raw "sketchy" look.
Keep the faith, Sistuh!!

From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
With time off from work for the holidays, had a chance to do a little drawing. Here's linework of Projectra. This was submitted at the OekakiCentral Coloring Book at http://www.oekakicentral.com/coloringbook/, which is why it's just linework right now. Once it's approved, I'll post a color version.

-

And if anyone here wants to color it, feel free. I'm afraid that the limits of oekaki produce a rather small image.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. That's great!

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW...just...WOW.

I love them all, but the Jeckie in blue and Nura reflecting on the bed are my favorites.

AWESOME stuff.

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mon-el73
new

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mon-el73   Email mon-el73         Edit/Delete Post     
Incredible work laurie! A worthy start for a new year... if this is any indication I think we can expect a leap in the look of your stuff. The details in your art are coming together wonderfully. [Cool]
From: Philippines | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Another from Scott Johnson's Hems and Hers, Cosmic Miss:

-

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

I think I never posted this here because it's intended as a study for a painting. But as the painting still hasn't been done, here's the pencils:

-

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, you are certainly a talent!

Beautiful work!
[Smile]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I somehow managed to overlook this thread before (which is not suprising as it had been inactive since 2006), but wow! What a discovery!

I particularly like the two Tasmia drawings on Page 1. The first, with its moonshot, is wonderfully designed, and the second is very moody.

A belated thanks for sharing these, Suncat.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Gorgeous work!

Will you be posting anything from the three-year gap? I'd love to see more.

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Just noticing this thread for the first time. I love 'Eggplant Girls' costume (especially the one with the tiger stripes)! Ayla looks amazing in the costume designed for the Utena character, that gold lightning epaulet-thingie is very cool.

The pencil work is pretty amazing, too, on Saturn Girl up there.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

quote:
Originally posted by Space Cadet:
Gorgeous work!

Thanks, to all.
quote:
Will you be posting anything from the three-year gap? I'd love to see more.
The problem is, you see, there isn't anything from the three-year gap to post. I dropped out of fandom due to unfortunate family issues, and I didn't draw hardly at all. But, issues have been resolved, and I've been slowly returning to various activities and communities. It was so nice to come back here and find LegionWorld still going strong.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to hear about the issues, glad to hear they're resolved, looking forward to more of your art, it's excellent.

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
SWEET JEBUS UTENA AND THE LEGION.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Yeah, I've been a bad girl and been away for too long.

Today I was doing some housecleaning on my hard drive and ran across these two old drawings which I'd never uploaded before. These were based on the 1990s Re-Boot era, when Princess Projectra (as a human) and Dream Girl were not active characters in the Legion. These were my thoughts on what uniforms they might have had, given the LSH styles of the day.

Jeckie, Princess Projectra:

-

Nura Nal, Dream Girl:

-

Both done as sketch on paper, scanned, digitally colored in Painter.

Yes, I did do another painting of Jeckie in this costume, which you can see here.

[ March 05, 2011, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Suncat ]

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.