Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Barry Kitson inspired Legion designs (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Barry Kitson inspired Legion designs
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
hey guys going to post some micros similiar to Barry's latest version but with some alterations here and there. First up Element Lad...great costume but don't like the current colors. Think something like this may be better.
 -

[ October 18, 2005, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Jorg-EM ]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
 -  -  -

First one is a take of the Kitson's alternate costume sketches for Colossal Boy. I may like it better than the costume CB has. But it seems like more of a pain to draw month after month. Then I added some head gear. I don't know I felt CB may be missing something...I've always liked his head gear.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

Here is a combination of the costumes. Added the belt from the alternate sketch to the current costume CB has. Took off his logo of growing cubes. Added some head gear.

I WILL find the right combination. The alternate sketch may look cooler but may not be as practical.

RE: Headgear. I miss it. plus with all the brown heads...may be a good idea. [Wink]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-  -  -  -  -

Jeckie looked really cool with the veil a couple issues ago. Reminded me of her most interesting days as Sensor Girl. Did a few combinations...but I think I may go with an old school black veil next cause it may look better than all of these.

A masked female will make her more interesting...and stand out. If she was "blind" as in her eyes covered it would really make her stand out.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

btw, I didn't make the original micro of Jeckie. My friend Rat did. I just altered with the masks.

(http://ratsnest.of-the-night.com/)Rat's website to give him is props. He is really talented. I'm just an X and O's guy. [Smile]

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome E-Lad color scheme! I like the top row middle Jeckie best. Since you're such a big Matter-Eater Lad fan, why not do a Kitson era M-E Lad [Razz]
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Ya know the M-E Lad costume (original) already has a Kitson feel to it. [Wink]

But I may do ME Lad. Or atleast the spanish version Devourer!

I made the Shiar Imperial Guardsmen version of M-E Lad. heh.

[ October 19, 2005, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Jorg-EM ]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

Johnny Patches micro maker made this. It's Titan the Shiar Imperial Guard parallel to Colossal Boy. Looks alot like the CBs I made above. Probably was in the back of my mind.

I will look at Cockrum's Imperial Guard designs as well. They are basically alternate costumes for the Legion [Wink] by the greatest comic costume designer ever.

[ October 20, 2005, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Jorg-EM ]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-  -  -  -  -

Cham was tough. Barry's design is by far the best option. I tried black & white but the navy blue is better (blue being a compliment to orange). Wasn't very happy with these results. Back to drawing board it seems for me.

[ October 20, 2005, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Jorg-EM ]

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I kinda like the first Cham. The green eyes are a nice touch. Overall great stuff!
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Well done Jorg. I especially like being in on the process and being informed in the what and why of your artistic decisions.
Keep up the good work!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

If Rond Vidar ever appeared in the current series I am hoping it is something like this. Tried to honor Giffen's old costume (which I love) but throw a similiar design to what Kitson is using. Also the glowing insignia almost a trademark of this Legion. [Wink]

Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the glowing insignia on Rond. He's always been one of my favorite characters.

I like the headgear on CB, too.

The hood on Cham is great. It goes back to his race's origin look without being overwhelming. I especially like the middle costume with the addition of the end Cham's hood.

These are always fun to look at.
Thanks for your hard work.
[Smile]
Shady

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysa Nal 3
& agents of the Magestrix

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysa Nal 3   Email Mysa Nal 3         Edit/Delete Post     
PS- I agree that Projectra is most effective with a mask, but I never liked the Sensor mask or outfit. I'd like something totally different, without the cape.
Hmmmmm.
Shady

--------------------
Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.

Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

thanks candlelight! I will try to do a less regal version of Barry's Projectra with a mask.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.