Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Barry Kitson inspired Legion designs (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Barry Kitson inspired Legion designs
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Ouch that's ugly. A dud. I tried to make my own projectra...the former one I used a friend made it and I altered it. But I guess I had a hand cramp. Maybe Barry's Projectra is just fine. [Wink] I would like a mask with no eye holes though. Ohwell back to drawing board.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Here is just Barry's version. I didn't care for the P at first but I guess it's grown on me. (her origin on the other hand)

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

Here is Kitson's Triplicate Girl. It's a combo it seems between her Triad days and plus the cape. Me don't like the cape.

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
kewl...
These are great Jorge.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Thanks High Priestess!

My goal here is to do the micro versions of Kitson's Legion (and unused drafts). While I like his take on every member I think a small few can be improved upon. Atleast IMO [Wink]

So far the only Kitson inspired costume I like better than the comic is Colossal Boy. The others I cannot improve upon.

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

Here is Kitson's Star Boy. I love it. The black costume with the star fields is my fave Star Boy costume. He added a cape and a bit of white in the upper chest. Perfect!

-  -

These two were for fun. The eighties costume I love so much.

And then Kitson's costume without a cape but keeping the white in the upper torso. I'm not a big fan of capes. [Wink]

[ June 09, 2006, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-  -

Again IMO this costume is perfect for Vi. I like the guns, I like the hair, the stripe down the middle of her body (small to big). Perfect!

The color scheme? eh. Not keen on the purple. In the first one I made the purple and green a tad darker than in the comic. The second one is just green with black.

[ June 09, 2006, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

I redid Element Lad. Put some more time and effort into it and voila!

-

As my initial post on this thread says. I just think the colors are off on Element Lad. Great costume but red and yellow? I like his old navy/green colors personally. [Smile]

Also the cape? It fits. I'm not a fan of them but like Star Boy...it works. (Triplicate Girl on the hand) I did some without the cape. I know he's a spiritual guy but he looks too magical IMO with the cape.

-  -

mhr_kara
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mhr_kara   Author's Homepage   Email mhr_kara         Edit/Delete Post     
the Phantom Girl and Shrinking Violet micros look really good. nice work!

btw, how exactly do you make these things? [Hmmm?]

From: Earth-247 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Thanks mhr_kara!

These micros started years ago when someone developed a little cute template. They evolved into this.

Go here for the hundreds of templates that you can use. http://www.geocities.com/wicket_harley/

After that use a pic editor (i use MS paint nothing fancy) and start creating costumes, etc.

Here is the Yahoo group that started it all
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilguyz/

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
LOVED the Rond depiction. I hope they will keep it in mind if they bring him back!

Shan

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

Wanted to do this one for some time now. In Barry's sketches this was his initial costume for the current Karate Kid. I like it slightly better than KK's actual costume. BUT it looks a bit like Dragonmage's. So in my Legion golden rule of keep it simple...I say Barry made a wise choice. [Smile]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

Well I am tired of waiting for Wildfire. I have no idea what Barry would make him look like. BUT I did go through some issues see if I saw a hint somewhere. In issue #13 part of Lemnos' army...that ended up joining Sun Boy...had a character that looked a tad like WF. So I used that as a model. (personally I think Sun Boy might be heading this other mysterious team...and wouldn't be suprised if WF was on that team).

Anyways I will proabably make a few more different ones down the road. Until I see the real deal. [Wink]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Oops, edited a double post. My bad.

[ December 19, 2006, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

-

Didn't turn out like I wanted. Tried to combine a few ideas here. First Quislet by Barry. I think if he did reappear he'd look like he's always looked like...a little flying ship.

Then he started looking like Ferro Lad. So imagine Quislet with the code name Ferro Lad to fit in with the silly names of the current Legion. [Wink] A Quislet/Ferro Lad gestalt actually might work.

Also thought a serious looking robot with a crazy sense of humor would be...ironic. heh.

Finally it didn't look as cool as I thought. ohwell back to the drawing board.

[ November 28, 2006, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Ultra Jorge ]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.