Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt... (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30   
Author Topic: LMB Fast Facts! Ask Cobalt...
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I have to agree, it shows that you worked hard on it. The way they brought down Earthgov was sheer genius!

I love how you've left Earth's fate somewhat vague - that is, we know they have a fighting chance but we also know they're gonna have to work hard to win.

And Dev, I'd love to see more adventures of Timber Wolf. I find him a really interesting character, and you've given him a certain charm that sets him apart from other anti-heroes like Wolverine or Green Arrow...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie - YEah, I have some ideas for some things that happened while he was still there, vut the Oval has taken up a lot of time for all of us lately.

IB - Thanks. I try and make him stand alone. He's of a certain mold, but I don't want him to fall into the same tropes as others like him.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Dev, you're "transforming" Furball into Timberwolf is one of the key factors in kick starting this recent wave of LMB revitalization and greatness! I love the complexity of the character and his various relationships. Naturally, I absolutely love the dynamic we've set up with him and Cobie, and I'm chomping at the bit to get to what we have planned next.

(Yes that's a tease to everyone [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
His genesis is kinda complex in my mind, there's a lot that went into the why and how he shifted from Fyrball to Timberwolf.

The overall explanation is simple enough though. I had been writing Dev into a corner of sorts and had some things planned for him that have played out...and will continue after his sacrifice. Having Lon re-imagined allowed me to have someon to play with and still accomplish what I wanted to with Dev.

The fact that he took on such a life of his own surprised me. The sheer amount of material that has been birthed because of who he is now (and who he is becoming) amazed me and still continues to.

...and yes folks...wait till you see what is coming up next.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

I was talking with someone else about Kar Em as well. Talk about a character taking on a life of his own. I had "plans" for him during the Oval, but he insisted on another route that has led to an interesting future for him.,.,whereas I thought he's be gone by now.

I love the dichotomy that we all bring to this shared universe. No matter what I have planned for one of my characters, it can be totally thrown off the rails by one comment someone else makes. Which is a great thing to be involved with.

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

That's what happened with Kinetix. I'd just intended for her to be a source of tension between IB and Blaze (plus, since she's my favoritest Legionnaire ever...) Then when Dev commented on me foisting her off on Angdar to keep Blaze from getting jealous, BOOM!

Wow, maybe we should save the rest of this for the post-Oval "making of" thread [LOL]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

We should really do that! Lots of behind the scenes tidbits have gone on that are pretty fascinating!

The collaborative aspect has been so strong on LotO. So many tweaks, adjustments and character beats came from one of us suggesting thing to others.

It'd be cool to almost do an anecdotal post by post thing even.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
The collaborative aspect has been so strong on LotO. So many tweaks, adjustments and character beats came from one of us suggesting thing to others.

Such as this line from Lardy: "Wouldn't it be great if Rocky were wearing a cowboy hat?".

And just so we're sure you saw this post, Cobie:

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
So, Des...how would you rank the LMBers in terms of raw power? (You don't need to rank all of them---maybe the top ten, with some explanations)

Hope this doesn't stump ya!

[Big Grin]

Seven years and a whole lot of continuity later, what would the answer be?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

(and if Rocky ain't in the top ten, you got some explaining to do!)

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

The whole Lon and Kalla thing just threw things into a total tizzy. Things have been full tilt since then.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

You know, at this point, I'd rather not rank the LMB in terms of raw power. I know it's not the same as being skilled or effective, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

(Last time I did it, at least 2 people were unhappy.)

Basically, I'm more inclined to list those who spend more time playing in the LMB verse anyway.

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I would be interested in doing a ranking. I have a lot of Tournaments in my background because of other comic book sites I visit (that is the reason Tournaments are a part of Sebastian's origin, kind of a homage).

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie has a good point. It makes sense not to do one right now, I think.

So, as they used to say on the old Hollywood Squares, back to a Cobalt Kid-type question:

In how many storylines has the entire (or most of) the LMB's cast of thousands (as it was at the time of writing) appeared? Pretty much everyone has appeared in Lord of the Oval at this point, for example.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

... and if anyone hasn't appeared, I'll be sure to sneak in a reference! [Razz]

Based on Cobie's history of the LMB, it seems the entire LMB has appeared in:

* The Road Trips
* Attack of the Anti-LMB
* SSOFAVV
* Beigeseid
* Refugees
* The Emerald Might of Ekron

Refugees thread, for example, only shows one post.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
You know, at this point, I'd rather not rank the LMB in terms of raw power. I know it's not the same as being skilled or effective, but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

(Last time I did it, at least 2 people were unhappy.)

Basically, I'm more inclined to list those who spend more time playing in the LMB verse anyway.

Yeah, even though Dev made it last time...things are constantly fluctuating here in the LMB.

Timberwolf for example is nowhere near the strongest character in the LMB, but could probably take down all but a select handful of members. Hard to rank that.

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.